Jim Carrey vs Jerry Seinfeld

Both were very good at their respective acts.
I refuse to choose because they are so different.

You couldn't find two more different types of comedians. Jim is or was more of a slapstick, over the top style of comedian. Effective for when he was at his peak. Jerry was more of a laid back, observer comedian who would make jokes about daily occurrences. They both had their niche audiences. In comedy, I would side with Jerry based on longevity alone. The slapstick stuff wears thin with age.

Success wise they have both hit some major highs, but even though Jim has some nicer awards on his mantle, Jerry takes the cake on overall success. His show is considered one of the greatest ever, I think he's worth close to a billion at this point, and his new show comedians in cars is doing great.

I'd actually like to see Jim in more dramatic films as I think he can and has done great in more serious roles.

Not a big Carrey fan. And Se8nfeld is the goat sitcom so..... Jerry.

Two completely different types of comedy ..

Seinfeld is my fav show and dumb and dumber is one of my fav movies .

Carrey by standing the test of time..

Recently saw some Seinfeld again. Holy fucking cringe Batman. Horrible over acting, extremely obvious and cliche joke setups etc. That show has not aged well.

Seinfeld can make observations about every single thing on the entire earth for the rest of his life and he'll still be landing a couple jokes at the end.

Carrey's material eventually breaks down into fart jokes and just starts becoming obnoxious.

Seinfeld wins easily.

While the show Seinfeld is obviously the best thing between them, I think Jerry was very, very, very fortunate to hook up with Larry David.

I grew up in the same time, and it wasnt.
That was actually the least funniest shit about Jim Carrey, and I watched Living Color growing up and all of that stuff.
His work in Liar Liar was very good. Ace Ventura was good too.
But nothing was as historic as Seinfeld.

Also you're not a kid anymore, so you should be able to put away the corny contorting faces and focus on the actual jokes.

This is why I call Bottom my personal GOAT comedy.

When I was a kid, I loved the wacky faces and the violence.
When I grew up, I gained a new appreciation for the jokes themselves.

Seinfeld is like Friends to me.

American sitcoms just do not work for me. I find the majority of them to be obnoxious, and far less funny and intelligent than they think they are.

I used to love Jim Carrey as a kid. Not so much now, but he is an excellent actor.

Carrey by a mile.

If USA wants to display itself as a premier country for comedy, it should display it's animation, which is excellent.

Carey has a better toolkit. He also had a prime where he was the biggest movie star in the world.

He’s a decent dramatic actor, he can make kids laugh, his body is like rubber and he has Dumb and Dumber which holds up really well.

I like Jerry a lot and I like the show. They are indeed very different kinds of comedians. I give it to Carrey on versatility but it’s close.

After much thought The Truman Show is my favorite Jim Carrey movie.

The all time best movie, Jim Carrey has been in, is Kick Ass 2.

His performance in Truman Show was better but kick-ass 2 was the better movie.

I could hang out with Jim as a friend. Jerry would be a better boss at work.

This is like comparing tits and poop.

Jerry is matter of fact and hasn't changed a bit. People see him as some kind of unfunny dork, but he is ice cold and always steady. I got respect for Jerry. He still brings perspectives I never thought about.

Carrey paints portraits of Donald Trump and posts them on twitter.

Historically? I still go with Jerry. Carrey was incredibly talented, but he had to make faces and talk with his ass cheeks to get laughs. Jerry just stands there and acts like himself, and makes tens of millions anyways.

Carrey and it's not close.

Carrey is 7 years younger, 3 inches taller with a longer reach, in better shape, and has a much more physical brand of comedy. Plus he has a better chin.

Jim is just more well rounded. Better head movement. He uses his hands and his feet. He goes to the body and the head. In addition to better stand-up (pun intended) Jim has better takedowns and grappling, and vicious GNP. In fact he was rolling out the Stockton slap years before the Diaz brothers.

Carey by TKO early round 2 or Jerry does not answer the bell. Though I would make a small lay-off bet on Carrey losing by DQ because he is known to bite, as well as throw kicks and punches to the groin.

Last edited:
Carrey by standing the test of time..

Recently saw some Seinfeld again. Holy fucking cringe Batman. Horrible over acting, extremely obvious and cliche joke setups etc. That show has not aged well.

Couldn't disagree more. I still regularly watch it.

Back