Jennifer Lopez's Oscar snub.

Her movie has had terrible reviews. She doesn't deserve an Oscar nomination.

Ban The Oscars!
The peckerwoods responsible for this should be ashamed of themselves.

FarBackFox-max-1mb.gif

j-lo-1553899059.jpg

X2I-Fq9XeUz1N-pXLprAgeYP1CcQhrYuax2RlrNAr0Y.jpg

Y4ISZI2AEZBOLBNPSCEKXGSE5A.JPG

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/n...0200113-rsmcszdvcjdmto6m3o2nd5bmze-story.html

as a consolation prize I had sex with her....so she has that going for her

Would be happy to disappoint her sexualy.

(need to watch that movie tbh)

For what? What movie was she in? genuinely don't know

I never saw the movie. Does she deserve a nomination, or are people losing their money for no reason?

It is a very good movie, and J-Lo should at least be nominated.

Lol at dudes complaining about "glorification" of women drugging men. I'm not even a woke cucktard sissy snowflake or whatever ur calling it now, but just lol at pretending every woman is treated like Princess Diana in every movie.

J-Lo is one of the most overrated celebrities, only second to Taylor Swift. Jennifer Lopez can dance very well...that's about it. Her acting is meh and her singing is even worse.

I'll tell you who did get snubbed. That Awkwafina chick got snubbed. How are you gonna win the Golden Globe and not even get a nom for the Oscar? Does that crap happen often?

I generally agree about J-Lo but this was one of those spots where the role fit the person perfectly, and it was executed very well. Like a Wahlberg in Boogie Nights type thing.

And fuck Female Ken Jeong Light. That shit is corny as hell.

It is a very good movie, and J-Lo should at least be nominated.

Lol at dudes complaining about "glorification" of women drugging men. I'm not even a woke cucktard sissy snowflake or whatever ur calling it now, but just lol at pretending every woman is treated like Princess Diana in every movie.

I generally agree about J-Lo but this was one of those spots where the role fit the person perfectly, and it was executed very well. Like a Wahlberg in Boogie Nights type thing.

And fuck Female Ken Jeong Light. That shit is corny as hell.
Princess Diana got murdered yo!!

i gotta say, that ass deserves an oscar.
i watched that abortion of a movie just for it.

That is a fucking movie right there

Fucking a

That movie

While Goodfellas is my favorite I would argue that Boogie Nights is the best movie ever "scene for scene".

As in, if u took each individual scene and rated them on a 1-10 scale, I think every single scene is a 9+. Maybe even all 10s. Not many movies like that.

Cool, they made a Cardi B biopic?
Cardi B is in it. lol

Pretty much sounds like it was inspired by her. Or Cardi B is got the idea from the movie when it was filming and was making shit up to make herself sound tougher than she is.

The words Jennifer Lopez and Oscar snub should never ever go in the same sentence..... Ever....

Ever

I mean I have seen J Lo in some of her older movies. Unless she is somehow leaps and bounds better at acting now I don’t see why she would be nominated

JLo aged well! She had work but it was okay

But Mariah....

af-composite-mariah-v3.jpg
Does she even sing anymore? Because I bet she sounds fat when she sings now. You know, like Axl Rose. He has that extra fat in his tone now because he’s so fat.

Its not a great movie, by any means, but she carries it and is the only reason why it was a hit. that's what happens when you get the right star in the right role. similar to Brad Pitt in Once Upon a Time.., only Brad didn't carry that film.

She was terrific and certainly no less worthy than Margot or Florence Puke. But it seems like the academy is very selective in who they want to nominate for "movie star" roles. My only guess is that they have a set number of minority candidates per gender and when push came to shove Cynthia Erivo took her and Awkwafina's slot (an even bigger snub, imo. She had a great year. Great in The Farewell, and terrific in Jumanji 2).

She does, but yeah her voice also took a hit.
That’s what I’m saying. When singers start off skinny, then get fat, they don’t have the lungs for it anymore. Mariah Carey, Axl Rose, listen to Chino Moreno when he goes through a fat phase. He can’t hit any notes.

Does she even sing anymore? Because I bet she sounds fat when she sings now. You know, like Axl Rose. He has that extra fat in his tone now because he’s so fat.

J Lo and Shakira will be performing during halftime at the Superbowl!!!

super-bowl-thatgrapejuice-2020-shakira-jennifer-lopez-600x643.png

shakira-jennifer-lopez-jennifer-lopez-26931611-379-600.jpg

Imagine watching and or following the oscars..
It's one big circle jerk and platform for rich people's gripes and commentary on society. All the good movies never mentioned. No different than the music awards.

Her movie has had terrible reviews. She doesn't deserve an Oscar nomination.

Not seen it but the reviews were pretty good weren't they?

Honestly I wouldn't be supprised if a lack of nomination was down to the subject matter, it does certainly seem like the Oscars have become more political recently and I think there is a tendency for any "representation" nominations to be for "worthy" roles making a very obvious political point there isn't unlikely to be much disagreement on.

The idea that non white male directors should be making films only linked closely to their own backgrounds is really pretty tokenistic IMHO, a way for Hollywood to avoid looking at the real bias in favour of white males getting larger productions.

You actually go into the arthouse scene and there are plenty of female directors especially but there making films like High Life and You Were Never Really There that the Oscars aren't interested in.

Last edited:
Back