Jessamyn VS Raqeul- good, but overrated?

All the female fights have been sloppy but enjoyable so far. There is some girls in WMMA that have great technique in striking and grappling, but there few and far between. Gotta give it some time to grow first, although it will never be compable to top level male mma

I agree. Check out the commercials and hype for a week straight for each of the three. Each womens fight had over the top retarded let down hype.

Shayna-Pena's meh fight. "One of the most shocking fights in TUF history!!!"

Roxie-Jessica debacle "The most emotional fight in TUF history!!!"

And now this one. A solid scrap for sure. Nothing more.

They're trying to get you to watch the show.

It was a good fight. There were a several better ones on the last invicta card though.

Jessamyn's blog is up. Her nose got busted early in the 1st round and she was having trouble breathing. She thought she might have stolen the third after she drew blood with the knee.

I thought it was a great fight. I don't know what fight you guys were watching Pennington had solid boxing and was landing great shots the entire fight, and was close to finishing Duke tonnes of times but Duke would just come back with a combo of knees that had her backing up

Both showed tremendous cardio, heart, athleticism and they threw down there for real

Duke did what hundreds of guys don't do in the UFC when they're down on the scorecards and have 30 seconds left and just unloaded with everything she had, she came up short but she gave it her all and it was a good showing by both of them

Greatest womens fight ever? no. One of the better fights I've seen on TUF? yes. One of the better women's fight's I've seen? yes!

It was a good fight. There were a several better ones on the last invicta card though.
Invicta 6? Um, no there weren't. The only real standout fight was Rose Namajunas vs. Tecia Torres. That was a great fight. Right now I'm thinking Duke vs. Pennington was better, but that is because it is fresh and we got background on the fighters. The TUF format lends itself to great moments when they happen.

The difference is that very few people watch Invicta. An Invicta card might draw 5k to 10k buys. This fight was seen by 700k to 1 million. Millions more will watch on youtube. And it was shown to MMA fans who don't follow WMMA. That is why women succeeding in the UFC is so important. Otherwise WMMA would just be ignored.

I just watched the fight and damn. It was a great fight espescially for the womens, because they always get hate on their striking.

But these two girls could actually strike like most of them. Most girls swing for the fences in the hope that their landing something.

I even thought the first 2 rounds were for Pennington didn't thought it would go a third.

One of the best women fights I've saw congratz to Pennington !

Duke threw a boat load of strikes...wish i saw the stats....very close fight....

GREAT fight, but I wouldn't label it an "Instant Classic" like mmajunkie did.

It was actually a great fight. It was a nice change from the Fight Night card.

I will agree that it wasn't all that close, but I think it was scored properly; it wasn't just a complete blowout by Pennington, although much of that had to do with Duke having hold of Rocky in the first and landing some knees while Rocky couldn't really retaliate. Duke also scored with some clinch work but Rocky landed the bigger shots by far.

oh, definitely. It was a solid scrap and they both have hearts the size of mountains. I was really impressed by both of them, and i often criticize female fighters for being low on instinct and fight IQ, but both of these ladies showed both, and i was thoroughly impressed.

That said, this fight was spoken of as if it was the end all be all of fist fights, when...nah.

Damarques Johnson vs Nick Oszipcak and Amir Sadollah vs Matt Brown are the two best fights i've seen on TUF.
God damn, those were balls to the wall insane.

I don't understand why Duke was saying she had Pennington hurt after the fight, if anything it was the other way around.

It was just a sloppy and "brawly" as Bonnar/Griffin to you idiots downplaying the fight, you look sad and pathetic.

I agree the hype didnt live up to the hype. Wasn't impressed with either of them.

oh, definitely. It was a solid scrap and they both have hearts the size of mountains. I was really impressed by both of them, and i often criticize female fighters for being low on instinct and fight IQ, but both of these ladies showed both, and i was thoroughly impressed.

That said, this fight was spoken of as if it was the end all be all of fist fights, when...nah.

Damarques Johnson vs Nick Oszipcak and Amir Sadollah vs Matt Brown are the two best fights i've seen on TUF.
God damn, those were balls to the wall insane.

Awesome fight...one of my favorites as well.

I thought Jessamyn and Raqeul was a really good fight. It wasn't up and down of the mat but it was a good fight on the feet no doubt about it. The first round was alright but rounds 2 and 3, when they really dialed it up were great. Raqeul was tagging the shit out of her in round 3...there were a few times when I thought a KO/TKO was right around the corner.

Thought it was a good fight. You can't compare it with mens because women can't hit like men and aren't as explosive or powerful. They're just not built that way, so taking that into consideration i agree that it might be WMMA's equivalent of Bonnar/Griffin although the women showed better technique but weren't quite as aggressive.

I thought jessamyn won round 1, racquel 2 and 3. so I totally understand why it went to a 3rd round. it was a good fight, anyone who says otherwise doesnt understand what its like to have a competitive fight

It's impressive the will to fight they both have. They both took some clean shots and stood there like trees. Most guys couldn't stand toe to toe like that. I could watch them fight often and would be more entertained over 80% of all male fighters matches just due to the spirit they showed and desire to win. They are both winners in my book. Most gals either fold after a hit or fall. These ladies wanted it bad. People like that are rare, people that want it and can show it.

Good fight... good, but not great. I personally feel that Tate vs. Zingano was alot better though.

Back