JDS vs Cain II proves that dominant victories > quick finishes

lost of fans feel like cain has a good chance to win despite being KTFO last year. if cain was dominated for more than a round then people wouldn't feel that way. so this proves that dominant victories > quick finishes.

in other words, gsp's wins > silva's wins

discuss

Windswept hair Beiber's opinion<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< overalls Beiber's opinion

One of the allures of HW fights is that they often can end with one solid punch, as was the case of JDS vs. Cain. We saw Cain get mauled several times by Kongo, but keep coming forward to pull off a full of heart victory. JDS's victory was impressive, but after we have seen Cain's chin tested and him press forward, it brings up the question of whether the TKO was a fluke off of a well placed punch, or truly representative of JDS's dominance, and the fight was never given the chance to develop fully.

As towards the GSP vs. AS thing...My money is on Silva, because time in and time out, he finishes when we wants to. GSP hasn't finished a sandwich inside of 25 minutes in the past 3 years. Silva also has finished notoriously tough to stop fighters, most recently Bonnar, who Silva gave his only stoppage via strikes in his career full of slugfests.

If someone thinks that domination of an opponent for a length of time indicates greatness, they must be the conductor of the jon fitch bore-wagon.

lost of fans feel like cain has a good chance to win despite being KTFO last year. if cain was dominated for more than a round then people wouldn't feel that way. so this proves that dominant victories > quick finishes.

discuss

Maybe, maybe not but more importantly WHY IS JUSTING BEIBER YOUR AV??

anyone can get caught with a ko punch but only an inferior opponent gets dominated for a full fight

Wow. Your reasoning lacks any logical steps. I agree thought people often write of quick ko wins as flukes or lucky punches.

I think Cain will lose again.

Cain has a lot of support because so much about JDS is still unknown, not because the last fight finished too quickly. The analogy to Anderson doesn't really follow.

That rationale doesn't make any sense considering that Cain had to earn another shot by beating bigfoot silva. Comparing GSP to Anderson is ridiculous. GSP dominates fights in a safe effective way. People are not afraid of GSP they just get frustrated getting out pointed for five rounds. Anderson puts the fear of god into his opponents and finishes most people brutally.

Fixed.

I'm not a fan of either fighter, but I see JDS knocking out Cain again.

JDS has a proven history of having excellent TDD and knocking out his opponents.
Can has shown in the Kongo fight that his striking defense and chin is average.

If you put the two together, it's not a surprise that JDS knocked out Cain in the first fight.

By "people" do you mean Cain fans? Because it proves absolutely nothing except one thing: Fans can be very delusional and would find all kinds of excuses when their fighter loses, and Cain fans are no exception.

Please stop reaching... JDS will KO Cain again, and you guys will keep on saying that "KO proves nothing"!

Now I understand why some fighters can be hated simply because of their stupid fans...

This is just asinine. Kongo hits hard. Go ask Pat Barry. If anything it's a testament to how good Cain's chin is because Kongo was hitting him square on the chin.

This is just asinine. Kongo hits hard. Go ask Pat Barry. If anything is a testament to how good Cain's chin is because Kongo was hitting him square on the chin.

First of all, Barry's chin is not bad but it's not great either.

Second of all, I think you're mixing up good recovery with good chin.

A good chin is like that of Mark Hunt's. He can take the hardest shots and not get dropped (99% of the time). Another example of a fighter with a good chin is Wesley Correira aka "Cabbage".

Cain has an average chin (getting dropped multiple times), but his recovery is good to excellent.

discuss

Dominant vicotires > quick finishes is not an example of GSP's wins > Silva's wins.

Most of Silva's finishes are dominant victories.

First of all, Barry's chin is not bad but it's not great either.

Second of all, I think you're mixing up good recovery with good chin.

A good chin is like that of Mark Hunt's. He can take the hardest shots and not get dropped (99% of the time). Another example of a fighter with a good chin is Wesley Correira aka "Cabbage".

Cain has an average chin (getting dropped multiple times), but his recovery is good to excellent.

You made very fair points. I understand what you are saying. There is a thin line between good chin and good recovery. How many men could have taken those shots Cain did from Kongo and recovered?

Last edited:
ur just mad i have more vcash then you

328415-the-top-justin-bieber-vs-manny-pacquiao-memes.jpg

There is more incentive to finish opponents.
Just look at the bonuses.

Back