Jds tdd

Well, I remember quite well Carwin took him down too. May be twice or so. Then again JDS got up immediately.

Well he's got world class instruction on BJJ for Big Nog that couldn't hurt, but yah it might crush his confidence if Cain takes him down. It will be very intredesting to see what Dos Santos would do off his back. Prob scramble back up asap.

His main BJJ coach is Ramon Lemos, tho.

1.gif

Here you go, from the Carwin fight.

JDS has good TDD, but Cain's takedowns are elite. It will be exciting to see if he utilizes his wrestling this time around.

If not for the cage, Roy Nelson would have put him flat on his back about 3 times

JDS actually had a quote about he was kind of scared of fighting Brock because he is such a big strong wrestler.

Are you guys way behind or what? JDS has insanely good tdd I been saying it for years

Are you guys way behind or what? JDS has insanely good tdd I been saying it for years

Not that we've really seen. We've never seen him fight a real elite wrestler who tries consistently to take him down. Raphel Feijao has insanely good takedown defense. JDS has insanely good hand speed and power. It's the fear of eating a huge shot that stops people from taking him or trying to take him down.

Dos Santos has some of the best tdd in MMA. Also his scrambles are among the best too.

It's certainly impressive how he hasn't been kept on the mat for very long on the few occasions he's been put there.

You have to consider the technical mistakes that his opponents have made directly after the takedown. They put so much focus and effort into the takedown but don't consider how they will establish top control onto JDS is already there and beginning to scramble.

Also the UFC division as a whole really doesn't have depth wrestling-wise. Brock and Couture are gone. There's Cain at the top and then quite a drop in skill to the next best(Carwin(I realize his amateur background but in MMA it has just been average)) then another drop up for 3rd. Cormier and (hopefully Barnett) will help with that.

I think that Cain can put him on his back repeatedly and keep him there but trust me I'm not trivializing the feat.

That's my thoughts.

Back