Jennifer Lopez's Oscar snub.

Lupita Nyong’o & Awkwafina got snubbed. J-lo did not.

I strongly suspect the Oscars will switch to 10 noms for directing/acting as well in the coming years to try and avoid such backlash.

It's one big circle jerk and platform for rich people's gripes and commentary on society. All the good movies never mentioned. No different than the music awards.
Your av is a perfect metaphor for it. Bunch of limousine liberals slapping each other on the ass laughing at the rest of us.

i gotta say, that ass deserves an oscar.
i watched that abortion of a movie just for it.
Remember when she used to try and hide her ass, trying not to get it on camera? Sad to see how far shes fallen.

I strongly suspect the Oscars will switch to 10 noms for directing/acting as well in the coming years to try and avoid such backlash.

Probably smart to go to at least six or seven. Might be perceived as overkill but if there are multiple great performances in a year, someone inevitably gets excluded. Like Bale was terrific as Ken Miles but I've heard Banderas and Jonathan Pryce are phenomenal so completely see how they would get a nod.

Good call with directors too. Gerwig did a great job so I can see why people are upset she didn't get nominated. But Scorsese, Tarantino, Bong-joon, and Mendes were obvious locks. Phillips did a great job as well. So if you're limited to 5, how do you really not exclude someone worthy of consideration.

That movie was garbage IMPO, it's an interesting story of some criminal strippers and while there were some good actors (not J-Lo) I think they missed their mark big time on what it could've been.

Mariah is just the slutiest but she had talent, she looks awful these days, face and voice.
man, I remember seeing her back in the day (I used to work at 1270 6th ave, home of Ebony & Jet magazine & I forget which radio station) - she would literally glow in person.

the only person who I've ever seen glow like her in person was Kelly Ripa.

Your av is a perfect metaphor for it. Bunch of limousine liberals slapping each other on the ass laughing at the rest of us.
Look bud, there's something to be said for a guy like Michael Moore, virtue signaling from his multi-million dollar Penthouse in NYC. What that is... is nothing good.

Probably smart to go to at least six or seven. Might be perceived as overkill but if there are multiple great performances in a year, someone inevitably gets excluded. Like Bale was terrific as Ken Miles but I've heard Banderas and Jonathan Pryce are phenomenal so completely see how they would get a nod.

Good call with directors too. Gerwig did a great job so I can see why people are upset she didn't get nominated. But Scorsese, Tarantino, Bong-joon, and Mendes were obvious locks. Phillips did a great job as well. So if you're limited to 5, how do you really not exclude someone worthy of consideration.

It could potentially have the advantage in allowing some more non mainstream stuff to gradually sneak in as well, just 5 slots does tend to mean dominance by a handful of films.

The most obvious shift I would say is just how big Netflix is with The Irishman, Marriage Story and The Two Popes all doing well, partly you could argue there becoming more of a centre of the kind of cinema the Oscars like but also I suspect because they promote heavily and are free to release exactly when they want to for maximum exposure.

I poo poo that idea

Getting a nomination is almost as big a deal as winning the award

You add in more people and it becomes a circus

Since you already have Best Actor and Best Actress separated you do the same thing with directors

Best Male Director
Best Female Director

I suspect slight backlash but I think its a good option.

The only issue is the lack of female directors to fill the category. Hollywood would need to start giving more opportunities to female directors.

I read somewhere that it was JLo’s best performance ever.

thing is, though, it’s still JLo. Hot as hell, great dancer, but always mediocre singing and acting.

J Lo and Shakira will be performing during halftime at the Superbowl!!!

super-bowl-thatgrapejuice-2020-shakira-jennifer-lopez-600x643.png

shakira-jennifer-lopez-jennifer-lopez-26931611-379-600.jpg
Not a fan of eithers singing but I'll be watching just to see those round buttocks jiggle around.

Look bud, there's something to be said for a guy like Michael Moore, virtue signaling from his multi-million dollar Penthouse in NYC. What that is... is nothing good.

You mean he doesn’t just give everything he works for away..?

That monster!!

I hope that guy burns to death in front of a nationally televised audience.

Back