JESSICA JONES (Cancelled After Season 3)

Missed the entire point of the show. Its not what JJ is about. She is a broken person who is massively unsure of her powers and her place in the world. She doesnt want to be a hero, but ends up being one anyway. Like all of the Defenders. You need to stop comparing it to other shows. Where DD was action with drama elements, JJ is a drama with action elements.
This.

Missed the entire point of the show. Its not what JJ is about. She is a broken person who is massively unsure of her powers and her place in the world. She doesnt want to be a hero, but ends up being one anyway. Like all of the Defenders. You need to stop comparing it to other shows. Where DD was action with drama elements, JJ is a drama with action elements.

And I think you missed the point of my review. There is no one better in here that understands what the show is all about and who Jessica Jones is. It is the writing, repetitiveness, 'draginess,' and pacing, I'm most critical about.

But I can see also that you misinterpreted my use of "strong" in the last paragraph. I didn't mean it as physically strong but strong as in superb, fantastic, terrific and so on. I'll change the wording in my review to avoid any confusion.

And I think you missed the point of my review. There is no one better in here that understands what the show is all about and who Jessica Jones is. It is the writing, repetitiveness, 'draginess,' and pacing, I'm most critical about.

But I can see also that you misinterpreted my use of "strong" in the last paragraph. I didn't mean it as physically strong but strong as in superb, fantastic, terrific and so on. I'll change the wording in my review to avoid any confusion.

You should probably re watch the show with out expectations. I understand your criticisms, but you went into the show expecting Daredevil. I did not misinterpret your use of "strong" You misused the word in itself. JJ is at its very essence a story about a rape victim wanting revenge on her attacker. And the fact that you have missed this in your review is all that needs to be said about it.

You should probably re watch the show with out expectations. I understand your criticisms, but you went into the show expecting Daredevil. I did not misinterpret your use of "strong" You misused the word in itself. JJ is at its very essence a story about a rape victim wanting revenge on her attacker. And the fact that you have missed this in your review is all that needs to be said about it.

Disagree with you on missing the rape victim part. Not mentioning rape doesn't mean that mean I didn't get it (though I did mention PTSD). There's also a lot of things I left out in my review, doesn't mean I didn't get it also. A lot of people in here didn't mention rape also, doesn't mean they don't understand what the show is all about either.

Wow. This might be the first time we disagreed on a score, DL.
Yeah, we usually see eye to eye on these things. But I'm glad you and others liked the show. It just didn't click with me.

Agent Carter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JJ. That said, I think 5/10 is a bit harsh. It's get's a 7 from me, while DD remains the GOAT comic book series.
I know 5 is a bit harsh but let me try to explain how I rated it. It's quite logical (for me). I imagine if someone asks me if I liked the movie/show. There are only two answers - I like it or I didn't like it. If I like it, then I have to choose how much I liked it from a rating of 6 (Decent) to 10 (Excellent). If my answer is I didn't like, then I choose from 5 (Average) and below.

Ep 5 derailed my enthusiam quite a bit, liked it up until then.
she fights like 10 dudes with tasers and doesn't crush anyone

Yeah, we usually see eye to eye on these things. But I'm glad you and others liked the show. It just didn't click with me.

I know 5 is a bit harsh but let me try to explain how I rated it. It's quite logical (for me). I imagine if someone asks me if I liked the movie/show. There are only two answers - I like it or I didn't like it. If I like it, then I have to choose how much I liked it from a rating of 6 (Decent) to 10 (Excellent). If my answer is I didn't like, then I choose from 5 (Average) and below.

Fair enough. I prefer to be more specific in my ratings. But that's just a personal preference.

As to the point you made earlier, I agree it would be surprising if anyone didn't realize that Jessica was a rape victim. Indeed, she'd been raped not only physically but mentally and emotionally as well, over a very long period. They didn't actually have to show the rape to make it obvious what Kilgrave had done to her(and others).

It is the writing, repetitiveness, 'draginess,' and pacing, I'm most critical about.

It felt far too long for the story they delivered, which was good.

It felt like this could have been a great two-hour movie.

I can get behind Dragonlord's review. The show had some good elements to it, but boy did it drag. Could have been condensed into half as many episodes and been notably better for it.

Fair enough. I prefer to be more specific in my ratings. But that's just a personal preference.

As to the point you made earlier, I agree it would be surprising if anyone didn't realize that Jessica was a rape victim. Indeed, she'd been raped not only physically but mentally and emotionally as well, over a very long period. They didn't actually have to show the rape to make it obvious what Kilgrave had done to her(and others).

Well Jessica says she was raped pretty emphatically.

i thought the support group for Killgrave victims did just that, discuss the mental and emotional "rape", while not actually using the word.

I didn't like that part of the show while watching it, but in hindsight, it makes a lot of sense, PTSD and everything...

Also surprised on the mark Dragon gave, but hey, different strokes for different blokes. I seriously disliked Fury Road and considering it's this forum, not a lot of people "lost their mind". Some did insinuate i didn't "get" the movie, which is what i'm reading into Syd's comments.

While on the topic, i also didn't see it as a rape victim revenge acting on her attacker. The first time she found out he was alive, she wanted to run away. Multiple times when she had him, her first instinct wasn't to kill him. She even went through the terrible flawed process of getting the evidence on his powers, confronting him with his parents, trying to provoke a reaction. Only when Hope (the unsung hero of the show) offed herself, JJ went into Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven mode.

I think you were way too hard on this series, and I thought it was too dark at times.

Killgrave's villainy was excellent, top notch. Ritter plays a good role while being completely unlikable at times (its supposed to work like that, you are supposed to relate to Jessica as a flawed person, not the squeaky clean hero. She was not born a hero, she became one when her parents died and she has tried to recover from their death and her horrible actions under Killgrave's control), and the supporting cast does a a good job with Luke Cage sticking out as a phenomenal part of the show. The actor nails it, and the writing does a great job conveying Cage's attitude.

I would go 7/10, with the biggest misses being the series is too damn dark at times. There is no reason to be so depressing at times, with a little more positive spin, I think it would have been great.

I am very excited for Luke Cage, I always liked him more than DD anyway, so I am hoping its as well-executed as Daredevil was.

In episode 2 when Luke was being attacked in the bar, I really liked how they depicted his power and fighting style against his attackers. He just stood there, takes it, no fucks given, and dishes out a controlled and appropriate response.

In episode 2 when Luke was being attacked in the bar, I really liked how they depicted his power and fighting style against his attackers. He just stood there, takes it, no fucks given, and dishes out a controlled and appropriate response.

This. He's more annoyed than anything else; the way he rolls his eyes when the Rugby player busts a bottle over his head made me lol.:icon_lol:

It's a fairly accurate portrayal of what it would be like if Superhuman Strength was possible. You would have to restrain yourself fighting normal humans, or you'd dismember them. It would be like a very strong adult hitting a Grade School kid with all his power.

In the last episode, I lol'd when Kilgrave shouted in disappointment, "Aww, it's Patsy!" It's the way he said that was clearly a reference to the Trish's TV show intro.

I thought it could have solved all its problems by reducing the show by 1 or 2 episodes.
They dropped the ball with trying to make Hope a compelling reason to not kill Kilgrave.
I thought the sex scenes were a little over the top, but it fit with its pro-woman narrative.
Everything else was great. I agree that somebody else would have been better for the role, this girl looks like she has a touch of the downs, but it fit its pro-downs narrative, so that's okay, too.

I liked it a lot though. 7.5/10
Action scenes were on fleek, character development was pretty solid. Can't wait to see Hellcat in her uni-tard*.

*Fits the aforementioned narrative.

Do you think JJ opened the door for Hellcat, Patsy Walker? She does take one of the pills that her cop boyfriend was taking and is shown to be investigating the program in the end.

I agree, and it perfectly reflect's Luke's attitude. Luke doesnt kill people, and he doesnt start a fight but he damn sure finishes one.

Anyone who kicks Doctor Doom's ass over $200 is a bona fide badass.

Back