JDS vs Cain II proves that dominant victories > quick finishes

You made very fair points. I understand what you are saying. There is a thin line between good chin and good recovery. How many men could have taken those shots Cain did from Kongo and recovered?

Not too many fighters have the kind of recovery that Cain has. Tim Sylvia, back in the old days, had very good recovery. I remember Arlovski knocked him down with a hard shot right on the chin only to have Sylvia popped right back up a few seconds later and put Arlovski to sleep.

If one dominates another for 3 or 5 rounds only thing I've observed is an inability to finish.

Silva doesn't have that many quick finishes and the ones that he has have all been dominant.

rofl, comparing a 58 second finish (or what was it?) to a 2 minute finish is a huge difference.

58 second finishes leave a lot of question marks. "Wtf? That's a fluke!"

instead of seeing a few exchanges, a feeling out process, dodging some punches, nailing some good ones... oh shit anderson puts his hands down! ITS COMING! WE KNOW ITS COMING! BOOM ITS ALLL OVERRRRR!!!!

This is true.. We all saw Serra TKO GSP in round 1 but who thought he would do the same in the rematch? GSP never got to show off his skill-set.. Cain did not in the first fight with JDS either..

lost of fans feel like cain has a good chance to win despite being KTFO last year. if cain was dominated for more than a round then people wouldn't feel that way. so this proves that dominant victories > quick finishes.

in other words, gsp's wins > silva's wins

discuss

It doesn't prove anything. Do you know what a proof is? I take it you're not a PHD student in mathematics.

Ignoring the fact that you're mischaracterizing Silva's wins as one punch knockouts, think about this analogy. If a random at a golf course hits a hole in one, you'll usually assume it was just a fluke. If that same guy hits a hole in one almost every time he steps up to the tee, you will assume he is the greatest golfer of all time. Silva catches people with perfectly placed shots in almost every one of his fights, often multiple times. No one else does that.

The only thing it proves is that hw is thin and JDS has already beaten nearly every non sf hw in the top 10.

lost of fans feel like cain has a good chance to win despite being KTFO last year. if cain was dominated for more than a round then people wouldn't feel that way. so this proves that dominant victories > quick finishes.

in other words, gsp's wins > silva's wins

discuss

Em... Nope!

That's not how it works. JDS is a knock out artist. If he wins by quick knock out it's a picture perfect victory. GSP etc are dominators. Shutting opponents down for 25 minutes is a perfect victory for them. JDS' long history of quick knock outs means that there is enough evidence to suggest he is better than Cain and his quick knock out is very telling.

And Anderson is better than GSP. Anderson doesn't need 3 men in suits to tell him he won the fight. He does it himself by rendering his opponents unconscious.

lol TS, good thread. :D

you have a point.

Back