News Jessica Andrade says this is how she's gonna beat Valentina Shevchenko

I think Andrade still gets tooled but at least her strength is there. Val has been rag dolling people recently. She just looks too big for girls and that's ignoring the fact that she's the better striker as well.

I’m not sure about Valen being much bigger than her last three or four opponents: Val is clearly smaller that Maia and Chookagian, same height as Eye and a little bit taller than girlrilla (or smt like that, can’t remember her name) but less muscular.
I think this will be the first title defense where she’s clearly taller than her rival; but not much muscular.

She would have had a better chance coming down from 135.

As it stands she has been making 115 for 4.5 years. Schevchenko was top of the food chain at 135 and I don’t recall her ever being thrown around or manhandled there.

It is a fun matchup. 125 lacks depth and Andrade comes to fight and brings potential for a violent finish but my gut tells me she is going to be at a significant skill disadvantage here.

Val is no slouch in the clinch and on the ground. If it goes to the ground I am not sure Andrade gets or maintains top position. Val’s BJJ defense has looked formidable on the few occasions I have seen her on her back.

I disagree. Rose was clearly beating Jessica in the first match untill she was slammed down and it was one of those freak, unfortunate landings. She won the 2nd fight where she managed to not get grappled and showed who was a better striker and MMA fighter..

The first fight ended with andrade removing Rose from consciousness. The second fight ended with Andrade clobbering Rose and winning the most dominant round of that fight. I'm not sure how people are acting like Rose proved she was the better fighter. They're 1-1.

The first fight ended with andrade removing Rose from consciousness. The second fight ended with Andrade clobbering Rose and winning the most dominant round of that fight. I'm not sure how people are acting like Rose proved she was the better fighter. They're 1-1.
They're 1-1 on paper. Watch the fights to get a sense of who the better fighter is. If you're too biased because you like Andrade more, then it's no point i guess.

Man, it's like saying GSP and Serra are 1-1 but for some weird reason people are acting like GSP is a better fighter...

They're 1-1 on paper. Watch the fights to get a sense of who the better fighter is. If you're too biased because you like Andrade more, then it's no point i guess.

Man, it's like saying GSP and Serra are 1-1 but for some weird reason people are acting like GSP is a better fighter...

Except in the rematch gsp dominated and finished serra. Rose never dominated or finished Andrade in either fight.

Andrade finished her. Rose won a competitive decision in which she took the worse beating of the two fighters. If anything, the competitive nature of the rematch showed us that the first fight wasn't a fluke and that these two should probably have a trilogy.

I'm not seeing this "rose was clearly the better fighter" argument.

Last edited:
Please, stop, Andrade was being schooled in that fight

Lol, yes, for five minutes. Then she turned the tides in round two, marched rose down, went to the body, chopped her legs down, and tossed her on her head. Then she went on to have a competitive rematch wth rose in a fight where rose faded yet again under andrade's pressure.

You guys are crazy if you think rose proved herself the better fighter after those two fights. They've both proven to be tough fights for each other.

Still 1-1, regardless of how people misinterpret the context of those two fights.

Last edited:
Except in the rematch gsp dominated and finished serra. Rose never dominated or finished Andrade in either fight.

Andrade finished her. Rose won a competitive decision in which she took the worse beating of the two fighters. If anything, the competitive nature of the rematch showed us that the first fight wasn't a fluke and that these two should probably have a trilogy.

I'm not seeing this "rose was clearly the better fighter" argument.
Jessica has a nightmare style for Rose, that's clear. I think we've definitely seen enough to know who's better though.

Still wanna see a third tho.

Jessica has a nightmare style for Rose, that's clear. I think we've definitely seen enough to know who's better though.

Still wanna see a third tho.

Well you might have, but I haven't. I also suspect you and others that share this opinion might be Rose fans. I don't particularly like either of these girls, but it seems very clear to me that rose will always start to crumble after a round or two with andrade. The only question is whether she can win half the fight before crumbling and then if she can survive to a decision. She couldn't the first time and she barely did the second time

Lol, yes, for five minutes. Then she turned the tides in round two, marched rose down, went to the body, chopped her legs down, and tossed her on her head. Then she went on to have a competitive rematch wth rose in a fight where rose faded yet again under and races pressure.

You guys are crazy if you think rose proved herself the better fighter after those two fights. They've both proven to be tough fights for each other.

Still 1-1, regardless of how people misinterpret the context of those two fights.
Well you might have, but I haven't. I also suspect you and others that share this opinion might be Rose fans.
Nah I think that's the general consensus. I think that Jessica is a nightmare for Rose stylistically, but she still managed to hang on and win their second fight in spite of that.

Well you might have, but I haven't. I also suspect you and others that share this opinion might be Rose fans. I don't particularly like either of these girls, but it seems very clear to me that rose will always start to crumble after a round or two with andrade. The only question is whether she can win half the fight before crumbling and then if she can survive to a decision. She couldn't the first time and she barely did the second time

Rose was visibly slowing down from Jessica's leg kicks. I also have never understood the narrative "Rose was dominating until she got slammed" other than a lot of people who watch fights seem to know very little about them. One fight was decisive (Jessica lived up to her nick name) and the other close. I would also like to see a five round rematch between the two.

Rose was visibly slowing down from Jessica's leg kicks. I also have never understood the narrative "Rose was dominating until she got slammed" other than a lot of people who watch fights seem to know very little about them. One fight was decisive (Jessica lived up to her nick name) and the other close. I would also like to see a five round rematch between the two.
Well if Rose wins and Jessica loses I doubt we see it anytime soon

But, she didn’t handle Nunes at all. In fact she lost twice.

Lost the first in a super close fight that had it been 5 rounds, Amanda wouldn’t have survived.

Lost the second. Close fight but Val won the second to me and that seems to be the wide spread opinion as well.

The cyborg fight that was being entertained for Amanda was too tempting for Dana and crew.... so there’s no way Val was going to win a fight that involved anything other then a knock out .
So yes....it’s safe to say that Val did quite well
Handling Amanda.

Wins and losses sometimes don’t tell the entire story

I will agree with you on the first fight. There was definitely a skill gap between the two that was blatantly obvious.

The second fight was a different story though. Whether Rose was a bit gun shy after being slammed, Andrade improving and fighting smarter or a combination...it was definitely a closer fight. If that fight goes 5 rounds, I’m really not sure Rose survives cause she essentially limped
To the finish line whileAndrade looked like
She could still go.
I’m a Rose fan and she is the “better, more
Skilled fighter” but she was very fortunate that second time around .

I agreed with her up until see started talking about kicks. Jessica andrade should never, ever think about throwing kicks.

Go in, get a TD, keep the fight on the ground and start to accumulate damage on your opponent. Don't gas and rinse and repeat for the next 4 rounds.

Well, you still have time to learn...

Back