JDS performance

I think Cain's continued take down attempts got into his head and distracted him from his own offense. Looking forward to the rubber match.

This. Actually I was impressed JDS where able to stuff a lot of takedowns in the first round but what I did not expect is him slowing down even before the big punch hurt him.

I expect if he is going to gas it will be because Cain is on top landing shots on his face in the 2nd round.

He got beat down, that's the foundation of the whole problem. He was gassed, out worked and lost for ideas.

I do agree he didn't let the right fly, but this may be due to a game planning before; If you want to slow a guy down, take away his cardio. There's a good chance they worked a whole lot of body shots, hoping it would wear Cain down enough for him to not maintain such a relentless pace.

Under the pressure he was during the fight, JDS may have instinctively thrown the shots as he'd been drilling them for the last 8 weeks in camp. Added to this, the pace and style of Cain prevented him from having the opportunity to think clearly and to effectively use the power he has.

JDS just spent 25 minutes in damage limitation mode, he had no other real options

JDS may have over exerted him self during the early scrambles. Cain fought the perfect fight even shooting for sloppy takedowns just to keep JDS on the defensive. JDS is not Anderson Silva who will Matrix Wrestlers.

there was definitly wrong. still to see a real fight between JDS and Velasquez. first finished to fast to say jds dominated Cain, this time also JDS was not there, Cain didn't win, JDS lost, but obviuosly :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: will speak for themselves

I think he was surprised at how Cain didn't even seem to care that any one of JDS's punches could of KO'd him again. This reminded me a little of Couture and Liddell in their first fight, Chuck was used to having the respect of his stand-up to control the pace and range of the fight. Cain did what Randy did and played JDS' game just enough to eventually put JDS on his back. JDS didn't have the cardio to deal with that for 25 minutes. Cain had the better gameplan and physical attributes to pull if off.

with JDS coming out to a Rocky song, I thought he was playing possum for a while and planning an epic comeback in round 4-5 like Rocky....sadly, it never came

he had a bad night, every fighter has bad nights

I was surprised that JDS never tried to hurt Cain when Cain was on his hands and knees after failed TD attempts in the first

When JDS wins his next he wont get a rematch, because Dana loves Cain

And fuck off, Junior had a bad night, he still gave Cain a wonderful face first dive

Its too soon for a 3rd match.

JDS was throwing some heavy body shots in the 3rd or 4th if I remember correctly, dunno why. He should have been head hunting.

with JDS coming out to a Rocky song, I thought he was playing possum for a while and planning an epic comeback in round 4-5 like Rocky....sadly, it never came

Haha, I felt like at moments when they broke from the clinch that JDS could still land something and finish the fight. Ariel tweeted that he felt like JDS could land a comeback punch too.

Haha, I felt like at moments when they broke from the clinch that JDS could still land something and finish the fight. Ariel tweeted that he felt like JDS could land a comeback punch too.

I felt the same. I never counted out a crazy shot from JDS. He actually seemed to pick up a bit more steam during the later rounds. I was solely basing that off of the power he's shown before though.

When a fighter you're not used to seeing be dominated is dominated, of course their performance is gonna seem a little strange.

Honestly, JDS and Cain are on a level. JDS knocks out Overeem. ( For the 10th time, what's a brah gotta do to lose his licence)

After that first cross that landed hard, JDS's condition did seem brutally altered. Was weird to be a witness of these events.

Cain is a better fighter flat out. First fight was a fluke. No more to be said.

interdasting.jpg

He got beat down, that's the foundation of the whole problem. He was gassed, out worked and lost for ideas.

I do agree he didn't let the right fly, but this may be due to a game planning before; If you want to slow a guy down, take away his cardio. There's a good chance they worked a whole lot of body shots, hoping it would wear Cain down enough for him to not maintain such a relentless pace.

Under the pressure he was during the fight, JDS may have instinctively thrown the shots as he'd been drilling them for the last 8 weeks in camp. Added to this, the pace and style of Cain prevented him from having the opportunity to think clearly and to effectively use the power he has.

JDS just spent 25 minutes in damage limitation mode, he had no other real options

Probably the best post I've read post fight around here and the UG.

JDS was outclassed in every area of the fight including the striking. I think a huge part of the reason for that were the constant attempted take downs early on. Velasquez kept at them even though at times he fell woefully short of securing anything as he clutched on to JDS's ankle at one point.

I started thinking that Cain obviously has no confidence on the feet with JDS hence the desperate attempts and then BOOM. He unloads and that right hand was a game changer. From then on in as you say, it really was survival mode as JDS never recovered.

He was looking fine until Cain landed that huge shot. he never recovered from that. I doubt he even remembers much of the fight. After that punch almost everything he threw looked sloppy and uncoordinated.

Well, i have to rewatch the fight but I guess it was that nasty shot, which made JDS paracticly unable to continue fighting. I also guess, it would be exact the same way in their first fight - if Cain survived that "KO" punch, JDS would be demolishing him for 25 minutes.
Fan of both and lookin forward for their rubber match in 2013.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back