• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Jiri doubles down on Goddard making the right decision and that he was totally out

He seems to be. What changed in his life? I read he was a tool always looking for street fights when he was younger.
Gustafsson too but they matured an learned the code

Never happened. We all watched the fight. They played it back in slo mo and we all saw that it was an early stoppage. He got hurt and fell back with Poaton on top of him, he never went limp.
He went limp. Objectively

"Mark Goddard was right. Maybe 2, 3 more seconds and it would have been a different way. But what happened, happened."

He's saying he could have kept fighting but is accepting the ref's decision. That's what a humble fighter does. He doesn't want to throw Goddard under the bus.

He said he was 'out' previously. The way you interpreted it, the story is now evolving, if true. Another 2 or 3 seconds with him completely defenseless on his back eating those huge shots in the head, it would have been far worse. It is easy to interpret it that way after the fact that, but the only plausible path would have been worse for him and a lot more CTE. Pereira's power is no joke. Goddard saved him from a lot of life altering brain injuries.

He objectively didn't.
Not going to have the discussion when it was obvious to everyone watching the fight that he took ten straight punches and elbows to the side of the head and went limp. Not one of the 100+ people I watched the fight with last night missed it, but you did.

Not worth talking about. Double digit strikes to the head, goes limp and the fight is stopped. Easy call.

He said he was 'out' previously. The way you interpreted it, the story is now evolving, if true. Another 2 or 3 seconds with him completely defenseless on his back eating those huge shots in the head, it would have been far worse. It is easy to interpret it that way after the fact that, but the only plausible path would have been worse for him and a lot more CTE. Pereira's power is no joke. Goddard saved him from a lot of life altering brain injuries.

He said he was "out" during the Reyes fight. He means he was rocked.

You don’t go from working a single or a double leg with your whole base under you, to falling backwards without going limp. Anyone saying he didn’t go limp has never been in that position before.

Jiri might've went out on that hook, or even out and woke back up when Alex was burying many many elbows into the side of his head.

Happens a lot during multiple strikes, some fighters will actually lose after KOing the other fighter, after waking them up with more strikes.

Jiri is a great dude, it's impossible to not be a fan of the guy.
He got flash KOed against Reyes and about a minute later went on to deliver the KO of the year. I'm not saying he could've won that fight, but if we let it play out for another few seconds I'm not sure anyone would've complained

He said he was "out" during the Reyes fight. He means he was rocked.

Listen back to it. I can post it here if you want. He said 'He [Goddard] was right. I was out. You know I will never stop. I will never stop even if I was dead. My body would still be working'. He mans it metaphorically that if Goddard did not stop it, he would not have given up, but he does not dispute as he has said many times 'Goddard was right in his stoppage'.

At the end of the day, Goddard saved him from more serious damage, concussion, CTE etc. as no way after eating 15 unsanswered shots to his head and a 230 lbs Pereira hovering over him with him on his back while Pereira landing those huge fists in his head, could recover. Pereira's power cannot be compared to other LHWs.

Listen back to it. I can post it here if you want. He said 'He [Goddard] was right. I was out. You know I will never stop. I will never stop even if I was dead. My body would still be working'. He mans it metaphorically that if Goddard did not stop it, he would not have given up, but he does not dispute as he has said many times 'Goddard was right in his stoppage'.

At the end of the day, Goddard saved him from more serious damage, concussion, CTE etc. as no way after eating 15 unsanswered shots to his head and a 230 lbs Pereira hovering over him with him on his back while Pereira landing those huge fists in his head, could recover. Pereira's power cannot be compared to other LHWs.

He's being nice to Goddard and not throwing him under the bus. He says himself he could have continued to fight. We all saw the fight, they played it back in slow mo and the commentators acknowledged it could have kept going. You're trying to change the narrative based on Jiri being a good dude.

Not going to have the discussion when it was obvious to everyone watching the fight that he took ten straight punches and elbows to the side of the head and went limp. Not one of the 100+ people I watched the fight with last night missed it, but you did.

Not worth talking about. Double digit strikes to the head, goes limp and the fight is stopped. Easy call.

He didn't go limp. You saw the slo mo replay right? If it was an easy call why did they play it back and all the commentators acknowledge it was an early stoppage?

He's being nice to Goddard and not throwing him under the bus. He says himself he could have continued to fight. We all saw the fight, they played it back in slow mo and the commentators acknowledged it could have kept going. You're trying to change the narrative based on Jiri being a good dude.

He said '[Goddard[ was right. I was out'. That says it all. End of story. He is exuding the saumurai spirit that he would have kept fighting no matter what, so it was refs job to call the stoppage. Stop spinning it other ways out with coulda, shoulda or woulda as it is the refs job to determine when to stop the fight. Pereira's fists to the head are on a different level in terms of damage and should not be compared to another LHW fighter. It was the perfect stoppage given there was nothing left for Jiri there given the circumstances with 15 unanswered blows to the head. Period.

I wanted jiri to win and at first thought it was a lil bit of an early stoppage.after rewatching I think it was a good call and he will learn and be back. Can't make even a small mistake with Pereira.im excited to see him fight hill.i think Jamal will be looking to take him down alot more than jiri did.

He said '[Goddard[ was right. I was out'. End of story. Stop spinning it other ways with coulda, shoulda or woulda as it is the refs job to determine when to stop the fight. It was the perfect stoppage given there was nothing left for Jiri there. Period.

The commentators agreed it was an early stoppage. Most sherdoggers also do. The Youtube analysts I've watched are calling it an early stoppage. And Jiri himself says he could have kept fighting. But sure, "perfect stoppage".

Back