JDS vs Cain II proves that dominant victories > quick finishes

Marker

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
lost of fans feel like cain has a good chance to win despite being KTFO last year. if cain was dominated for more than a round then people wouldn't feel that way. so this proves that dominant victories > quick finishes.

in other words, gsp's wins > silva's wins

discuss

Its all too subjective to get into an intelligent conversation about this. It is apples and oranges, both are good, depends on your taste which is better.

PS: Why is your Avatar Justin Bieber?

from jds x cain to gsp x silva to apples and oranges... mind blowing

Only thing this proves is Beiber-loving homos like you shouldn't be making threads...

What a stupid thread. Even by sherdog's very low standards.

it proves that dana wants a hispanic champ.

Silva's wins are less impressive than GSP's?

I guess so if you really feel that way, but the only problem is that Silva's been getting quick wins for a long while.

Idk. I do feel a 60 second ko is impressive and in a sense dominant however I think a 3 or 4 round one sided mauling is more dominant.

How does subjectivity=proof?

there is a guy on tv eating his own shit for nutrition and he sounds more reasonable than this thread.

You obviously have never seen Anderson's first round finishes if you think that.

Anderson manages to dominate his opponents and/or finish them quickly.

If JDS goes up 2-0 on Cain then aside from Reem and Cormier he might just run the divi for a long time and it sends Cain for a slide. If Cain wins then we'll get a pretty epic trilogy. I'm good with it..

PS: Why is your Avatar Justin Bieber?

This...

Also:
images

dominant victories and quick finishes are not mutually exclusive.

Look at most of Anderson Silva's UFC career for examples of both. Even so, Rich Franklin got dominated in basically the worst way possible and he still got a rematch.

this is a dumb thread, but legitimate arguments can be made for both cases

GSP's wins are more or less twenty-five minutes of domination, hemakes the guys look useless and imposes his will for 5 rounds, but he never gets the finish, making him look less dangerous

Silva, by contrast, wins relatively close rounds, but is incredibly dangerous at any moment, rather than being very dangerous at all moments. Plus, the longer you last with Silva, or if you exploit his weakness (wrestling), you have a better shot at beating Silva

lost of Cain fans feel like cain has a good chance to win despite being KTFO last year.

Fixed.

I'm not a fan of either fighter, but I see JDS knocking out Cain again.

JDS has a proven history of having excellent TDD and knocking out his opponents.
Can has shown in the Kongo fight that his striking defense and chin is average.

If you put the two together, it's not a surprise that JDS knocked out Cain in the first fight.

if cain was dominated for more than a round then people wouldn't feel that way. so this proves that dominant victories > quick finishes.

By "people" do you mean Cain fans? Because it proves absolutely nothing except one thing: Fans can be very delusional and would find all kinds of excuses when their fighter loses, and Cain fans are no exception.

Please stop reaching... JDS will KO Cain again, and you guys will keep on saying that "KO proves nothing"!

Now I understand why some fighters can be hated simply because of their stupid fans...

lost of fans feel like cain has a good chance to win despite being KTFO last year. if cain was dominated for more than a round then people wouldn't feel that way. so this proves that dominant victories > quick finishes.

discuss

I disagree, just because one person is better at finishing a fight doesn't necessarily mean that they're any better or worse than someone who's great at dominating a fight without the finish. To imply that G.S.P. is better than Anderson because Silva's a finisher and doesn't dominate fights is either lacking in M.M.A. historical knowledge, or is delusional. Silva has dominated in almost all of his wins (minus the Chael Sonnen Fights).

Back