?jiu-jitsu; bjj and gracie jiu jisu?

• Thread starter DaGREATkabookie**
  • Start date
DaGREATkabookie said:
yeah whitebelts should never start threads.
bloc your a :eek::eek::eek:
delta you suck the cock

E
come on guys do I fit in now?

nice dude, youll do fine here...fucking cumbelt

Wasteland.

And don't ever mention Delta's name again you worthless piece of shit.

E

Jiu-Jitsu is the Portuguese spelling of Ju-Jitsu (or Jujutsu) and usually refers to BJJ, but not always.

DaGREATkabookie said:
yeah whitebelts should never start threads.
bloc your a :eek::eek::eek:
delta you suck the cock

E
come on guys do I fit in now?

This actually made me laugh.

But seriously, dude, shut the fuck up about Delta.

zaner said:
You're right guys I should never have claimed to be the all knowing TJJ guy and talked about how effective those wristlocks are. Enter the Dragon results....you're right man what was I thinking. All that talk about fighting off multiple attackers I did.......what a noob. What a cumbelt. Preach my all knowing superiors.
At least I gave an honest answer and wasn't a cocksucker just because the threadstarter is a newb. But you're right, lets treat everyone that gets into this sport and wants to discuss it like shit. It's good for the sport.

True, you gave an honest answer, but then, it'd be hypocritical for a white belt to diss a white belt, yeah?

I did it anyway. Loved it so much I almost cried when my shit turned yellow... (kind of like it does when I eat too many eggs).

Fighting off multiple attackers is a lovely fantasy, but if I've got more than one guy to deal with, I'm gonna run. Or hope that the Thai kick that breaks the first guy's knee scares the next dude enough he doesn't want to take a chance being the guy who goes down in the rush: kind of like John Wayne standing outside the jail saying, "Alright, I've only got 6 bullets in this gun, and there's 150 of you in this mob...which six want to die?"

But we train some TMA at my school from time to time for its true NHB nastiness, and I'm not deluded into thinking it'll help me beat up six guys at once. More than anything, it just shocks me enough that I never forget a fight in the street won't have rules, and that I should use eye gouges, ear grabs, neck breaks, etc. I'm not nearly as confident in the small-circle stuff from TMA as I am in BJJ moves.

You're gonna bring a guy down with a wrist lock? HELL NO. But if I'm bouncing, and I want to control a guy by slapping on a gooseneck after using Uki Goshi to bring him down and subdue him? Yeah, I could see that working.

" Fighting and defeating more than one opponent is only possible in the battle songs of the heroes. " This is a quote from a barbarian fantasy novel, but it gets my idea across pretty well. Fighting more than one guy is not advisable, really, you should run for it if at all possible. Or fight like hell till you create an opening, then run for it.
I hope no-one here is in a situation where they are surrounded and cannot run away, but if ever you are, you need to kill the first person that touches you, and keep going or you might get killed yourself.
My buddy in high-school had a good principle, which he once applied: Hurt one of them so bad, the biggest one there, that the rest back down.

why is it when someone gets a couple dozen post they turn in to f**kin Fedor Gracie all of a sudden,
just becuase you have an isp dosent make you f**kin yoda.

this is a terible thread and but i am a nice person and i want to tell you that Gracie jiu-jitsu=BJJ and Jiu jitsu= is an old traditional martail art

Kabookie...why all the negativity man? Sure some people answered your question with jokes, but alot of us tried to give you an honest answer.
No you don't fit in by being abusive to people and flaming on people, you fit in by contributing stuff we might not know, or posting cool pictures of tournaments, or contriubing some new info to this forum.
Seriously man, I know it's hard not to take offense at people who give you an answer you don't like, but you gotta suck it up man!
Try not to talk to much schlack about how great your tma is here, and how others don't know nothing or are internet grapplers and you'll do good. Honest critiques, respectfully phrased with logical points of argument are okay in my book...so learn to do that and leave all the tuff guy b.s. at home.

im not trying to be negative, my point is that a LOT of people seem to bag on white belts becuase the seem to have a few more post then them, and some people here act like they came out of the vag. knowing how to triangle a grace. just dont forget that everyone here had to start somewhere.

DaGREATkabookie said:
why is it when someone gets a couple dozen post they turn in to f**kin Fedor Gracie all of a sudden,
just becuase you have an isp dosent make you f**kin yoda.

dude....when i called you a cumbelt, i was totally joking around, so sorry you didnt get it....and you have to be crazy to think i give a fuck about being a greenbelt on sherdog.

i was annoyed with zaner for posting a typical bullshit argument about bjj being just a "sport" - like bjj players have no idea what is appropriate for that kind of situation and would pull x-guard or something - and tjj being better because its got deadly/foul moves and is sooooooo street fighting oriented......we've been through that a million times before. it still amazes me that people think bjj is about pulling guard, while every bjj whitebelt knows the "bjj streetfighting strategy" -if you want to call it that - is takedown > mount > knocking you the fuck out. and if i ever did decide to armbar anyone on teh big bad streetzzzz, you bet your ass id be snapping your arm in two before you had a chance to bite me. please excuse the fact that ive heard that bullshit so many times that i digress from making polite arguments and take a more confrontational approach

colinm said:
dude....when i called you a cumbelt, i was totally joking around, so sorry you didnt get it....and you have to be crazy to think i give a fuck about being a greenbelt on sherdog.

i was annoyed with zaner for posting a typical bullshit argument about bjj being just a "sport" - like bjj players have no idea what is appropriate for that kind of situation and would pull x-guard or something - and tjj being better because its got deadly/foul moves and is sooooooo street fighting oriented......we've been through that a million times before. it still amazes me that people think bjj is about pulling guard, while every bjj whitebelt knows the "bjj streetfighting strategy" -if you want to call it that - is takedown > mount > knocking you the fuck out. and if i ever did decide to armbar anyone on teh big bad streetzzzz, you bet your ass id be snapping your arm in two before you had a chance to bite me. please excuse the fact that ive heard that bullshit so many times that i digress from making polite arguments and take a more confrontational approach

Me too. +1. Annoyed at zaner's post. Plus was laughing at the posts before mine.

But to zaner, if you think that tjj is greater than all other grappling. Enter a submission only tournament that allows wrists locks and post the vids. We will be awaiting the event, the date and location and the video.

Stoic1 said:
How do you do an armbar?
What kind of choke does Nog use where he gets thier arm and head?
How do BJJ belts go?
Is there a difference between BJJ and GJJ?
How do I beat someone who is bigger and/or better than me?

There we go. I think I just covered 90% of the threads whitebelts start, and probably 30-40% of the threads ever created.
Man, u got to take a break from this naggy behaviour of yours. U are choking me out with it all over the forum.

DaGREATkabookie said:
im not trying to be negative, my point is that a LOT of people seem to bag on white belts becuase the seem to have a few more post then them, and some people here act like they came out of the vag. knowing how to triangle a grace. just dont forget that everyone here had to start somewhere.
I guess it's just a sort of "hazing" that goes on at the forums. We have seen a lot of funny/ridiculous/baloney posts by whitebelts, but these guys would probably post equally as bad at any color. Seriously, I was once terrorized on this very forum for asking what the stripes meant on a BJJ'ers belt. I guess I asked it on the forum, cuz it wasn't something I wanted to ask a BJJ guy in the really real world. Us higher belt should proly realize that this is why we see so many weetarded questions on the forums, they are the questions nobody is willing to ask in the real world.
Don't sweat it dude, people will get to know the calibre of your mind by the things they see written, so try to not say what you don't mean or haven't thought out well.

BJJ can help in the street. Obviously, as has already been said, you don't just pull guard. You use the techniques as needed. With multiple attackers, you have to be smart. Either run away or strike aggressively and smartly. I've seen in done in person.. I've also applied bjj techniques in real life situations myself. I don't see TMA's as a complete waste of time, but I prefer to train in the practical stuff.

Back