JDS performance

It's clear he improved a lot especially with his TDD but it didn't help him because Cain exhausted him within the first round again. I just rewatched the fight and he was gassed pretty quickly so yes of course he seemed slow

Cain is just too much pressure, the only reason JDS looks so bad is because the other guys that get destroyed by Cain don't survive a fraction the time JDS does.

He was obviously sluggish. Not sure why so many people have butt hurt over that concept. Watch any of his other fights and he has the ability and footwork to circle. Even in the second Cain fight he was circling away until he got caught with that huge shot. This fight he looked even worse.

Right from the bell he lands a huge shot, then he backs himself into the cage. 30 seconds of clinch work and he's exhausted with his hands at his waist.

I think he mentally quit.
couldn't say it better

Cain looked great yes.............

JDS just didn't seem himself right form the start

You mean the awesome superfast KO express version of JDS?

That only happens with lesser caliber of opponents.

Cain made JDS look weak.End of story.

Bad game plan Should have at all cost tried to keep the fight in center of cage...Also used elbows hard right away...

Not really. He looked better than last time.

What he did look was lost! Like with no game plan, or not ready for Cain's game...

There is just some athletes that are better than others and thats that, Cain is the better fighter because of all the conditions that happened in his life that brought him to this point. Could Junior become better than Cain? yes maybe, maybe not, fighters have a small window in life to be at their best, I dont know if that time is enough for JDS to surpass Cain as a fighter because its not like Cain stays the same, he grows too.

My point is saying its ONE thing that needs to change or another its nonsense, it is the whole package, Cain is just the better fighter, could Junior improve, fill some holes, learn new skills, get a better camp?... yeah sure he could do all those things, it doesnt necesarily mean that it will make him better than Cain.

At the same time Cain can fuck up too and stay the same or fuck up some of his own skills, everything is relative

"right at the start" JDS rocked Cain in like the first 5 seconds so I really don't know what the fuck you are talking about. People taking away from Cain's performance by making bullshit threads like this are pathetic. JDS lost and isn't nearly on the same level as Cain...get the fuck over it

Lol. Isn't nearly on the same level but has already beat him before... by KO.

His demeanor and approach appeared unchanged from the 2nd fight where he got his ass kicked. It seems like he didn't learn anything from the previous fight.

I'm a huge JDS fan and wanted him to win last night

But did he seem really Sluggish and slow right from the start?
especially when he kept bouncing against the fence.

Does anyone else feel he looked slow/sluggish and "not there" right from the opening bell??

No I don't think he did at all.....he actually looked very good early on....in the clinch was the only place he was losing the fight. When they were striking jds was easily landing the better shots. Round 3 he was doing well and finding his range until Cain landed the overhand right, it was done there.

JDS got backed into the cage often by Mark Hunt. Cain just made him look foolish. JDS has trouble fighting moving backward and lacks the good footwork to keep himself away from the cage. Once he gets there, he can't really in fight, as he loses his only REAL weapon, those big looping punches.

His demeanor and approach appeared unchanged from the 2nd fight where he got his ass kicked. It seems like he didn't learn anything from the previous fight.

No he did, he fought better. He didn't get taken down close as much, he took less damage in the first few rounds. He had some success with the short elbows in the clinch and anytime they did strike in the open he got the better punches in.

It was the same thing that caused him to lose as the first fight, being pressured against the cage and taking a big shot that dropped and hurt him, which was the beginning of the end.....it just happened towards the end of round 3 and not round 1

"right at the start" JDS rocked Cain in like the first 5 seconds so I really don't know what the fuck you are talking about. People taking away from Cain's performance by making bullshit threads like this are pathetic. JDS lost and isn't nearly on the same level as Cain...get the fuck over it

Lol. Isn't nearly on the same level but has already beat him before... by KO.

Didn't look like the same JDS like the Hunt fight. Although Hunt didn't push the pace like Cain did.

JDS started as crisp and fast as ever, Cain just put on the pressure and wore him out again. After round 1 he was basically out of juice. I'm the biggest JDS fan there can be, but you need to just admit it. I am. Cain is the better fighter. By far. First fight was a fluke due to Cain's ring rust. JDS could still get the KO if they fight again, but I think the chance is something like 1 in 15.

Considering how clear of a #2 Cigano is compared to the rest of the division... who the fuck is gonna touch Cain? Crazy.

JDS needs to learn the nuances of counterstriking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back