Jean-Charles Skarbowsky beats on TUF Contestants

looks bullshit
how did he dominate being drunk?

By being a woldclass striker sparring a bunch of up and coming MMA guys in stand-up sparring.

You really think those young MMA guys with only a few years of experience and who split their time between striking, wrestling and BJJ would have a chance against a worldclass striker with years and years of experience fighting at the highest level of Muay Thai stadiums in Thailand in stand-up sparring?

at the ultimate fighter level these guys arnt that weak at striking

if muay thai has that much dominance in striking compared to mma then shouldn't there be more muay thai fighters in mma dominating?

At the ultimate fighter the fighters also have to focus on grappling and ground game, as well as striking, which means that they are more well rounded but their striking will never be the same a someone who dedicates their life to just striking.

The reason why Jean-Charles could do what he did was most likely because they made it a stand-up sparring with no takedowns.

A big thing for strikers in MMA is the threat of takedown. It makes you a lot more hesitant, you can't throw as much volume, you can't kick as much and so on. That's also why a lot of strikers don't make the transition to MMA, there's also all the wrestling and ground game to focus on and that can take quite a while before being decent enough to compete in MMA even as an amazing striker.

How come this JCS never fight in K-1 during his prime, and K-1 Max prime?

First of all don't call him "this JCS" because he's far from a nobody. He's one of the best farang (foreign fighters) to have fought in stadium Muay Thai.

He did have a couple of K-1 fights but much preferred Muay Thai and its rule. He's the kind of fighter that would take any fight at any weight on any notice, sometimes fighting 2 weight classes above his on a couple of days notice.

I thought all the popular farang fighters went to K-1 for the money and international exposure. Guys like JWP were MT guys too no? Even natives went K-1 like Buakaw.

No, that's just not the case.

Only a very few nak muay went to K-1. Yes there's Buakaw and JWP and a couple of others but that's about it. The majority of nak muay weren't fighting in K-1.

It's important to remember that K-1 picked the fighters, so it wasn't as easy as signing up and fighting in there. That's how they also made sure there weren't too many Thais or nak muay's in the K-1 tournaments to maximize the chances for the Japanese fighters.

First of all don't call him "this JCS" because he's far from a nobody. He's one of the best farang (foreign fighters) to have fought in stadium Muay Thai.

He did have a couple of K-1 fights but much preferred Muay Thai and its rule. He's the kind of fighter that would take any fight at any weight on any notice, sometimes fighting 2 weight classes above his on a couple of days notice.

JCS is like a "unknown" JWP, same level, same era, etc.

Anyone who is into MT and doesnt know JCS doesnt know MT.

Like I said before, its sad that the only way he got known in the west was for his appearance on TUF.

He utilized the teep alot, he had a somewhat "lazy" fighting style and would drop that lead hand alot, specifcally after jabbing, but he was somehow able to get away with it.

I recall watching him fight S1 alot when it was the big show back in the day.

he was one of the first few foreigners to go over there and make a big name for himself. The world has changed since then though, foreigners fighting and training over there is common place now.

Oh yeah, he was trained by andre zeitoun in france, his good friends with dany bill, and him and Dany both fought and trained at jocky gym, gym is closed now. I forget what gym Pipa is coaching at now off the top of my head, I want to say FA group but i could be wrong.

JCS is like a "unknown" JWP, same level, same era, etc.

Anyone who is into MT and doesnt know JCS doesnt know MT.

Like I said before, its sad that the only way he got known in the west was for his appearance on TUF.

He utilized the teep alot, he had a somewhat "lazy" fighting style and would drop that lead hand alot, specifcally after jabbing, but he was somehow able to get away with it.

I recall watching him fight S1 alot when it was the big show back in the day.

he was one of the first few foreigners to go over there and make a big name for himself. The world has changed since then though, foreigners fighting and training over there is common place now.

Oh yeah, he was trained by andre zeitoun in france, his good friends with dany bill, and him and Dany both fought and trained at jocky gym, gym is closed now. I forget what gym Pipa is coaching at now off the top of my head, I want to say FA group but i could be wrong.

Not sure if he's still there but he rejoined his old pupil Lerdsila at PTT. Also, how did you leave off Saenchai, Somrak and Lerdsila off the Jocky Gym alumni list? :eek:

if muay thai has that much dominance in striking compared to mma then shouldn't there be more muay thai fighters in mma dominating?
Sure they're not terrible, But JCS is one of the greatest non thai fighters in history. They even renamed the old Jocky Gym after him. The divide in skill between the TUF guys and JCS is extremely wide. A simple google search will give you an idea how good he was in the day.

Haha I remember this episode of tuf. The guy straight up bullied everyone.

Sure they're not terrible, But JCS is one of the greatest non thai fighters in history. They even renamed the old Jocky Gym after him. The divide in skill between the TUF guys and JCS is extremely wide. A simple google search will give you an idea how good he was in the day.

Well, I think they renamed it after him because he bought it out but I could be wrong. Kinda like someone returning "home" to buy up his old favorite bar that had fallen on hard times in a movie. Actually gonna ask a friend about this that has lots of connects in Muay Thai in Thailand.

i think JCS might be the owner or one of the owners/creators of sks gear

If Chess has such a dominance over checkers, how come we dont see more chess players dominating checkers?

Your comment makes no sense. MT striking is one of the main ingredients of the striking of MMA.

at the TUF level, the striking is still relatively low compared to an elite level striker. I would say the level is low compared to low level pro strikers.

If Chess has such a dominance over checkers, how come we dont see more chess players dominating checkers?

Your comment makes no sense. MT striking is one of the main ingredients of the striking of MMA.

at the TUF level, the striking is still relatively low compared to an elite level striker. I would say the level is low compared to low level pro strikers.

Wouldn't a better analogy be why aren't sprinters (or runners in general) dominating the decathlon?

Back