Jo Jo Calderwood: " I don't want a bonus for a fight I under performed in"

Yeah.
But she has a cute voice so i guess people don't care.

What is a way a fighter can say they didn't feel like they were on their A game without disrespecting the fighter that beat them?

Is there any way in your opinion I guess is what I am asking?

lol.. Right..

I think people are taking this too literal and not maybe seeing why she said it. She is basically trying to say to the UFC "don't think I am the type of fighter that was content with my performance in that loss. Yeah I appreciate the money but I would much rather win a bonus for a FOTN when I am on my A game and that is exactly where i plan on being next time"

It would be like kinda fuckign up at work but despite the mistakes was fortunate you got the deal closed or something and then getting an Employee Of The Month bonus. Yeah you work to make money so you aren't turning it down but if you take pride in what you do then you feel a little uncomfortable about it. You would rather get it when you knocked one out of the park. To a fighter is kind of embarrassing in a way to get a FOTN bonus in a fight they lost. They don't want to hear "hey great try" because that implies they did the best they could and aren't good enough. I get where she is coming from in this and am surprised people are seeing negative or fake stuff here.

They need to book her for another fight already.

Stupid talk from a confused girl. Not going to be young and hot forever. One day the UFC will throw you away like a piece of trash. Take your money while you can get it, bank it, and don't question it. One day when you are old,busted up and broke you will realize masking a comment like this was utter stupidity.

But she's still going to cash that, I'm sure, and there's nothing wrong with saying what she did and cashing it.

Stupid talk from a confused girl. Not going to be young and hot forever. One day the UFC will throw you away like a piece of trash. Take your money while you can get it, bank it, and don't question it. One day when you are old,busted up and broke you will realize masking a comment like this was utter stupidity.

Suck it Kagan.

Not going to be young and hot forever.

Joanne-Calderwood.jpg

:eek:

Love me some Jojo but I don't like this statement, it minimizes Rose's success whether she meant to or not, and it invites accusations of hypocrisy since she is going to cash the cheque regardless. Still, it is in line with her personality, which is extremely focused and competitive, so I can forgive it.

So sick of Sherdog being oversensitive to any comment a losing fighter makes.

It's all about fanboys appropriating someone else's victory as their own and then getting uber-rustled because they feel 'their' victory is under attack.

She needs to give herself a break. There's no way she would had been at her best. Those fights on the show don't give enough time to prepare. She should just take the money. She's a great fighter and I'm sure there will be a rematch in the future. It's not like it's a stacked division.

Agreed. Look how bad Carla looked in her fights. Then she goes out and dominates Rose and I'm almost positive Rose just gave up.

2 yellowcards and you post that?

lol...good luck keeping your account active.

And she didn't give the money back, she just felt a little guilty as if she didn't deserve it.

Luck ran out haha

Just when I think I can't like Jojo any more than I already do... That's the perfectionist in her speaking. A perfectionist is always their own worst critic.

This has nothing to do with Rose beyond Jojo wishing she could have given Rose a better fight.

WAR Jojo. Try not to be too hard on yourself! Still my favorite female fighter. Can't wait to see her fight again.

Back