Jim Carrey vs Jerry Seinfeld

On one hand, Carey's the only one to make me laugh, on the other hand, he went frikkin weird with the anti-vax and weird consciousness stuff.

couldn't get through 1 episode. It is so bad

That's on you man! Whad'ya watch Friends or sumthin? You can't tell me you'd shut off the white supremacist limo episode, or the Hamptons, or The Contest, or Kramer's smoking lounge, or.... C'mon now.

Carrey is more of a performer. He's a very good actor in serious roles but in comedies, he mostly relies on physically in a slapstick throwback.

Jerry is much more subtle. He's a pretty poor actor even by his own admission but he's a great writer and his brand/style of comedy just worked so well for the time and still holds up. In an era of feel-good TV, Seinfeld brought a brand of nihilism, cynicism, and sarcasm that wasn't the norm. It doesn't look like it today with prominent comedies like Parks and Rec or Modern Family getting played but Seinfeld was way ahead of it's time and paved the way for shows like this.

So you're comparing 2 90s comedians, one who was basically playing a 3 Stooges throwback and the other who was way ahead of his time. So the correct answer is Seinfeld.

Carrey is more of a performer. He's a very good actor in serious roles but in comedies, he mostly relies on physically in a slapstick throwback.

Jerry is much more subtle. He's a pretty poor actor even by his own admission but he's a great writer and his brand/style of comedy just worked so well for the time and still holds up. In an era of feel-good TV, Seinfeld brought a brand of nihilism, cynicism, and sarcasm that wasn't the norm. It doesn't look like it today with prominent comedies like Parks and Rec or Modern Family getting played but Seinfeld was way ahead of it's time and paved the way for shows like this.

So you're comparing 2 90s comedians, one who was basically playing a 3 Stooges throwback and the other who was way ahead of his time. So the correct answer is Seinfeld.

Well, thats just like, your opinion, man

Jim Carey is much more versatile, he can do it all. Seinfields legacy is dependent on one project he has done.

Don’t know how anyone can choose Senfield over Carrey. Fire Marshal Bill alone was funnier than anything Jerry done in his career.

this shit slays me every fucking time

Jim Carey. Not even close. Liar liar. Ace. Me myself and Irene. Bruce almighty. All better than Seinfeld.

Carrey is mindless humor.

Seinfeld you have to think about and appreciate

Not a fan of slapstick, which is arguably the style of Jim’s greatest achievements. Jerry actually makes me think, and laugh.
Jerry by a country mile.

I think a better comparison is Jim Carey vs Steve Carell...both have incredible dramatic performances in their repetoiore between foxcatcher and eternal Sunshine

And then after all that we can complete the triangle with the office vs Seinfeld...that's kind of a tough one imo

Seinfeld is still the greatest sitcom of all time. Jim is talented but nowhere near Jerry's level. Obviously Jim is the much better actor though.

Everyone judging Seinfeild just on his show his stand up is great not to mention him as a person to this day. I like them both but Jerry > Jim

Hey knows he could make so much money if he did bring the show back but doesn't want to

his last standup on letterman

I love Seinfeld but he never could have pulled off a role like Man on the Moon, The Truman Show, or Eternal Sunshine. Carrey is far more versatile.

Back