JDS performance

ALAN PARTRIDGE

NO LONGER REGISTERED
@Steel
Reaction score
I'm a huge JDS fan and wanted him to win last night

But did he seem really Sluggish and slow right from the start?
especially when he kept bouncing against the fence.

Does anyone else feel he looked slow/sluggish and "not there" right from the opening bell??

It's not that JDS looked slow its that Cain is just that god damn fast. Stop down playing the performance by saying that JDS looked slow. These threads are starting to get old and stale incredibly fast.

Stop making excuses. He lost, get over it.

Cain looked great yes.............

JDS just didn't seem himself right form the start

cain is faster than anyone in the divison.

And if you mean slow/sluggish from the opening bell as in rocking cain, limplegging out of a takedown attempt and then stopping ~10 more, yea sure. very sluggish.

Cain looked great yes.............

JDS just didn't seem himself right form the start

Is that so? Did JDS not tag Cain from the very opening seconds of the first round?

Seriously, just stop while you're ahead. JDS looked like JDS and Cain did what Cain does. JDS didn't seem himself because he got punched in the head for 23 minutes and having his cardio sapped by a superior game plan.

Yes he nearly took him out in 1st few seconds, but then he did not seem himself......

What the first responder said. Cain's pace is second to none in the division, not even Cormier can touch what he was doing. Also I gotta respect the champ for giving JDS props for improving as well. It more or less resembled the 2nd fight, but considering how JDS stayed in it, landing his own shots, it just kind of tells you that JDS trained his ass off as well.

JDS, and frankly anyone for that matter, looks like a slow-starter when inside the octagon with Cain. He banks on boxing and keeping his opponents at a distance, hoping that power shot lands. And if it doesn't, the last thing he's ever expected is his opponent constantly pressuring him and closing the distance. Cain/his camp are brilliant.

He just can't deal with not being the aggressor it seems. He needs a major change

He didn't look right. I'm not sure if that decided the fight or not.

It seemed like he was expecting an all-takedown fight and didn't get it.

Not impressed with how he was dropping his hands that's for shure.

I had deja vu and thought was watching anderson silva.

JDS was obviously trying to pace himself.

He was obviously sluggish. Not sure why so many people have butt hurt over that concept. Watch any of his other fights and he has the ability and footwork to circle. Even in the second Cain fight he was circling away until he got caught with that huge shot. This fight he looked even worse.

Right from the bell he lands a huge shot, then he backs himself into the cage. 30 seconds of clinch work and he's exhausted with his hands at his waist.

I think he mentally quit.

He was obviously sluggish. Not sure why so many people have butt hurt over that concept. Watch any of his other fights and he has the ability and footwork to circle. Even in the second Cain fight he was circling away until he got caught with that huge shot. This fight he looked even worse.

Right from the bell he lands a huge shot, then he backs himself into the cage. 30 seconds of clinch work and he's exhausted with his hands at his waist.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! Spot on Brah

I think JDS was trying to pace himself so he didn't have to take a beating later in the fight... which happened anyway.

People like JDS and Shane Carwin just need to go out and plow people and hope they get it done. They aren't going to be able to pace themselves because no matter what they do they'll gas as the fight goes on.

He didn't quit. He stood in that cage and took a beating. JDS looked great but the pressure Cain puts on him is too much to handle. It's easy to say to circle away and use footwork but when Cain is in your face its pretty hard to do such fundamental things especially when watching for the takedown.

Cain is just a nightmare match-up for Cigano.

29 years old he just needs to keep fighting. Browne and Barnett are 2 guys he can fight now and KO IMO.. Junior will be back..

From the opening bell, he looked sharp. He connected a few hard shots early on, but he started to fade once Cain got his game plan working. Much like the second fight, he didn't do well enough to cope with what Cain was doing.

You guys say Cain made him look slow as if you didn't see JDS tagging Cain over and over. Cain just threw way way more punches. Pushing a pace does not mean you are lightning fast. JDS beat him to the punch on many occasions, he was just too gassed from the clinch work and accumulation of blows to put up much offense.

JDS landed plenty of punches on Cain that would have put away a lot of other fighters. I was actually very surprised that Cain's chin held up so well. What happened to the guy that got dropped by every Kongo jab?

Back