Jeff Bezo's Net Worth Grew By 24 Billion In 3 Months How's Your Paycheck Holding Up?

Costco is a warehouse club...jesus you are desperate lol.

LOL. what about Target & Walmart.

You are 100% wrong. Why even continue to argue

Target warehouse workers get paid over 2 dollars more an hour than AMZN. WMT warehouse workers get paid the same.

Your just wrong

Did you even bother to read the long discussion that was taking place...you have no context and are way off on what was being spoken about.

I really do hope someone comes along in a day or two and just uses this post as a way of saying that YOU are arguing for no companies to ever sell anything online.

You had no clue what workers even make. You are so ignorant on this issue that it hurts reading your posts

So you’d be ok if Congress enacts a 50% online ONLY tax and eliminated the brick & mortar tax. It would just be up to all businesses to adapt?

You see nothing unfair there?

LOL. what about Target & Walmart.

You are 100% wrong. Why even continue to argue

Target warehouse workers get paid over 2 dollars more an hour than AMZN. WMT warehouse workers get paid the same.

Your just wrong

Incorrect. What do they pay their employees in the stores...THOSE ARE THE JOBS IN JEOPARDY if they go out of business since Target only has a few warehouse.

You have zero ability to form a coherent argument because you dont even have the context of the argument to form anything from.

You had no clue what workers even make. You are so ignorant on this issue that it hurts reading your posts

I see, trolling or Shertard. Should have guessed that by your first idiotic comment that didnt even know what you were commenting on.

Incorrect. What do they pay their employees in the stores...THOSE ARE THE JOBS IN JEOPARDY if they go out of business since Target only has a few warehouse.

You have zero ability to form a coherent argument because you dont even have the context of the argument to form anything from.

God you are dumb.

An AMZN warehouse worker and a TGT warehouse worker are the SAME JOB

You seem to want to compare the wage of a TGT clothes folder to an AMZN warehouse worker. LOFL!

And that clothes folder still almost makes as much as an AMZN warehouse worker

BTW, COST is one of if not the biggest competitor to AMZN. And when considering health coverage they pay INCREDIBLY more than AMZN.

We get it. You have your mouth around Bezo’s balls because he hates Trump. You don’t give a shit if he treats his employees like shit

He made more money in one day than 99.99% of the population will in their entire lifetime. Yay wealth inequality!

Sounds like he's winning at Monopoly. He wasn't in the top 10 as little as 5 years ago. And that's amazing.

I don't know the equation that answers how much money is too much for a single person to have, but 156 billions of dollars worth of power is an awful lot for one person to have.

Amazon, Warehouses where people "Work" and delivery drivers make a "Living"...this actually sounds exactly like the arguments made against Sears and Roebuck back in the 1880s when they got big because they were the first to use the RAILROAD to deliver goods cheaper and made everything more convenient...

In previous threads about Amazon, and there have been dozens, I try the mention the turn of the century mail in catalog model for retail, and how it co-existed alongside brick and mortar. It did not put out of business the brick and mortar model. Brick and Mortar thrived inspite of. Amazon or online retailing is really just the next evolution of mail in catalog.

In previous threads about Amazon, and there have been dozens, I try the mention the turn of the century mail in catalog model for retail, and how it co-existed alongside brick and mortar. It did not put out of business the brick and mortar model. Brick and Mortar thrived inspite of. Amazon or online retailing is really just the next evolution of mail in catalog.
Brick and Mortar can still beat Amazon on "dry goods". I too compare S&R with Amazon, but add Dry Goods or Mercantile Store in place of target/walmart. What brick and motor should do is cut inventory to things that are too heavy to ship individually, or needs cold storage, etc.

I do wonder how many times Mr Sears or Mr Roebuck were brought up in monopoly situations.

He made more money in one day than 99.99% of the population will in their entire lifetime. Yay wealth inequality!

Sounds like he's winning at Monopoly. He wasn't in the top 10 as little as 5 years ago. And that's amazing.

I don't know the equation that answers how much money is too much for a single person to have, but 156 billions of dollars worth of power is an awful lot for one person to have.
Its a tough question. Crazy stories like Johnny Depp blowing through $600MM and Floyd Mayweather always being one pay cheque from broke despite $700MM in career earnings tells us that if you want to spend it, you will find a way.

If we are talking about liquid cash I think the number that becomes too much is when you generate more simple interest in a year than you can spend in a year based on your spending patterns. So if you have basically bought most of your big ticket items then it is all about just not diminishing the principle.

So let say one day Bezo can liquidate his stock and is actually worth $150B. Even at 2% annual simple interest (investing with no risk) that is $3B a year in simple interest. That is just under $300MM/mth cash before taxes each and every month.

I don't what is too much compared to what someone could actually spend but I would say that is too much.

FairPlay
He's not the most charitable guy but each to their own
Don't blame him either for not joining gates 50% thing either

Just because it isnt fair, doesnt means any change is better.

Progessive income taxes and a federal, nationwide VAT, public healthcare and education and if income inequality remains after all that then start looking into UBI.

What do you think a VAT would do for inequality?

And, yes, inequality would remain after all that because it doesn't touch the major cause of high-end inequality (growing capital share of the economy) or the major cause of poverty (the fact that roughly half the population has no market income).

How is it anybody's business but his own how much wealth he has accumulated, as long as it was done legally?
He's a private citizen.
I'm more concerned about our so-called "public servants", aka, elected officials making millions while in office.

What do you think a VAT would do for inequality?

And, yes, inequality would remain after all that because it doesn't touch the major cause of high-end inequality (growing capital share of the economy) or the major cause of poverty (the fact that roughly half the population has no market income).

Assuming VAT replaces corporate taxes.

Every company pays it fair and square, be it a brick and mortar or Amazon, there is no way to avoid it.

With corporate tax, its all about how good your accountant is, and big companies can afford better accountats.

I am currently unemployed living off assitance and school aid. Thank god for nepotism.

i am student though. getting my education advanced!

Assuming VAT replaces corporate taxes.

Every company pays it fair and square, be it a brick and mortar or Amazon, there is no way to avoid it.

With corporate tax, its all about how good your accountant is, and big companies can afford better accountats.

The point about corporate taxes is mostly false. And the burden of VATs is mostly carried by consumers, and in a regressive way. Now VATs can increase revenue, which can be used for inequality-fighting spending, and they often do. But in isolation, VATs increase inequality rather than reduce it.

Amazon is going full on automated.
Look at Amazon Go.
It's not evolution. You can't compete with them. Wal-Mart can't compete with them.

I don't care how much you hate Trump, but he's right about Amazon and the tax and postal service bullshit.

How is it anybody's business but his own how much wealth he has accumulated, as long as it was done legally?
He's a private citizen.
I'm more concerned about our so-called "public servants", aka, elected officials making millions while in office.

You can be concerned about both, and as a bonus, they're actually very much related.

Back