JDS performance

He looked terrible. Honestly, after the first minute it looked like he was gassed.

From the opening bell, he looked sharp. He connected a few hard shots early on, but he started to fade once Cain got his game plan working. Much like the second fight, he didn't do well enough to cope with what Cain was doing.

I agree with everything you just said as it was pretty spot on. People will always say that JDS looked slow or looked out of it to make excuses. It was overtraining the first and now he looked bad.

Honestly, I think this is worse then when A.Silva lost to Weidman.

Getting beat up that badly will make anybody look sluggish.

I think Cigano looked decent... until he got walloped.
That pretty much took all the wind outta his sails.

Because 'himself' is not usually being bullied against the cage with relentless pressure.

Sure agreed, so it's probably a mental thing that is the issue, needs to see a sports psychologist

He was obviously sluggish. Not sure why so many people have butt hurt over that concept. Watch any of his other fights and he has the ability and footwork to circle. Even in the second Cain fight he was circling away until he got caught with that huge shot. This fight he looked even worse.

Right from the bell he lands a huge shot, then he backs himself into the cage. 30 seconds of clinch work and he's exhausted with his hands at his waist.

I think he mentally quit.

He was being cut and forced back. He also seems to fare terribly when pressured. It's just that no one had managed to do it before. He always gets to set his distance. But Cain is too aggressive, too fast, too well conditioned, and too good a wrestler.

Junior is helpless against the clinch and dirty boxing. He would have shown you lateral movement had he not been charged by a blitzing Cain without pause.

Sure agreed, so it's probably a mental thing that is the issue, needs to see a sports psychologist

No, he's just not good enough at present. He needs to learn how to break the clinch and wrestle. Not just defend takedowns, but reverse the clinch, and get away. The only two fights he's been in that situation he's looked helpless. Of course he broke down mentally after being frustrated endlessly in the clinch; it was clear soon that he was having problems in the fight, and Junior is usually one to set his own pace.

His mind is fine; he needs to improve his skills.

He just can't deal with not being the aggressor it seems. He needs a major change

That's a good point. His comfort zone is hunting guys who are afraid of his punching. Cain just comes right at you.

I think that some psychology did come into play. I think he quickly felt that he was in for another long night. And Cain has this style that doesn't permit his opponent to lose quickly. He extends your beating for a REALLY long time. He could have probably ended Jr in the 3rd if he really pushed it.

One more thing. I thing JDS did have a breakthrough with those elbows near the end. For a little while every elbow he threw landed. That could be a way for guys to make Cain think twice before diving in.

I thought he was pretty meh last night. The guy has no knowledge of what to do in the clinch it seems. Someone needs to work on their pummeling and circling off the cage. As others have mentioned he also does not respond well to getting pressured.

1- Cain is a great fighter

2- JDS camp is a great joke,Dorea is a worst coach and the main spparing of JDS is Ednaldo Oliveira...

GSP was probably not impressed with his perforMANCE.

he looked slightly better than the last fight for the first three rounds.

JDS looked like an in shape heavyweight.

Cain is just on another level. He makes Heavyweights look like their Super Heavyweights.

The only thing wrong with Junior is that his head coach is a guy that the minotauro/ black house guys bring in exclusively for boxing training. He needs someone like Big Nog in his corner again, so that he has a skilled mixed martial artist telling him how to fight like an mma fighter, not a boxer. JDS should really hit up Dede, or train at black house.

UFC should have not made the rematch so soon, I dont think jds was fully recovered from the last beating he took..

Cain looked great yes.............

JDS just didn't seem himself right form the start

"right at the start" JDS rocked Cain in like the first 5 seconds so I really don't know what the fuck you are talking about. People taking away from Cain's performance by making bullshit threads like this are pathetic. JDS lost and isn't nearly on the same level as Cain...get the fuck over it

Back