JDS vs Werdum needs to happen next

A fluke win? You people are moronic. He hit him with a punch that would have knocked him out 10 times over. NONE of his wins are flukes he simply decimated them. Werdum would get knocked out again

Yeah so every win for JDS is a fluke now. I guess winning by decision is now better than winning by KO on Sherdog. Except everyone rags on Fitch and GSP who dominate entire fights. This place is fucked up.

If you can't see the different between what Cain did and some of Fitch's and GSP's fights then I don't know what to tell you. Not all decisions are created equally. Do you see anybody complaining about Fitch or GSP's last fights? No because those were entertaining fights.

And if you think it's more impressive to land essentially a 1 punch KO a minute into the fight than completely dominating a fight for 25 minutes then we just disagree on that issue. A quick KO leaves questions, when you beat the crap out of somebody for 25 minutes you have proven to be the superior fighter.

Werdum employs the Reem strategy and flops everytime JDS comes forward. JDS probably won't jump in his guard and so it'll be 3 rounds of flopping. Werdum loses a boring decision. Dana White threatens to cut him.

JDS was dominated because he was out on his feet and gassed. Cain essentially did what JDS did to him but Junior was able to survive the duration of the fight unlike Cain. That makes people believe that Cain is just much superior to him when in reality in means nothing in a 3rd fight

Why would they be disregarded? I just think it was a fluke win and Werdum has always shown to be alot better than that. The rematch would be nothing like the first fight at all.

Losing to Cain does not mean JDS win over Werdum was a fluke.

JDS has very good takedown defense, when he's not facing an All-American wrestler while gassed after being beaten bloody with a jaw damaged so badly they thought it was broken.

Werdum lacks the striking to put that kind of hurting on Junior to set him up for takedowns and lacks the wrestling chops in general to pull it off.

Styles make fights - JDS is a significantly better striker than Werdum and has good enough takedown defense to keep the fight standing when not under the conditions outlined above.

So while a KO inside of 2 minutes might be "a fluke" the net result wasn't.

And if you think it's more impressive to land essentially a 1 punch KO a minute into the fight than completely dominating a fight for 25 minutes then we just disagree on that issue. A quick KO leaves questions, when you beat the crap out of somebody for 25 minutes you have proven to be the superior fighter.

So I guess every JDS win is a fluke now? Except Carwin and Nelson? :rolleyes:

JDS has very good takedown defense, when he's not facing an All-American wrestler while gassed after being beaten bloody with a jaw damaged so badly they thought it was broken.

Werdum lacks the striking to put that kind of hurting on Junior to set him up for takedowns and lacks the wrestling chops in general to pull it off.

Styles make fights - JDS is a significantly better striker than Werdum and has good enough takedown defense to keep the fight standing when not under the conditions outlined above.

So while a KO inside of 2 minutes might be "a fluke" the net result wasn't.

True, but Werdum was in the worst shape of his fighting career against JDS, I would like to see how he does when he is in shape, I don't think he would win but he wouldn't get KOed quickly like he did last time.

That might be what OP was talking about.

JDS losing to Cain doesn't mean his win over Werdum was a fluke, morons.

lol I love these threads. You guys are going to look very foolish when JDS goes back to knocking people out again.

It would be the worst fight ever with Werdum flopping on his back while Cigano avoiding ground at all costs.

Either fighter could win though.

Lol. Pretty much the dictionary definition of discarded.

I'm afraid it could look a lt like Werdum-Overeem.

Meaning one guy came to fight and landed some hard strikes, and the other flopped around the whole time, landed some pitter-pat punches that did no damage, and basically was there to survive? Yeah, I agree. Werdum's only chance of surviving is to flop around like he did against Overeem.

Werdum is actually a quality fighter and that fight against JDS was very much a fluke win.

Those fanatical Overeem fans...

I do think the fight would be more competitive. Werdum's TDs leave a lot to be desired, though, and I think JDS could keep the fight on the feet. However, Werdum's striking has improved, and if JDS leaves himself open too often he could be on the wrong end of a UD. On the other hand, Werdum will have to respect JDS striking so it could be like Werdum-Overeem 2 (or Belfort-Overeem 2 or Belfort-Jones). If it is, the judges won't look favorably on excessive guard-pulling and JDS should get the decision.

And certainly, another JDS KO win isn't out of the question either.

Nor does losing to Cain mean that JDS would "get destroyed" by Overeem as so many people now suggest. If Overeem fought with Cain's frantic pace, he'd be oxygen-deprived within 2 minutes.

But alas, this is Sherdog, where the most recent UFC event means everything, stylistic differences mean little, and quality analyses mean even less.

Cain should fight the winner of Nog/Werdum and JDS fight the winner of Reem/Bigfoot.

Then Reem can fight Werdum for the HW belt. :icon_chee

I don't think the first Junior/Werdum fight was a fluke, but I think Werdum made it easy for him. The rematch would be more competitive.

Somebody take OP's black belt away and give him a white belt or something.

lol

Back