?jiu-jitsu; bjj and gracie jiu jisu?

• Thread starter DaGREATkabookie**
  • Start date
D

DaGREATkabookie**

whats the difference between jiu- jitsu; bjj and gracie ju jitsu ;and who (what type) devloped the guard.

If whitebelts were unable to create threads Jesus would be alive today.

bjj=gracie jiujitsu

the name brazillian was used due some copyright issues with the gracies not letting anyone use the name gracie jiu-jitsu alone.

jiu-jitsu can be either the brazillian(gracie) or japanese.

The guard was developed in judo I think. You have to know the roots of BJJ to understand.

Brazilian Ji Jitsu: Gi based grappling, although it has expanded to no Gi ( a Gi is a uniform, sometimes reffered to as a Kimono, see Judo Uniform on search engine) BJJ is the style that revolutionized cage fighting when Royce Gracie unleashed its pwnage on the unsuspecting world.

Gracie Jiu-Jitsu: Copyright name of the Gracie family's style of BJJ.

Jiu-Jitsu: Traditional martial art, Japan.

The guard was developed during the Ne-Waza Revolution in Japan, late 1800's and early 1900's, it was taguht to Master Carlos Gracie and Master Helio Gracie by Mitsudo Maeda, a visiting Japanese diplomat and Judo/Jiu-Jitsu fighter.

You: whitebelt, newbie, noob, pwned, noober, baby-belt, new guy, ko-hai, el nuevo, novice, etc. Welcome to the grappling forum.

Nice posts!

I love Mondays, the thread and posts just make my day.

on this forum when someone says jiu jitsu, theyre usually referring to bjj and gjj

theyre really all the same thing.

when someone says ju jitsu, or ju jutsu. notice the diff spelling. theyre probably talking about traditional JJ.

make sense?

BJJ=Gracie JJ

Most schools practise in varius ways with few deferences but mostly doing the same old BJJ/GJJ :)

Someone tell him what caulis are before he makes a thread about them

How do you do an armbar?
What kind of choke does Nog use where he gets thier arm and head?
How do BJJ belts go?
Is there a difference between BJJ and GJJ?
How do I beat someone who is bigger and/or better than me?

There we go. I think I just covered 90% of the threads whitebelts start, and probably 30-40% of the threads ever created.

Hey fellow white belt! Want an informative and unsarcastic answer?
BJJ and GJJ is sport oriented stuff regardless of what their nuthuggers will tell you. These arts will have you whipping ass in MMA but getting your head kicked in by your opponents friends. Or your flesh chewed off and your eyes gouged out. Or, my favorite, stabbed until you resemble a spagetti strainer.
Traditional ju jutsu, while not near as effective in MMA or arguably in one on one combat period, will have you dropping a knee on a guys spine and looking around for his buddies or throwing a guy down and stomping his head and running away to fight another day.
No offense to BJJ guys, I train in it when a good instructor comes along myself.

^^^did you have to go and start that shit again.

tjj will also fill your head with exotic standing wristlocks and other submissions that you have no idea how to use effectively in a real life situation because you have never practiced them on a resisting opponent. so lets amend your story:

bjj will get you hit in the side of the head by the guy's friend when you have him mounted and are pummeling the shit out of him

tjj will get you hit in the fucking face by the first guy beause you try a throw or submission that you have no real idea how to apply. and his friends can sit around and laugh instead of getting involved.

leave multiple attacker situations for the fucking movies noob, thats the only place where the good guy comes out ok. have a nice day cumbelt.

colinm said:
^^^did you have to go and start that shit again.

tjj will also fill your head with exotic standing wristlocks and other submissions that you have no idea how to use effectively in a real life situation because you have never practiced them on a resisting opponent. so lets amend your story:

bjj will get you hit in the side of the head by the guy's friend when you have him mounted and are pummeling the shit out of him

tjj will get you hit in the fucking face by the first guy beause you try a throw or submission that you have no real idea how to apply. and his friends can sit around and laugh instead of getting involved.

leave multiple attacker situations for the fucking movies noob, thats the only place where the good guy comes out ok. have a nice day cumbelt.

Amen.

zaner said:
Hey fellow white belt! Want an informative and unsarcastic answer?
BJJ and GJJ is sport oriented stuff regardless of what their nuthuggers will tell you. These arts will have you whipping ass in MMA but getting your head kicked in by your opponents friends. Or your flesh chewed off and your eyes gouged out. Or, my favorite, stabbed until you resemble a spagetti strainer.
Traditional ju jutsu, while not near as effective in MMA or arguably in one on one combat period, will have you dropping a knee on a guys spine and looking around for his buddies or throwing a guy down and stomping his head and running away to fight another day.
No offense to BJJ guys, I train in it when a good instructor comes along myself.

Hahaha. OMG, Mondays, just when you think you had seen the best post of the day, I see this. Yeah, bro, walk through life thinking TJJ is going to get you Enter the Dragon type results. Mondays, you just got to love it. Hahaha.

You're right guys I should never have claimed to be the all knowing TJJ guy and talked about how effective those wristlocks are. Enter the Dragon results....you're right man what was I thinking. All that talk about fighting off multiple attackers I did.......what a noob. What a cumbelt. Preach my all knowing superiors.
At least I gave an honest answer and wasn't a cocksucker just because the threadstarter is a newb. But you're right, lets treat everyone that gets into this sport and wants to discuss it like shit. It's good for the sport.

oh dont be so sensitive its an internet discussion forum, and you brought it up. besides, i agreed with your point. bjj is absolute shit for multiple attacker situations....there, i said it.....but so is every other martial art. my only suggestion is that the multiple attacker stuff be saved for hollywood action flicks featuring jet li (sp?)

yeah whitebelts should never start threads.
bloc your a :eek::eek::eek:
delta you suck the cock

E
come on guys do I fit in now?

DaGREATkabookie said:
yeah whitebelts should never start threads.
bloc your a :eek::eek::eek:
delta you suck the cock

E
come on guys do I fit in now?

Hahaha, man, you funny.

Yeah, you'll fit right on in.

I agree also that bjj will not stop multiple attackers beating you down, so there is this new martial art I just saw on t.v. any body heard about it.

"Matrix Style"

Yeah, there was this guy all dressed in black I think his name his real name was Keanu Reeves, well anyway, he could defeat hundreds and hundreds of the same guy with one inch punch, slaps, man that guy could defy gravity and fly.

Its a really new style, an offshoot of kung fu I think. Its so awesome. When you get to that level of martial arts man, you can fly and save the world from robots. Everything its totally awesome. I expect that everyone in Pride and UFC will be doing Matrix Style soon to defeat multiple attackers and machines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back