News Jessica Andrade says this is how she's gonna beat Valentina Shevchenko

She wasn't winning the rematch, she lost the rematch. She won the last round, and that's it man. Agree to disagree I guess.

And rose wasn't winning the first fight...she got thrown on her head and clearly lost?

They're 1-1

Val negated and basically fought to a draw with the most Dangerous female fighter around who is also a division above her.

Andrade is gonna get schooled and probably stopped.

P4P Val is the best all round female fighter IMO (interms of well rounded skills (standup, grappling, conditioning).

Andrade will slam shev on her ugly head and knock her out, same way she slammed rose on her ugly bald head and knocked her out.

And rose wasn't winning the first fight...she got thrown on her head and clearly lost?

They're 1-1
Not arguing against that they're 1-1. They're pretty evenly matched foes and both fights have been fireworks. Jessica has a style that's just a huge problem for Rose in general, but in the second fight Rose was able to keep her off her, for the most part anyway. Enough to get the decision.

I'd like to see a third fight.

She was winning and then she lot. And then Jessica was winning in the third round of the rematch, but then she lost.

At no point did I not say they're not 1-1, by the way.

She was winning and then she lost by getting thrown on her head. I'm not sure how you have Rose looking better out of these two meetings, but It's all good, we're not going to agree on this.

Rose is one of the scrawniest in her division but also one of the more technical and iq fighter, and she managed to be competitive vs Andrade, until she succumbed to power rush. Valentina on the other hand is ripped and also highly technical, so Valentina should have more chance. Only way I see Andrade win this is by flash punch KO from the clinch, but Valentina will probably demonstrate her wrestling and strenght too, if it comes to clinching. If Valentina decides to sit on her punches and time Andrade as she rushes in, she should be able to catch her clean.

She was winning and then she lost by getting thrown on her head. I'm not sure how you have Rose looking better out of these two meetings, but It's all good, we're not going to agree on this.
I don't think I ever made the claim Rose got the better of it tho. I started this conversation with a different claim than that, which was just an observation.

But.. She LOST. She obviously didn’t “handle” shit. That’s what you SAID. This is Conor fan levels of denial, or mental gymnastics.

I think you are making a mountain out of a semantic molehill here. I think @HHJ 's meaning is plain enough. Shev fought a very even bout with Nunes in the rematch. Therefore, he thinks she will be able to handle Andrade. No reason for you to resort to insults.

I'm just saying how it looks to a lot of people. And I do not believe Jessica's victory was so much more emphatic, considering she was losing the fight, and then she lost their next fight. Rose won the first two rounds and Jessica lost the fight. You can say Jessica would have won if it was a championshp fight, but it wasn't, and it wasn't what was trained for either.

The perception among many fans is that Rose was having her way in the 1st fight until she got slammed and winning the first 2 rounds handily in the rematch until she got clobbered in the 3rd. IMO this is wrong. In the first fight, Rose was winning the first round fairly clearly but getting dinged up significantly in the process. By the time round 2 started she'd already lost much of the bounce in her footwork and could only manage shorter & shorter bursts of up on her toes movement. She was getting attrited badly and the exchanges were going Andrade's way by the time the slam happened. If the fight went longer it's highly unlikely that Rose could work herself back into the fight.

In the rematch, the first 2 rounds were a lot closer than most people think. Rose was not winning them clearly by any means and I scored one of them for Andrade, as did one of the judges. Jessica cleaned up the 3rd which should've won the fight for her but 2 of the judges disagreed. It's hardly a decisive win for Rose, considering that she won by the narrowest of margins and got the shit kicked out of her in the process.

The perception among many fans is that Rose was having her way in the 1st fight until she got slammed and winning the first 2 rounds handily in the rematch until she got clobbered in the 3rd. IMO this is wrong. In the first fight, Rose was winning the first round fairly clearly but getting dinged up significantly in the process. By the time round 2 started she'd already lost much of the bounce in her footwork and could only manage shorter & shorter bursts of up on her toes movement. She was getting attrited badly and the exchanges were going Andrade's way by the time the slam happened. If the fight went longer it's highly unlikely that Rose could work herself back into the fight.

In the rematch, the first 2 rounds were a lot closer than most people think. Rose was not winning them clearly by any means and I scored one of them for Andrade, as did one of the judges. Jessica cleaned up the 3rd which should've won the fight for her but 2 of the judges disagreed. It's hardly a decisive win for Rose, considering that she won by the narrowest of margins and got the shit kicked out of her in the process.
All the media judges scored the fight for Rose 29-28. The vast majority on the PBP thread did as well. That one judge that scored it for Jessica? He was the only one. It's fair to say the vast majority disagree with you on that one. Rose absolutely won the first two clearly, then Jessica won the third clearly. If Jessica had won that fight, I and most others else would've called it a robbery.

upload_2021-2-26_20-35-19.png

I have no excuse for the 30-27 Rose score tho, that shit's just insane. Rose certainly lost the last round, but it was the most clear 29-28 possible in most people's eyes. Close, but a fight with a clear winner.

Valentina the p4p best wmma fighter

I don't care if nunes beat her twice ....nunes wayyy bigger and valentina arguably beat her the second time . I would bet valentina to best her in a rematch but Amanda won't take the fight .

What a joke. Nunes has 8 wins over 6 UFC champions, Valentina has 2 (one being a strawweight, the other who's only beaten cans since losing the title).

Nunes starched Cyborg (another WMMA GOAT), while Chef Chenko starched....Jessica Eye...and pretty much point-fought everyone else.

You can piss and moan about that split decision all you want, but the judges got it right by not rewarding her for her point-fighting ways. Amanda outstruck her in every round except the 5th and scored multiple takedowns. Is she supposed to go down to 125 and beat her again?

This is how I saw it as well, except I only gave Andrade round three in the rematch with one of the other rounds being close. Regardless, though, I don't think one can look at those two fights and say that rose got the better of them. The notion that Rose was clearly the better fighter and just got caught in the first fight should have been put to bed after people saw how competitive the rematch was.

Last edited:
Andrade is short for 125 and has short reach. Punching is going to be very difficult for her. Her best bet in the stand up is to effectively use kicks. I wouldn't be surprised if she used calf kicks since it's all the rage now.
hahaah Val dodge and counter all day

136_Valentina_Shevchenko_x_Jessica_Eye.jpg

Not that ref's most flattering angle, that's for sure.

I disagree. Rose was clearly beating Jessica in the first match untill she was slammed down and it was one of those freak, unfortunate landings. She won the 2nd fight where she managed to not get grappled and showed who was a better striker and MMA fighter..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back