News Jimmy Flick retires from MMA

Wonder if he had injury or health problems pop up. On a positive if you're only going to have 1 UFC fight in your life, winning by flying triangle is a good way too cap the career.

Maybe he was hit in sparring by TJ Dillashaw so hard he got a concussion.

Very surprising in the sense that he is one of the more interesting prospects at FLW and is coming off a great win. But reading that part of the interview it makes a lot of sense especially if he has other ways to make money and be happy. It sucks to see a promising guy retire early from a fan viewpoint but i hope everything works out for him.

alot of karens on here. Ufc offers you a platform to make money, work hard win fights and promote yourself. Ufc has made alot of millionaires over the years. He made more money in 1 night than working a full year at his cnc job so what is the problem? he can fight 2-4 times a year.

So hes copying khabib with the retirement speech?

My guess is he found a more stable job that pays better and doesn't involve getting hit in the head. I wish him the best
Yea actually know whats going on with him. Has other things in his life right now that are more important. I will tell you right now bradah appreciates all the love and support he is getting from the fans.

Thats the problem with Dana White Contender series, its a job interview, but after you get the job, you realize that you didn't want the job in the first place.

Lots of UFC retiring early on their own free will.
- Max Rohskopf
- Jimmy Flick

I'm sure they won't be the last.

Last edited:
alot of karens on here. Ufc offers you a platform to make money, work hard win fights and promote yourself. Ufc has made alot of millionaires over the years. He made more money in 1 night than working a full year at his cnc job so what is the problem? he can fight 2-4 times a year.

It shouldn't need to be said his CNC job likely has health benefits, a retirement plan, paid time off and he doesn't get literal brain damage performing his job. He even noted in the article that after paying managers and gym fees the 50k was much smaller.

You should also know the UFC covers a total of 2 economy flights and 1 hotel room for each fighter. That means everyone who has multiple corners with them (virtually a requirement) paid out of pocket to fly them out and likely paid for at least one additional hotel room.

The UFC pays out a total of 18% of revenue to fighters. That includes all bonuses, PPV points, even the insurance. Literally every penny. So fighters are getting paid peanuts.

We crown 8 All-American Division I wrestlers each and every year at heavyweight. Where are all of these guys? Teaching high school gym for 50k/year because its a much better overall value then a starting pay of 12k to get your head punched in.

Until the UFC is paying a equitable split of the revenue coming in, this is how it goes.

We will probably see him in the UFC again.

He made more money in 1 night than working a full year at his cnc job so what is the problem?

There's a risk of concussion, eye injury, permanent scar, knee injury, or broken bones.

There's no job security. Dana White can cut you at any time. He doesn't give you a pension after you retire. There's no guarantee you'll get a fight bonus.

Are you satisfied paying only 18% of revenue to fighters?

Or do you want to see the very best athletes in the sport? If you increase the revenue split to 35%, there's a much greater chance of seeing bigger, stronger, and faster athletes in MMA.

There's a risk of concussion, eye injury, permanent scar, knee injury, or broken bones.

There's no job security. Dana White can cut you at any time. He doesn't give you a pension after you retire. There's no guarantee you'll get a fight bonus.

Are you satisfied paying only 18% of revenue to fighters?

Or do you want to see the very best athletes in the sport? If you increase the revenue split to 35%, there's a much greater chance of seeing bigger, stronger, and faster athletes in MMA.
Thats true....

The reality is, to @all sherdoggers
Would you give yourself brain damage for 50k - 100k a year?

If I'm gonna make that choice to give myself brain damage, I wouldn't do it for 50k a year. Not even 100k a year.
I barely have enough brain cells as it is.

I'm not even sure 1 million would be enough.
Respect to the fighters that do it and give us the entertainment.

Back