Jds tdd

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by fight4ippon, Dec 15, 2012.

1. fight4ippon

fight4ippon Brown Belt

I was watching JDS vs Gonzaga and I realized Gonzaga took him down. JDS got up super quick to not let Gonzaga take advantage of the top position. Before watching this fight I was under the impression that JDS has never been taken down. Is the only way anyone has a snowball's chance in hell of beating this guy Takedowns and dominant top position/ground n pound? Who else has taken JDS down?

2. phily

phily Blue Belt

The most effective strategy to employ vs JDS is kicking. You have to keep your hands up for those crippling counter hooks but if you take out JDS legs you will do two things. First you will slow his boxing down and hopefully throw him off balance. Second you will effectively slow down his ability to scramble. You of course have to be a good wrestler and having nice kicks. I know what your thinking.. Cains got this in the bag right TS? You honestly couldn't be more wrong. Brown Pride isn't going to stop that second consecutive KO that JDS will hand him. He's doomed to wander the contender purgatory of the heavies with the likes of Hunt and Kongo. But you know whose got nasty kicks and good GNP with superior K-1 boxing level defense? So to answer your question TS the Reem has got a snowballs chance. Not one of those pussy ass snowballs that your feminine hands manage to cusp nah, fucking oven mitt ball's.

3. fight4ippon

fight4ippon Brown Belt

Thx for the analysis can't agree with you more it won't be Cain for sure. If anyone can do it might be da Reem besides that JDS will prob stay champ for a long long time.

4. AndyGoaty**

AndyGoaty** Banned Banned

Have you gotten a hand job to see TS hands?

5. fight4ippon

fight4ippon Brown Belt

Has anyone else Taken JDS down though? Anyone know? Mir tried and tried and made a great effort but couldn't do it.

6. MMALeBronJames

MMALeBronJames Purple Belt

Cain got this. For the first time we'll see how JDS handles himself on his back.

7. AndyGoaty**

I believe Shane did for a secound or so dude popped right back up

8. fight4ippon

fight4ippon Brown Belt

HA yah Shane hits really f*kin hard but his face looked all messed up after he fought JDS. He even mentioned how he still had pain or scars or something on one of those primetime or countdown shows.

9. Senkoy

Senkoy Purple Belt

I'm surprised no one is giving Cain a chance, even after the quick KO. It's HW, it happens. I still think Cain is the better fighter. I hope he proves it.

10. fight4ippon

fight4ippon Brown Belt

Well he's got world class instruction on BJJ for Big Nog that couldn't hurt, but yah it might crush his confidence if Cain takes him down. It will be very intredesting to see what Dos Santos would do off his back. Prob scramble back up asap.

11. AndyGoaty**

The fight should of been stopped to be honest after JDS looked at the ref like "wtf"
    No way shape and form is Cain the better fighter.

12. fight4ippon

fight4ippon Brown Belt

13. Lars

Lars Purple Belt

a antony hardonk / pedro rizzo type of guy is the answer , maybe overeem is that guy

14. sleepingaides

sleepingaides Purple Belt

I feel like I remember a couple of people briefly getting him down, only for him to pop right back up. Either way, the guy is ridiculously good at avoiding the ground game all together and it's going to be tough for anyone to beat him. I don't think Cain will get it done.

15. AndyGoaty**

That left hand came out of no where like a scramble

16. JayElectra

JayElectra Paper Belt Banned

Nah, the best strategy is to cripple to your knees and to pray.

17. fight4ippon

fight4ippon Brown Belt

best responcse so far

18. cwiseman77

cwiseman77 Orange Belt

If he gets taken down I think he will pop right back up Bisping style...or maybe rubber guard?

19. PoppaUnbias**

PoppaUnbias** White Belt

Is he?based on what?hmm lets see:He has beaten a lot less top guys than JDS,his perfomarnces arent as impressive as JDS's and to put the cherry on,he got KTFO in less than 2 mins last time.

I find it funny when someone comes with the ''ooo its the heavyweights,shit happens!'' argument to mask Cain's being tooled by JDS.Also,its pathetic when cain comes in the ufc 155 promo and says: ''Ohh i was injured,bla bla,i didnt initiate,didnt impose my gameplan,blabla'' GUESS WHAT CAIN!?Anyone who is not bias(hence my user name) saw you kicking,punching and failing a takedown attempt and proceeding to go to sleep like a drunken baby.

20. TFanatic

TFanatic Silver Belt

JDS, like Machida, employs a style of stance, distance control, and movement to discourage wrestlers from shooting on him comfortably. It's not that fighters like Cain, Rashad, and Bader "forgot how to wrestle", it's that they never felt comfortable doing so.

If people think that Cain is just going to start diving at JDS' legs, they are in for a huge shock. Cain's not dumb, he knows better than to spam takedowns against someone who can take his head off with one punch.