Jean Claude Van Damme doing martial arts.

That's called a fight. Petrosyan get's caught with shots he doesn't see coming.
6 months of training boxing/kickboxing etc. isn't going to be enough to let you slap up Van Damme

I obviously still get tagged like everybody else, but not like when I was a beginner in sparring. There's a world of difference.

Van Damme has sparred all his life and competed in both Karate and full contact Karate. Scott Adkins has to have done fairly hard kickboxing-ish sparring to get his black belt in Taekwondo in the organization he was under (same style as mine), unless he's a complete pussy which I don't think he is.

So both Van Damme and Adkins are not comparable to Jet Li who doesn't even know how to do a fake kickboxing fight, which is very peculiar since you guys claim that he has done sparring.

I obviously still get tagged like everybody else, but not like when I was a beginner in sparring. There's a world of difference.

Van Damme has sparred all his life and competed in both Karate and full contact Karate. Scott Adkins has to have done fairly hard kickboxing-ish sparring to get his black in Taekwondo in the organization he was under (same style as mine), unless he's a complete pussy which I don't think he is.

So both Van Damme and Adkins are not comparable to Jet Li who doesn't even know how to do a fake kickboxing fight, which is very peculiar since you guys claim that he has done sparring.

Like I say, I flippantly mention Li, and you 0 in on it as a hard point (I highly doubt he's actually as hopeless as you make it sound) - based on your most recent post, it sounds like you don't even actually disagree with me, you're just trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

No where did anyone claim Jet Li had done sparring, although the likelihood that in 50 years of martial arts training he's never sparred in his life, is a more ridiculous claim.

Like I say, I flippantly mention Li, and you 0 in on it as a hard point (I highly doubt he's actually as hopeless as you make it sound) - based on your most recent post, it sounds like you don't even actually disagree with me, you're just trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

No where did anyone claim Jet Li had done sparring, although the likelihood that in 50 years of martial arts training he's never sparred in his life, is a more ridiculous claim.

I did not know that Adkins belonged to the TAGB. He is probably just trying to stop people from attacking him in bars since he's a celebrity and pretend he's "just an actor". Believe it or not but that shit happens.

I don't think your point is unfair, you'll get no beef from me

but the question isn't really so much of whether a JCVD etc. would be successful in a fight against a pro MMA fighter - I gave the bracket of 6 months, because a lot of people seem to legitimately believe that 6 months of muay thai will help you vs a TKD blackbelt and other ridiculous shit

Let's suppose for argument sake that the innate skill level is the same (this is otherwise meaningless). Then a guy training full contact Kickboxing or Muay Thai 3 years is about the same level as a legit TMA black belt with 6 years of training who tends to train soft and then go home and live life.

Last edited:
I did not know that Adkins belonged to the TAGB. He is probably just trying to stop people from attacking him in bars since he's a celebrity and pretend he's "just an actor". Believe it or not but that shit happens.

Chuck Norris once broke a dudes arm, the person attacked him and the quote was allegedly 'we thought that tv stuff was fake' - this was in the 70s, I think

Let's suppose for argument sake that the innate skill level is the same (this is otherwise meaningless). Then a guy training full contact Kickboxing or Muay Thai 3 years is about the same level as a legit TMA black belt with 6 years of training who tends to train soft and then go home and live life.

3 years =/= 6 months

This wasnt the topic at all. Never go full spacetime.

Chuck Norris once broke a dudes arm, the person attacked him and the quote was allegedly 'we thought that tv stuff was fake' - this was in the 70s, I think

Chuck Norris does not survive a stroke, the stroke survives him.

Did you have 15+ years of martial arts training and physical conditioning the first time you sparred? Be honest
Whoa, settle down...

Don't feed the fucking troll!

Stunned u spent the time responding to SpaceBalls who's just begging for a pat on the head....
iu

Back