JDS to Overeem on twitter: Afraid? Are you kidding me?

Overeem has improved and JDS has declined... Reem takes this one.

Overeem has improved? how? I would say he is more patient, which is good...but that is about it. He remains a subpar tactician, IMHO. For such an 'elite striker' his movement and striking defence are terrible.

JDS surely hasn't emerged from his wars intact, so I would agree he has probably declined, otherwise I would call him a HUGE favourite here.

tough fight to call now, but I still say JDS takes it. Unlike Reem, JDS has a chin...he'll take a bomb or two (or ten) and survive, but the moment JDS lands something meaningful, Reem is likely in big trouble, IMHO.

Lol, Reem is going to go down so hard, so fast.

yeah reem should be calling out a different guy, no idea how he thinks he can win this.

JDS is a terrible matchup, good boxer with hand speed and a granite chin. it's a guarantee that he will find reem's chin.

yeah reem should be calling out a different guy, no idea how he thinks he can win this.

JDS is a terrible matchup, good boxer with hand speed and a granite chin. it's a guarantee that he will find reem's chin.

JDS is a very good boxer.

As a striker? He's mediocre, at best.

He has zero knees, kicks, and elbows.

All kidding aside, he's in the wrong sport.

Reem has a suspect chin, and JDS has about a punchers chance in the fight.

I see Reem trying to wrestle JDS. I just want to see who will have the will power if they last beyond round 1 to continue to fight after using all their cardio.

a few short years ago, i would have considered this fight a gimmie for junior. now, im not so sure.

bad match up for reem but who would want to miss this fight ? it should be AWESOME untill it ends .... i dont c this fight going past 2nd rond

Lol Reem fans are the worst. Let's just pretend Rothwell and Bigfoot didn't happen.

"But Reem 2.0!!!1!" Yeah, a few oblique kicks ought to make a difference!

hasn't Overeem been ducking JDS for years? :icon_lol:

Apparently JDS wants a turn. Or we could just not be morons and realize no one that has fought the people that they have are afraid to fight anyone.

Pretty hilarious for Overeem to say this considering how much he ducked JDS before this. This is the same guy who called out for Brock Lesnar to return, then JDS is mentioned cried he had an injury and wanted to take time off.

He was already taking time off. You can ask for anyone for your next fight(though asking for Brock was weird, I guess he wanted another huge payday), that doesn't mean you are ready to fight in the next 3-4 months though. Was JDS ducking Overeem when he called him out a month or two ago? No, he was injured, same as Overeem.

have a feeling Overeem is going to end up looking like this again:

bigfoot-knockout-overeem1.gif

Wont take that many punches for JDS to put the Reem out.

At this point, and by overeem last performance, JDS will more than likely lose. He just needs to avoid an over hand punch, aka Roy Nelson.

Econoreem doesn`t stand a good chance of beating anyone in the top 5.

He does however, stand a great chance of getting KTFO by anyone in the division.

He could beat the champion, HW is all about match ups, people as well rounded as Werdum and Overeem are super dangerous but Werdum is less flawed cause he's got a good chin and cardio.

I think Overeem would beat Werdum again though, he's a bad match up, better striking, better clinch, strong TDD, stronger.

Or KOing them or submitting them, 39 wins, 16 KO/TKO, 19 Submission, respect the greatest glass cannon ever in MMA.

It's asinine that people pretend JDS is somehow worse now. He had one fight against a top striker, that he clearly won 3-2, but somehow he's on the down slide. People are often hesitant to believe fighters injuries, and rightly so, but JDS had surgery right after that fight. He's been out since. He went into a tough stand up fight injured and still won; that's not too bad.

It's still more than enough to KO Reem. Even if you buy into this, 'JDS is damaged goods argument', then I still think that Junior has enough to win. He's never shown any sign of quitting. Even when he was way down on the cards against Cain he was still swinging, scrambling back to his feet, and fighting.

Reem isn't taking him down, or at least he's not keeping him there. Cain couldn't and he broke a record on TD attempts. He'll have to fight at a distance for kicks and right up in the clinch - anywhere in between and he's asking to be KO'd. I don't think he can manage to do that for an entire fight without getting clipped.

I concurr.

Lol Reem fans are the worst. Let's just pretend Rothwell and Bigfoot didn't happen.

"But Reem 2.0!!!1!" Yeah, a few oblique kicks ought to make a difference!

90% finishing rate, that's what you new fans don't get. Just cause Overeem gets KOed doesn't mean he can't whoop the next guys ass if he fights well.

If I was Overeem, I'd keep my mouth shut and hope JDS takes it easy on me.

Back