JDS performance

bigsirbry

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that JDS had a strange performance tonight and I dont mean that just because he lost. I just felt like he was not throwing his right hand very often and was throwing short elbows with it a lot. He would leave his hands down and just start eating shots at times because he wasnt even blocking which is not the way he usually fights at all. I was wondering if anyone thought he might have broke his hand or something it just looked very odd. Im not saying he was hurt or anything because I have no clue but was just wondering if anyone else shared a similar thought during the fight.

Maybe Velasquez is just that much of a better fighter but the fight definitely looked a lot different then I thought it would regardless of the outcome. Im sure we will see a 3rd fight eventually. Please share you thoughts on this even if they differ from my own.

No excuses, but I was confused by his performance in the 1st round. He looked a little TOO relaxed when Cain was pushing the pace. I don't think he expected Cain to be that aggressive so quick. He was basically on autopilot mode after round 1, so tough.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Lots of left hooks to the body, some left uppercuts when Cain was coming in, but almost nothing from his right hand - could have been hurt or it could have just been that he was so tired he wasn't quick enough to throw the rear hand but either way, he wasn't using it hardly at all

I thought the same thing. He wasn't throwing the right at all.

The whole fight was kinda hard to watch.

Cain is a better fighter flat out. First fight was a fluke. No more to be said.

I think Cain's continued take down attempts got into his head and distracted him from his own offense. Looking forward to the rubber match.

no excuses, it could be bec. of cain. but i really thought JDS wast his even half his usual self. judging from his body language once he entered the octagon. i felt he wasnt as ecstatic as his previous fights

When JDS wins his next he wont get a rematch, because Dana loves Cain

And fuck off, Junior had a bad night, he still gave Cain a wonderful face first dive

He looked like normal for the first half of rd one....then he suddenly gassed, had no movement or pop to his punches...his cardio during the entire 5 reds was ok..but within a round, he gassed halfway through when pushed

No excuses, but I was confused by his performance in the 1st round. He looked a little TOO relaxed when Cain was pushing the pace. I don't think he expected Cain to be that aggressive so quick. He was basically on autopilot mode after round 1, so tough.

Yeah, I was expecting some counter-striking stuff from Junior if Cain was gonna rush in on him at the start. Didn't seem to see that...

He looked like normal for the first half of rd one....then he suddenly gassed, had no movement or pop to his punches...his cardio during the entire 5 reds was ok..but within a round, he gassed halfway through when pushed

Weird that he "gassed" right when that big punch from Cain landed in round 1. He was probably in lala land for the first couple rounds. I agree it was hard to watch, I wanted him to mount more of an offense but it happens, I think his head was foggy for a bit.

Nothings worse than seeing your fav fighter losing.

I think he was keeping his hands down to defend the takedown, that's why he was throwing so many body shots too.

Dos Santos did not look like himself.
But Cain had a good game plan with his head movements at the start of the fight and mixing take downs and strikes. Later in the fight can see that Dos Santos was worried about the take down. There were some good oppuntunties where Dos Santos could of did some good counter strikes for sure but he was gassed.
But I agree with some of posters here, JDS didn't look right...but not taking anything away from Cain because he forced JDS to fight his fight.
Looking forward to the Rubber Match next Holiday season :p

Well Cain's pace, and more importantly the knockdown in the first, seemed to gas out JDS pretty badly. Things didn't really even out for him as far as cardio/gastank until the 4th.

With that being said, I noticed he would just sit there with his right arm hanging there while taking shots....I don't think it was a fear of takedown or gassing issue either because he seemed to do ok with his left hand. He likely broke his right arm/hand or f'ed up his shoulder.

Regardless, JDS went to shit after Cain landed that knockdown, hopefully he respects his striking a bit more if they fight a 3rd time.

He looked fine before the onslaught. Cain landed a some big punches that enabled him to continue with his offense. The damage from the first round is what led to the rest.

Back