Jiu-Jitsu students are little GIRLS

The people that come in late, or skip warm ups and conditioning also sit out a lot of live rolling that can help make them better because they don't have the conditioning. Then you have these people complaining that they don't progress fast enough, or the instructor won't promote them, or higher ranks aren't as willing to help them. The people that show up on good days and bad days, get there early and stay late are the ones who are dedicated and making progress.

What's wrong with being a girl? There are some serious kick ass girls out there. Kyra Gracie, Cyborg, Hillary Williams, just to name a few....

No, not mad, just a thought from all the threads lately.

so you got mad about the quality of some of the latest thread.

then you decided to group all these stupid topics into one.

this is the reason why we should not let white belt create threads! :icon_conf

i absolutely hate it when the same people walk in day after day late and miss warm ups... i'm not talking about the guys who come straight from work (the uniform or dress clothes usually gives them away) but the guys who walk in wearing flip flops and gym shorts with the same stupid half smile on their face as they walk past the picture window in the front of the gym hoping it will cover up their douchebaggery...

i mean have some respect. it's as disrespectful to me as the guys who are off in corner doing their own thing (besides the brown and black belts) while the instructor is trying to teach.

hobbyist or not i just can't help but think about how hard my instructor worked to get where he is why would you expect to do any different?

i absolutely hate it when the same people walk in day after day late and miss warm ups... i'm not talking about the guys who come straight from work (the uniform or dress clothes usually gives them away) but the guys who walk in wearing flip flops and gym shorts with the same stupid half smile on their face as they walk past the picture window in the front of the gym hoping it will cover up their douchebaggery...

i mean have some respect. it's as disrespectful to me as the guys who are off in corner doing their own thing (besides the brown and black belts) while the instructor is trying to teach.

hobbyist or not i just can't help but think about how hard my instructor worked to get where he is why would you expect to do any different?

You can't exactly expect me to start driving to class if I haven't reached a save point yet, man.

why is this a thread?

I'm a little girl and I like jiu-jitsu, but I don't complain or whine about it.

I partly agree that recently there have been some stupid posts and threads.

It is kinda funny how the TS has managed to group all those threads together in this one.

I must admit, I did find it silly that someone would want to chastise someone at their club for not doing the warm up or being late. But today I was annoyed when someone said I need to push myself further when I had been doing about 16 rounds of specific training without any rest and that person missed it due to being late.

I hate it when the higher belts do it as well, my instructor has threatened banning colored belts from the basics class, because they come and then when he teaches something, er... basic, they sit in the corner doing their own thing, it is disrespectful.

I guess I am lucky, we have been given the option to go do our own thing if the technique showned in the basic class is too basic.

I may come in late because of work or miss a warm up because I also do Muay Thai that same day, but I will never talk or do my own thing when the instructor is trying to teach.
Oh and I wear a blue gi to class when my black gi is dirty.

white belt wearing a black gi. OMG! what is wrong with the world nowadays?

Back