Jean-Charles Skarbowsky beats on TUF Contestants

At 1:24 he delivers one of the most devastating front kicks I have ever seen. His opponent is HURLED back into the ropes and spun 180 degrees. The rest of the video was just as WOW!

I would love / hate to spar with him. It would be incredible to learn from a guy that good but the pain you imagine you will endure won't be nearly as bad as the pain he actually inflicts. Would still be worth it.

And seeing him just clown "Bruce Leroy" will make this a great episode of TUF. Hopefully at least one idiot is stupid enough to try and go hard and we get to see the learn a real lesson.

I hope this guys manhandles bruce leroy because I can't stand the dude. before he was ok but now I see he just tries way too hard.

I watched some parts of this guy's fights. last round against buakaw and a fight against JWP and he lost to both guys but I got to see some good stuff from him. he seemed to fade but those guys are truly elite. buakaw couldn't finish him in 5 rounds and one scorecard the difference was only one point.

I hope this guys manhandles bruce leroy because I can't stand the dude. before he was ok but now I see he just tries way too hard.

I watched some parts of this guy's fights. last round against buakaw and a fight against JWP and he lost to both guys but I got to see some good stuff from him. he seemed to fade but those guys are truly elite. buakaw couldn't finish him in 5 rounds and one scorecard the difference was only one point.

He was old and way past his prime when he fought buakaw.

Highlight Video

Here's a really good documentary where you can see his preparation for a fight aswell as the fight itself. (Unfortunately it's only in french.)

Peau de boxeur/Boxer on Vimeo

and the prize to the most overused song for highlights goes to...:D

cool in the TUF video to see his thaiboxing "takedowns" thou, not something we see often in MMA

Looks more like a boxer with good kick defense then a pure thaiboxer in that HL.. But i sure look badass

I know a guy who is his protege. If I can base his personnality of the guy, he's fucked in the head.

and the prize to the most overused song for highlights goes to...:D

cool in the TUF video to see his thaiboxing "takedowns" thou, not something we see often in MMA

That song only works for Zambidis. Maybe Crocop

Thais always had trouble with uppercuts

Looks more like a boxer with good kick defense then a pure thaiboxer in that HL.. But i sure look badass

A Thai boxer can't have good hands? He is European after all; boxing training is rather easy to find anywhere on the continent. Why do you think the Dutch have better hands than their Thai counterparts?

Did i say that? It was a comment to that HL video.. And that HL had like 90% boxing.

I'm like the opposite, I need like 9-10 hours of sleep a night... rarely get it though :)

I'm not really satisfied before I get into the 10-12 hour range. That's just not practical though, so instead I sleep 3-7 hours a night and never feel rested. Yay me! :icon_neut

Guy is a certifiable French badass, as crazy as that sounds.

That being said, he has made poor life decisions, namely Inspector Gadget and marrying a horse.

I wonder if Josh Koscheck knows how close he came to dodging the bullet, when he asked Skarbowsky, if he was "finished with rehab."

:icon_chee

Here's a really good documentary where you can see his preparation for a fight aswell as the fight itself. (Unfortunately it's only in french.)

Peau de boxeur/Boxer on Vimeo[/QUOTE]

Wow! I just saw this guy in TUF and he looks so vicious. The documentary was amazing. He is in one of those fighters that hit to hurt you. You can see it in his every hit, even when shadowboxing.

Guy is a certifiable French badass, as crazy as that sounds.

That being said, he has made poor life decisions, namely Inspector Gadget and marrying a horse.

Don't kid yourself, the French have a good proportion of badases per capita. You just have to look at kickboxing to see that.

how used is the front kick in Thailand?

isn't the foot considered taboo?

Man I wish I could counter strike like that guy! and the drinking before practice, if I drink on a saturday I feel it until tuesday!

Back