Jo Jo Calderwood: " I don't want a bonus for a fight I under performed in"

Wow. I love this chick and her attitude. She's got a win over Kankaanp

I'm hoping they book her vs. Penne as the next title eliminator, with the winner facing Joanna or Carla in the late summer. However, I'm increasingly concerned it's going to be Tecia vs. JoJo, which would piss me off.

I think Jojo wins rather easily against Penne because Penne doesn't have good stand up game and can't score TDs on Jojo. I would like to see that fight as title eliminator mainly because Jojo could win it easily lol

As for Tecia vs Jojo that would be a close fight. Especially if Tecia decided to wrestle a lot.

Do you think that fight would be like Jo Jo vs. Seo Hee Ham, or different?

In my opinion, not even close to looking similar. Jojo is notorious for starting slow and I believe Tecia with blitzing her so frequently from the get go, that even when Jojo turns up the heat in the latter rounds....she'll be at such a deficit as far as strikes landed, she wont be able to catch up. Her slow starting and lack of head movement is tailor made for Tecia. Jojo is a phenomenal fighter for sure.

Last edited:
Do you think that fight would be like Jo Jo vs. Seo Hee Ham, or different?

Tough for me to visualize it other than that I think it might be an uphill battle for Tecia. I think Tecia is great at landing and has an awesome workrate but I think that JoJo would make her pay for closing the gap by landing big knees and sneaky elbows. While I agree with our friend here that JoJo is a slow starter, I think that she is also a significantly heavier hitter than Tecia so even if Torres is landing her shots, JoJo could change the dynamics of the fight with just a few big strikes and potentially turn a round in her favor.

I also wonder about the grappling. JoJo has underrated takedowns and so does Torres. However, I think that JoJo would be more likely to be successful if it came to this (I could see JoJo being able to overcome Tecia's tdd but not vice versa). While both would likely opt to stand and trade for the vast majority of the 15 minutes, I could see JoJo forcing some takedowns to throw Tecia's striking game off.

Tough fight-

calderwood seems like an incredibly nice woman so i don't think it's intentional at all, however i would feel more disrespected if i was rose by jojo publically diminishing the win by saying "yeah, the win was good and all but i wasn't even at my best", than her turning up and not performing to what she felt was her best

if i was dana reading this i would be rubbing my hands together! "get the fucking finance department on the fucking phone and cancel that fucking cheque! you fucking heard her she doesn't fucking want it. that's public fucking record man"

calderwood seems like an incredibly nice woman so i don't think it's intentional at all, however i would feel more disrespected if i was rose by jojo publically diminishing the win by saying "yeah, the win was good and all but i wasn't even at my best", than her turning up and not performing to what she felt was her best

if i was dana reading this i would be rubbing my hands together! "get the fucking finance department on the fucking phone and cancel that fucking cheque! you fucking heard her she doesn't fucking want it. that's public fucking record man"

Ehhh...not really. I felt she worded it in such a way(like someone else said earlier) that it both conveyed her disappointment while taking no respect from Rose.

Ehhh...not really. I felt she worded it in such a way(like someone else said earlier) that it both conveyed her disappointment while taking no respect from Rose.

i think her intention was fine, simply that i would not feel disrespected if someone came in and didn't fight to the best of (what they thought was) their abilities, but i would be more miffed about if, intentionally or not, someone was trying to put a little asterisk next to the win

ultimately i wouldn't care but i think the "good win but" would rile me more than going "aw shucks... i only got to fight her and finish her at 80%, god damn it..."

wow she needs to get off her high horse

A woman of integrity... can't wait till she gets a shot at the title, hopefully by the end of the year with a couple hard-won fights? Definitely wouldn't mind a rematch vs. Rose.

She better take it and give it to charity or something. Don't give it back!

10322433_640706622721912_2165286467973542235_n.jpg

In my opinion, the show showed how skilled Jojo is but how much she struggles to adapt on the fly compared to other girls. It's part of being an introvert. I'm not sure if her corner knew enough about Rose's game to provide Jojo with the best gameplan.

Back