JDS has the best boxing in history of HW?

He beat a Old Man Cro Cop.

Other than that he's just beaten a shit-heap of grapplers. Oh, and he beat Yvel. lol

And whose fault is that? Hes been facing the best HWs and not choosing his opponents.
JDS being a boxing centered fighter and get the HW belt (which hasn't been done since 2007) that means alot. Alot of other MMA boxers can even get close to the line of fighters JDS has beat.

Cro cop was a boxer frist, not a k-1 fighter. He has decent record in boxing, amateur boxing. He was know in k-1 for his explosive, aggressive and powerfull boxing, not for his kicks. JDS has 0 fight in kickboxing and boxing. This is a fact. JDS is a BJJ fighter what switched to MMA.

Cro cop was not in his prime. I'm sure that prime crocop is a nightmare for jds. Be honest, man.

even as a Croatian who started watching MMA due to cro cop i think you couldn't be more wrong, Cro Cops boxing in MMA was never something special, it was fairly basic, on top of that he's been tagged many many times by punches that really shouldn't connect on a good boxer, JDS on the other hand has taken every single fighter to school with his boxing, he has the largest amount of weapons when it comes to MMA boxing as well, hooks, awesome upper cuts, a great jab, and on top of that he fools a bunch of fighters by going low for the straight right to the body and then he either forces them to move forward into his jab or he connects with a huge hook, cro cop never really had that in his arsenal, he was really solid for MMA, but it was mainly his Kicks that sent fear into everyone

Find proof of this boxing record, because it's seriously not anywhere reputable.

I've heard this over and over, but the facts that I've found are that he has never had a sanctioned boxing match in his entire life.

what does him or cro cop beating a bunch of random low level boxers even mean?, this isn't pure boxing, stances are different, gloves are different basically everything is different, what JDS has been able to do is use pretty much pure boxing to become an elite level fighter, if Cro cops boxing is better and on top of that he had some of the best kicks in MMA ever, how the hell did he lose a single fight?

JDS has good boxing for MMA, but I think people are going overboard saying he's clearly the best. Saying that he's never been KO'd and using that as proof of his stunning defense is dumb. All that it means is he has a good chin. I can recall him getting hit numerous times with Roy Nelson's atrocious, telegraphed, not even romotely set-up overhands. If he's Willie Pep, why is that happening? If you look at Fedor, he's showed glimpses of amazing defense. Look at his fight with Arlovski, many people who don't know what they're watching think Fedor's getting hit, but he's slipping a vast majority of those punches. Does he have slightly looping shot? Yes, but that doesn't make him a bad boxer, just unorthodox. There are boxers who don't throw picture perfect punches but some it adds to their effectiveness. Sadly, in his last fights he's set nothing up and just swung for the fences.

I dont like JDS's defense. I would take Kharitonov over JDS in a stand up fight today.

even as a Croatian who started watching MMA due to cro cop i think you couldn't be more wrong, Cro Cops boxing in MMA was never something special, it was fairly basic, on top of that he's been tagged many many times by punches that really shouldn't connect on a good boxer, JDS on the other hand has taken every single fighter to school with his boxing, he has the largest amount of weapons when it comes to MMA boxing as well, hooks, awesome upper cuts, a great jab, and on top of that he fools a bunch of fighters by going low for the straight right to the body and then he either forces them to move forward into his jab or he connects with a huge hook, cro cop never really had that in his arsenal, he was really solid for MMA, but it was mainly his Kicks that sent fear into everyone

Are you kidding me,

Cro Cop's had a left straight and uppercut that were magnificent and his combinations were brilliant especially some of the ones he landed on K-1 Hunt and the way he beat down Remy.

Are you kidding me,

Cro Cop's had a left straight and uppercut that were magnificent and his combinations were brilliant especially some of the ones he landed on K-1 Hunt and the way he beat down Remy.

I also agree with this, Cro Cop's uppercuts were pretty nice.

Crocop has been tagged alot late in his career but you look at his peak years and very few fighters landed on him much, Aleks, Igor, Magomedov, Herring, Wanderlei etc barely touched him dispite being good strikers by MMA standards, Randleman landed one very well timed counter but Fedor and Hunt were really the only guys to land on him consistantly.

Crocop limated himself in terms of offence(although he did throw more than the left straight when needed0 but in terms of defence and footwork he showed some very refined ability.

Its not a popular view but my opinion is that the level of striking at HW has actually regressed compaired to 5+ years ago when I think you could argue that it had the highest standard of striking in MMA. You have a few elite guys(although Sergei not fighting match) but the depth of talent is just not there anymore meaning fewer striker vs striker matches.

Last edited:
Crocop has been tagged alot late in his career but you look at his peak years and very few fighters landed on him much, Aleks, Igor, Magomedov, Herring, Wanderlei etc barely touched him dispite being good strikers by MMA standards, Randleman landed one very well timed counter but Fedor and Hunt were really the only guys to land on him consistantly.

Crocop limated himself in terms of offence(although he did throw more than the left straight when needed0 but in terms of defence and footwork he showed some very refined ability.

Its not a popular view but my opinion is that the level of striking at HW has actually regressed compaired to 5+ years ago when I think you could argue that it had the highest standard of striking in MMA. You have a few elite guys(although Sergei not fighting match) but the depth of talent is just not there anymore meaning fewer striker vs striker matches.

This is a very good opinion, i think you nailed it right on the head.

Its not a popular view but my opinion is that the level of striking at HW has actually regressed compaired to 5+ years ago when I think you could argue that it had the highest standard of striking in MMA.

It is not that surprising. MMA today is a lot more wrestling oriented especially since the fights are not in a ring anymore. Which brings up a point that striking inside the octagon is very different since it is very big and it is almost impossible to cut corners.

I'd go with Arlovski in his prime. Knocking out Roy Nelson is no easy feat...

Getting rocked by a short lead hook by Roy Nelson in the same fight isn't easy either...

Also, its probably easier to TKO Roy Nelson when he gasses in a round and a half and drops his hands as a result

JDS has very strong boxing. Wouldn't say he's the best striker, but then again this is mixed martial arts folks .....you could say Kimbo has fantastic boxing ....but when you are having to worry about kicks to your knees and takedowns....it's completely different. JDS is no joke, but thankfully the HW division is getting exciting because there are quite a few legitimate contenders for that belt unlike most other weight classes.

It is not that surprising. MMA today is a lot more wrestling oriented especially since the fights are not in a ring anymore. Which brings up a point that striking inside the octagon is very different since it is very big and it is almost impossible to cut corners.

I'd say that the areas talent is being drawn from also plays a big factor, were not getting the same influx of K-1 and Russian talent into the UFC that we did Pride.

It's got to be Toney. As easy as it is to write him off as a competitive MMA fighter, we have to recognize him as the best pure boxer to ever compete in the UFC. He's one of the top technical boxers of all time period.

It's got to be Toney. As easy as it is to write him off as a competitive MMA fighter, we have to recognize him as the best pure boxer to ever compete in the UFC. He's one of the top technical boxers of all time period.

I agree but we're talking more about effectiveness in MMA. Toney just had one fight against Couture and lost.Dos Santos is the UFC heavyweight champion and has won 9 fights in a row in the UFC.

Back