JDS to Overeem on twitter: Afraid? Are you kidding me?

JDS via Chin & Power...Only a matter of time before he touches that glass chin

Don't mention Rothell and Bigfoot around these Reem fans..They act like it never happened and he somehow ''Improved'' so much over JDS.

I think Overeem has a good chance here, Junior hasn't looked that great in a long while. That said, it wasn't that long ago Alistair got put down by Ben Rothwell.

Considering this left hook rocked Overeem
ThornyHopefulKentrosaurus.gif

If JDS lands this. (and he will at some point)
Junior%2Bdos%2BSantos%2BDrops%2BStipe%2BMiocic%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

Overeem will look like this.
707919_1.jpg

Angry JDS would fuck up The Reem. No doubt in my mind.

Fighter 'A' got knocked out by Fighter 'B', therefore Fighter 'A' will be knocked out by Fighter 'C'.

Sherdog going hard with the MMAth.

JDS is a very good boxer.

As a striker? He's mediocre, at best.

He has zero knees, kicks, and elbows.

All kidding aside, he's in the wrong sport.

Reem has a suspect chin, and JDS has about a punchers chance in the fight.

As a striker he's mediocre? Yeah, I guess if you put him in a K1 ring against a beats, but in an MMA match he's one of the best at HW. He has insane power and his distance and timing (when he has space) is some of the best I've seen ever in the HW division. He knocked out Mark Hunt after dominating him, knocked out Cain, knocked out Yvel, wooped Cro Cop knocked out Werdum, destroyed Carwin.

He's beat some VERY good striker in his career.

(Also took down a D2 wrestler with a double)

These fighters should man up and join Sherdog, not act like teenagers on twitter.

What's changed about the style match up that makes it favorable to Werdum?

Werdum is twice the striker he was then and Reem has gone down hill since then.

It's not hard to see that. Reem is not the fighter he was also Reem was CLEARLY roiding, he was caught out and I'm sure he's stopped now. But back then it was proven.

Werdum is twice the striker he was then and Reem has gone down hill since then.

It's not hard to see that. Reem is not the fighter he was also Reem was CLEARLY roiding, he was caught out and I'm sure he's stopped now. But back then it was proven.

Overeem is still the better striker, he still hits harder, he still has the better clinch game and wrestling. I would favor Overeem over Werdum he's still a bad match up for him as Werdum doesn't have the power in his hands to hurt Overeem and his cardio has looked better. I think he would hurt and slow down Werdum to a TKO win or a decision.

Hw is about match ups and Overeem is a bad one for Werdum, a really well rounded fighter that he likely can't take down or out clinch or out strike(unless he flops when the counters come).

Speaking of match ups Miocic might be a bad one for Werdum with his straight punches and footwork and wrestling.

JDS is a very good boxer.

As a striker? He's mediocre, at best.

He has zero knees, kicks, and elbows.

All kidding aside, he's in the wrong sport.

Reem has a suspect chin, and JDS has about a punchers chance in the fight.

Maybe you are trying to be funny, but how do you justify saying the former defending champion chose the wrong sport? He's still widely regarded as the best HW as long as he isn't fighting Cain

JDS by murder and by having a better chin that Jonathan Goulet.

Overeem is still the better striker, he still hits harder, he still has the better clinch game and wrestling. I would favor Overeem over Werdum he's still a bad match up for him as Werdum doesn't have the power in his hands to hurt Overeem and his cardio has looked better. I think he would hurt and slow down Werdum to a TKO win or a decision.

Hw is about match ups and Overeem is a bad one for Werdum, a really well rounded fighter that he likely can't take down or out clinch or out strike(unless he flops when the counters come).

I honestly think Werdum has come in to his own with his striking under Rafael Cordeiro. His kicking and combination game is one of the best in the HW division and his clinch game is ever improving too (that is where he beat Valasquez). I don't think Reem doesn't have a chance against Werdum, like you said it's a win-able fight for Reem but the fight doesn't look the same as the first fight.

Also, like you said HW is about match-ups, and JDS is the worst possible matchup for Overeem. JDS has superior hands, power, stamina and chin and Overeem can't afford to be hit by anything. JDS has less tools, but the right tools for the job.

Back