Jean Claude Van Damme doing martial arts.

Why? What do you mean?
broken glass on the hand wraps is only real fighting. everything else is "just a sport"

BoringMasculineIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

Remember when Cody Garbrandt was about to beat up JCVD because he got clipped with a kick accidentally? Lol

Imagine being this emotionally fragile. Seriously, it must be tough for Cody and I'm not even kidding. JCVD barely grazed him and he apologised immediately, yet Cody couldn't control his rage and had to walk away.

Imagine being this emotionally fragile. Seriously, it must be tough for Cody and I'm not even kidding. JCVD barely grazed him and he apologised immediately, yet Cody couldn't control his rage and had to walk away.
i feel like MMA still gets a lot of man-children...not as many as in the late 00s-early 10's but still a lot of them...some make it big, some dont

They were pretending

Now you should show some source material for such a claim. I have a Karate background and and knew some people across Europe.He was way before
my time but they were at the forefront of full contact in Europe in Belgium. JCVD from all I was told had not only very legit fights but trained full time as a pro and was talented.

Fun aspect he is 100x more legit than Bruce Lee but always gets talked downas just an actor. Same with Dolph Lundgren who is also quite legit from the oldschool guys.

So what is your source for his "pretending"?
You know Karatekas from back then?

Now you should show some source material for such a claim. I have a Karate background and and knew some people across Europe.He was way before
my time but they were at the forefront of full contact in Europe in Belgium. JCVD from all I was told had not only very legit fights but trained full time as a pro and was talented.

Fun aspect he is 100x more legit than Bruce Lee but always gets talked downas just an actor. Same with Dolph Lundgren who is also quite legit from the oldschool guys.

So what is your source for his "pretending"?
You know Karatekas from back then?
Bruce had many black belts as students, and some champions of boxing in Asia or the military
Watch this

He also had the respect of the best Full Contact American fighters of that time

Last edited:
Why someone here should waste their time to watch this?
If compare, official credentials for Norris and Damme are freely awailable in internet without video watching. Including official fights records too.
Our time costs money and effort too. Don't waste it.
Unless you are paying to watch something.

Last edited:
IMO he wouldn't be able to do any of that and perform well in a real fight

Not only that, he isn't doing anything.. Just tapping with his foot.

I can show you a gymnast om youtube trying out TKD who will look Exactly like Van Damme, if not better. They think all there is to kicking is flexibility.l

There was a gymnast who tried out flashy TKD kicks and he was i distinguishable from an average master.

If nothing else, he was very athletic and flexible. Obviously his looks got him movie work, can't hate on that really. Put it this way, he was always way more convincing to me than Segal.

I've been hit with much worse than that and been cool with it, accidents happen.
My favorite pad set is focus mitts and a belly pad. I was working with austin vanderford and just getting warmed up. We did 5 body kicks on the right, and Then switched To the left. First one out of the gate misses my pads and cracks me in the jaw. I’m lucky that big moose pulled the kick because god damn it rung my bell. I was out on my feet for a split second then recovered fine. Dude was mortified and once he knew I was fine we had a laugh about it. I switched to Thai pads for the rest of the session.

That would have to be open weight fight, and Van Damme is too big for him.

Back