JDS to Overeem on twitter: Afraid? Are you kidding me?

be3a6e9a-358e-49fc-a581-0d62010d5555_Overeem_DosSantos_rep.jpg

You guys are misreading what Overreem is saying. He is saying he doesn't believe that JDS is afraid so why hasn't he signed yet.

You guys are misreading what Overreem is saying. He is saying he doesn't believe that JDS is afraid so why hasn't he signed yet.

Can't believe and don't believe are completely different things.

Overeem was born in England, he knows what he's saying.

One fight in 2 years. JDS is cool and all but unless he starts fighting then I don't care about him any more.

I didnt know Overeem was so universally not liked here. somebody else calling a fighter they had a small chance of beating - everyone would be like "he got balls. what a warrior. so confident. a fighter has to believe he can beat anyone".
Reem does it and gets ridiculed. and it is not even such a gimme fight for JDS either. or is it that JDS fans are so insecure about their fighter and had to resort to ridiculing Reem hoping the fight doesnt happen?

I didnt know Overeem was so universally not liked here. somebody else calling a fighter they had a small chance of beating - everyone would be like "he got balls. what a warrior. so confident. a fighter has to believe he can beat anyone".
Reem does it and gets ridiculed. and it is not even such a gimme fight for JDS either. or is it that JDS fans are so insecure about their fighter and had to resort to ridiculing Reem hoping the fight doesnt happen?

Or maybe because this fight has been scheduled a few times now, but Overeem seems to find a way to duck. First it was steroids.

And now Overroid is acting like JDS is scared when he already signed the papers 2x before.

Or maybe because this fight has been scheduled a few times now, but Overeem seems to find a way to duck. First it was steroids.

And now Overroid is acting like JDS is scared when he already signed the papers 2x before.

How is getting popped for steroids ducking? There are tons of MMA fighters that have been popped anyway but Overeem gets so much more shit than everyone else, it's probably body envy or something.

Overeem got called out while injured but he didn't throw a bitch fit like JDS. Either both guys have ducked each other if you want to take the simple minded approach or neither have.

have a feeling Overeem is going to end up looking like this again:

bigfoot-knockout-overeem1.gif

That's the most karma-fueled "poetic justice" finish of ALL TIME. Reem said to BF Silva in the stare down that he is a "dead man walking", then he gets knocked out cold directly in front of the "dead man down" banner.

I don't believe in karma but it makes a convincing case.

I honestly think Werdum has come in to his own with his striking under Rafael Cordeiro. His kicking and combination game is one of the best in the HW division and his clinch game is ever improving too (that is where he beat Valasquez). I don't think Reem doesn't have a chance against Werdum, like you said it's a win-able fight for Reem but the fight doesn't look the same as the first fight.

Also, like you said HW is about match-ups, and JDS is the worst possible matchup for Overeem. JDS has superior hands, power, stamina and chin and Overeem can't afford to be hit by anything. JDS has less tools, but the right tools for the job.

Overeem is better both at kickboxing and clinching than Werdum and he's more likely to hurt Werdum than the other way around. Despite what people think about Overeem his jaw isn't glass in the traditional sense, it takes a big shot to hurt him but then he has to take a bunch more to get finished but he tends to freeze up when he takes really big shots. Outside of a well timed kneed or a head kick I don't think Werdum can hurt Overeem with strikes but Overeem can easily hurt Werdum with strikes. I don't think Werdum can take Overeem down(it's not the same as Cain cause Overeem's clinch is much better and he is willing to kneed the crap out of your body, he punishes you more for failed takedowns than say Cain or especially JDS).

IMO Overeem still beats Werdum, people like to jump the gun on fighters and act like they are done when they have a bad loss but Overeem has 2 wins in a row and is 3-1 in his last 4 with the 3 wins being good wins and the loss being to a top 10 guy. Overeem either destroys or gets destroyed, a lot of people are forgetting the first half.

I think JDS is either a bad match up or an easy one, Overeem is far more well rounded and if he fights to his full skillset he can keep JDS guessing while beating him up and if he takes him down he can finish him with strikes or a submission, hell he could get one standing.

Didn't Overeem do everything he could nut to fight JDS a little while ago?

Then sign the damn contract and get this done JDS.
I hope you're aware the first time this fight was talked about (2014), it didn't happen because of Alistair. Dana's exact words were "Reem is literally hiding

I hope you're aware the first time this fight was talked about (2014), it didn't happen because of Alistair. Dana's exact words were "Reem is literally hiding”.

Instead of fighting JDS, Overeem fought Ben Rothwell... And got knocked out for his troubles.

Overeem had elbow surgery in 2014. This is when Dana White said he was "hiding". When he was injured, it's the same game they always play to try and get a fighter that's injured to take a fight.

Overeem called out JDS months ago while not knowing he was injured but JDS got all upset about it acting as if Overeem should know if he is injured or not while forgetting about the same thing happening to Overeem.

Don't believe shit DW says.

That was a great response. I got a chuckle out of it.

Overeem had elbow surgery in 2014 and I think he had it right before or after going on vacation to go visit his father in Jamaica. This is when Dana White said he was "hiding". When he was injured, it's the same game they always play to try and get a fighter that's injured to take a fight.

Overeem called out JDS months ago while not knowing he was injured but JDS got all upset about it acting as if Overeem should know if he is injured or not while forgetting about the same thing happening to Overeem.

Don't believe shit DW says.
Overeem was in fact on vacation. He was not injured. JDS didn't have an opponent when Overeem signed the deal against Rothwell. Overeem fought Rothwell before JDS fought Stipe, which means Alistair quite literally bypassed the JDS deal to fight Rothwell and JDS was stuck fighting another opponent (an ironically more dangerous opponent).

There aren't many instances of a fighter ducking an opponent, but this is one.

Overeem was in fact on vacation. He was not injured. JDS didn't have an opponent when Overeem signed the deal against Rothwell. Overeem fought Rothwell before JDS fought Stipe, which means Alistair quite literally bypassed the JDS deal to fight Rothwell, and JDS was stuck fighting another opponent (an ironically more dangerous opponent).

Overeem had elbow surgery sometime after his vacation which he took after the Mir fight.

How do you know JDS was an option? Overeem was 1-2 in his last 3 and had been KOed badly twice, the UFC might not have wanted the fight right then and wanted both to have momentum going into it.

Your opinion is based on an assumption and besides didn't JDS say he was injured in the Miocic fight and has had more injury issues since, I think it's more likely they either didn't set that fight up then cause Overeem didn't really have any momentum and/or JDS was injured and wouldn't be able to fight till December.

Back