JDS vs Werdum needs to happen next

lol, is every JDS win going to be discarded?

people seem to forget Werdum came into this fight out of shape, this was JDS first fight in the UFC and Werdum didnt seem to take him seriously, Werdum came in weighing almost 260 pounds and out of shape like hell and paid for it handing him his first TKO of his career, he has always fought in shape in the 230 - 240 pound range

if Werdum comes in a rematch in shape it will mos def be a different outcome from their first fight.

That's gotta happen! Im interested to see how much werdum has improved. he improves his stand up dramatically every fight and that would for sure test it.

Yvel deserves a rematch first. I think with Gilbert's improved grappling he could sub JDS in the 1st.

people seem to forget Werdum came into this fight out of shape, this was JDS first fight in the UFC and Werdum didnt seem to take him seriously, Werdum came in weighing almost 260 pounds and out of shape like hell and paid for it handing him his first TKO of his career, he has always fought in shape in the 230 - 240 pound range

if Werdum comes in a rematch in shape it will mos def be a different outcome from their first fight.

so what if he came in fat and unprepared

styles make fights and werdum has no offensive wrestling.....he will never get JDS to the ground.........he might pull guard but I don't see him holding junior down

JDS will either knock him out or win a decision via strikes

I can watch a rematch between those two. Only thing I cant share your confidence about Werdum. He couldnt take or hold Overeem down, and JDS is a lot fatser on his feet than the Reem. Plus as we saw in the Cain fight he is very hard to hold down. If a wrestler such as Cain could not hold JDS down and had a lot of fail attempts for TDs with his technique and speed what makes u think Wrdum will do better. BJJ guys are actually notorious for not being good at taking ppl down- thats wrestling territory.

The only thing Werdum takes it and keeps it down is if he staggers JDS on his feet. He ain no KO master though and JDS has got the chin too.

All that considered I still believe JDS catches Werdum and KO's or TKO's him 9 times

JDS is not near as strong as Overeem and Overeem is a better wrestler and grappler then JDS no doubt. Werdum could definitely clinch up with him and trip JDS to the ground. JDS is not a good wrestler or grappler so the fight would likely end up in Werdums world on the ground.

JDS got clinched up by Gonzaga,Nelson and Carwin. Werdum could do it easily.

JDS is not near as strong as Overeem and Overeem is a better wrestler and grappler then JDS no doubt. Werdum could definitely clinch up with him and trip JDS to the ground. JDS is not a good wrestler or grappler so the fight would likely end up in Werdums world on the ground.

I don't know if overeem is that much stronger than jds. Jds has incredible natural strenght.

Yvel deserves a rematch first. I think with Gilbert's improved grappling he could sub JDS in the 1st.

Yvel is just a sloppier brawler than JDS brawling. Yvel was never any good and everybody knows that. Trying to act like he is a world class just because JDS fought and beat Yvel is quite comical.

Cool JDS can KO Werdum and we can go to a rubber match once Cain is done with Overeem.

Cool JDS can KO Werdum and we can go to a rubber match once Cain is done with Overeem.

JDS vs Cain 3 will not be a title fight that is for sure. :)
Overeem will be stacking the UFC HW belt on top of his other belts.

Good idea TS, and the winner should fight the Overeem vs Bigfoot winner for the next title shot, that way JDS has to win at least two before getting another title shot, Cain beat JDS but IMO he shouldn't have gotten a rematch so fast, the HW division isn't super thin like it used to be so there is no need to act like it is.

Good idea TS, and the winner should fight the Overeem vs Bigfoot winner for the next title shot, that way JDS has to win at least two before getting another title shot, Cain beat JDS but IMO he shouldn't have gotten a rematch so fast, the HW division isn't super thin like it used to be so there is no need to act like it is.

Sounds good but Overeem is getting the title shot after he beats Bigfoot. Hopefully JDS can win his next fight against (Hunt,Kongo,Werdum,Barnett or Cormier) and then challenge Overeem for the title.

Well we differ in opinions then. Thats ok.

Actually I believe Barnett will have a lot better chance of doing what you're suggesting Werdum can do to JDS. Josh is a lot faster than Werdum and better overall grappler (not strictly BJJ of course) imho.

Yeah so every win for JDS is a fluke now. I guess winning by decision is now better than winning by KO on Sherdog. Except everyone rags on Fitch and GSP who dominate entire fights. This place is fucked up.

You just made a lot of insinuations there, but doesn't that make it easier to make the other person's perspective look bad so you can feel better about yours?

JDS vs Werdum isn't a bad idea, but I still think it's a bad matchup for Werdum since JDS' takedown defense is so good.

jds by ko or it would be same fight as reem vs werdum 2

Hell no!

JDS is the worst possible opponent for Werdum...if he beat Minotauro He should fight for the belt. A match against Cain would be awesome.

Why would they be disregarded? I just think it was a fluke win and Werdum has always shown to be alot better than that. The rematch would be nothing like the first fight at all.

I agree. I'm not claiming Werdum would win the rematch, but I'm sure it would be a lot more competitive.

Back