JDS is fighting a whole different Cain Velasquez!

JDS isn't going to get overconfident. Unlike Sherdog, JDS gives Cain his due respect. I do hope Cain mauls him though.

I just hope to see a great fight. That's all!

Exposed?

do you people even know what the meaning of that word is..

yes, EXPOSED. Cain will stick to the game plan and take JDS into the later rounds, where he tends to fall off. JDS has even admitted that.

i'm a fan of both fighters. this is no nuthugger thread. just seeing things for what they are.

yes, EXPOSED. Cain will stick to the game plan and take JDS into the later rounds, where he tends to fall off. JDS has even admitted that.

i'm a fan of both fighters. this is no nuthugger thread. just seeing things for what they are.

What is he exposing exactly?

You really don't know the definition of the word do you..

Cain hasn't shown that he has the striking to compete with JDS.

What he has shown though is great Gnp

Im going with Junior because I have never seen any holes in Juniors td defense and ground game that are anywhere near the holes in Cain's striking. Cain has good power and a good chin, but really awful footwork, head movement and defense and is way too aggressive to not get KO'd

wouldnt be surprised if cain gets all tentative and really damages his own stock

Hard to predict. Might be JSD has a thin advantage. I can't wait

If by "fall off" you mean continues to dominate, then yes...

What will they have to say when Cain gets finished again?

Who the hell knows. I'm not underestimating Cain, because I think if anyone is capable of giving JDS a hard time he is, but when you consider the first fight AND the fact JDS hasn't really struggled against anyone since joining the UFC, I don't see how you could logically pick against him.

cain's got to really pick his shots to set up for the clinch and stay out of range. he shouldn't use too many kicks. he should utilise the clinch as a counter instead of punches.he should utilise dirty boxing and go for take downs at that range instead of shooting in for the legs from afar. jds is too good at defending the single/double leg tds. his main strategy should be focused on defending by moving away using different angles with his hands up waiting for the right to time to counter. cain has has the tendency to move towards his opponents while using poorly executed head movements looking for the counter punch. this is why he gets tagged so much. he just doesn't have the speed,technique and reflexes to dodge and counter when moving foward with head movements like anderson silva does. to sum it up cain needs to fight passive looking for the clinch picking his shots and shouldn't initiate too many attacks. he needs to wear jds down and try to make it to the later rounds before going in for the attack.

He is the same fighter with the same skill set.

He'll nervously shoot after slapping off a few leg kicks.

This and nothing else.

Sloppy legkicks with both hands down while junior try's to take his head asap..

That mixed with telegraphed td attempts.

Cain is going to get worked on.

He still got the same chin size. That's a big spot to land a small 4oz.

CainVelasquezUFC121_8753.jpg

This right here. Cain's style of hyper aggressive pressing forward while getting tagged to land your own shots is like a late christmas to JDS. JDS by KO

He's not going to make the same mistake again. I don't agree with the "WOOOO CAIN RULEZ" TS but I'm still a huge fan and believe he can win if he fights the way he should have. I'm really annoyed that Jack Slack is so damn good at his job, because it seemed to me that no one noticed exactly how dangerous the JDS fight was before hand. I was screaming at the TV when Cain had Cigano's leg to stick to his ass like glue and when they reset I mortified.

Really hoping Cain's injury was bad enough to keep him from doing what he should have done the first time. It was a lesson he had to learn in front of 6 million people that his stand up was going to get him in trouble sooner or later but he knows now.

Back