News Jessica Andrade says this is how she's gonna beat Valentina Shevchenko

Nunes tried to ground and pound Shev in their first fight. Shev ate like a round and a half and then came back to take control of the fight. Andrade is big, has powerful takedowns and hits hard but she is no Amanda and bullet will have 5 rounds to work her way back into control.

Tbf Nunes’ cardio was a factor in that 1st Bullet fight.

Before Nunes was destroyer of worlds she was an explosive striker and grappler that often had her gas tank falter in extended fights. Most notably the fight with Zingano. Her game really turned around when she worked on being more measured and working on her cardio as well.

Andrade to her credit has an unnatural gas tank for her style. She can eat shots that aren’t from the Far East for rounds on end, put up 100+ shots, and still come forward deep into fights.

The most dangerous part for her here is closing the distance without eating check hooks and body kicks. Although she will have to mind her sub defense if she gets on top early, she’s been caught and Schev does have attacks off her back.

Val has shown to be active off her back so just cause she take her down, doesn’t necessarily mean you’re safe.

Strategy sounds fantastic but Val is going to show how massive the gap in skill is between her and the rest of that division. The only 3 fights for her that make any sense are Rose, Zhang or Amanda. That’s it. Honestly I think she beats all 3 anyway. She’s the best Female fighter in the game and it’s delusional for anyone to think that Andrade is somehow going to be a threat.

I favor Valentina in the grappling exchanges. I think she will trip the shit out of Andrade.

Valentina is a bad match up for Andrade. Andrade is going to go forward and heavily countered.

If Val can handle Amanda (losses were super close) she gonna Def handle Andrade.

I think Andrade still gets tooled but at least her strength is there. Val has been rag dolling people recently. She just looks too big for girls and that's ignoring the fact that she's the better striker as well.

Reactions: HHJ
Outside fighters have typically been vulnerable to pressure fighters, so Andrade actually has a nice style against Valentina. However if Rose was able to still win from the outside, then Valentina will be able to.

But, she didn’t handle Nunes at all. In fact she lost twice.
The fuck did I just say? Those were close fights. Nunez couldn't run her over at all like she does w others. Andrade couldn't run over Joanna. So Val got this.

It's a good plan all things considered, but y'all know what they say about plans and getting punched in the face. Jessica is pretty good at taking opponents down, keeping them grounded on the other hand is a weakness of hers, even tiny Tecia Torres was able to scramble and pop back up fairly quickly when Andrade took her down and Chookagian was back on her feet in like 10 seconds. I don't see Jessica having much success keeping Valentina down since she's never shown a strong top control game. As for trying to low kick Valentina, good luck with that. Joanna's the best and most prolific low kicker in the game and she got shut down by Shevchenko.

It's gonna be a fun fight, but it's hard to see Jessica pulling off a win.

Nunes tried to ground and pound Shev in their first fight. Shev ate like a round and a half and then came back to take control of the fight. Andrade is big, has powerful takedowns and hits hard but she is no Amanda and bullet will have 5 rounds to work her way back into control.

Tried to? 1.5 rounds?

You mean the fight that Nunes destroyed her in the first two rounds, even when judges giving 10-8s wasn't a thing like it is now? You mean the fight Nunes was up 20-17 after the first two rounds, then lost the third?

Ook.

The fuck did I just say? Those were close fights. Nunez couldn't run her over at all like she does w others. Andrade couldn't run over Joanna. So Val got this.

But.. She LOST. She obviously didn’t “handle” shit. That’s what you SAID. This is Conor fan levels of denial, or mental gymnastics.

And I’m trying to figure out how a 17 year old account turns casual just since I joined up here? I lurked for a couple years before signing up. In that time you impressed me as one of the better posters on the site. Yet, since I’ve joined you’ve called at least 5 different fighters the GOAT. Now you’re going full blown mmath too.

What am I supposed to say? Would you rather walk around with snot hanging out of your nose all day. Or have somebody tell you it’s there?

But.. She LOST. She obviously didn’t “handle” shit. That’s what you SAID. This is Conor fan levels of denial, or mental gymnastics.

And I’m trying to figure out how a 17 year old account turns casual just since I joined up here? I lurked for a couple years before signing up. In that time you impressed me as one of the better posters on the site. Yet, since I’ve joined you’ve called at least 5 different fighters the GOAT. Now you’re going full blown mmath too.

What am I supposed to say? Would you rather walk around with snot hanging out of your nose all day. Or have somebody tell you it’s there?
You got a problem w Goatchenko now?
You put her in a fight w nunes,she can handle it. She got that shit under control.

She's bluffing. Fighters don't just publicly give away their strategy. She's gonna try to land one of those hooks and ko her.

Last edited:
Valentina the p4p best wmma fighter

I don't care if nunes beat her twice ....nunes wayyy bigger and valentina arguably beat her the second time . I would bet valentina to best her in a rematch but Amanda won't take the fight .

As for Andrade ....she's tough and strong ....but her forward aggression will actually make valentina shine in this fight .

Valentina normally happy to just outeork you with more technical striking ....but Andrade will push the pace and run face first into a knockout here .

Valentina via tko within the first 3 rounds ....probably 2nd round.
"I would bet valentina to best her in a rematch but Amanda won't take the fight ."
Why would you say that? Amanda won twice but is now somehow ducking Valentina? Amanda would take the fight no question, Dana has already said he's the one that doesn't want that fight. He wants Weili vs Valentina.

As for the kicks. Well, she’s talking about people kicking Shevchenko. Not Shevchenko kicking them. Shevchenko kicking back is a given isn’t it?

This. Kicks are fine. She doesn't need to kick better, just first. Getting kicked at usually stops you from kicking. See Daniel Cormier throwing a temper tantrum during the Jones rematch. He was getting kicked so much, he decided to just repeatedly throw the absolute shittiest kicks at Jon over and over and it was almost stopping Jon completely. Course, Daniel's a fat body and didn't plan for that attack, so he couldn't keep it up, but point is: remember that you're not comparing your keys to your opponent's keys, you're comparing them to their locks.

Back