Jds Can't Handle Being Bullied...

100% agree, it sucked watching jds get beaten up for 5 rounds but i can see people using the pressure tactic against him in the future. maybe not to the success of cain but they will still try because he clearly looked shocked and uncomfortable when cain was pressing forwards.

he seriously needs to keep his hands up as well. after the punch in the first round his corner should have been telling him to defend himself a little more instead of relying purely on movement.

maybe he is like shogun if someone pressures him he gases

We'll see how he handles this loss. I am sure he will come back better a bit like how Cain did.

I think next time JDS should just go out guns blazing and push the pace. He looked tentative in the first few minutes then started to wilt as the fight went on. JDS should take into consideration that Cain couldn't KO him standing, but shouldn't go all Wanderlei on Cain and gas himself out.

I think next time JDS should just go out guns blazing and push the pace. He looked tentative in the first few minutes then started to wilt as the fight went on. JDS should take into consideration that Cain couldn't KO him standing, but shouldn't go all Wanderlei on Cain and gas himself out.

He wasn't tentative about Cain's strikes, he was scared of the takedown. If he came out "guns blazing" he'd be put on his back instantly.

I don't really see how JDS beats Cain outside of catching him with a haymaker. In order to beat Cain he'd have to be able to fight back in the clinch, or out wrestle him--that's not going to happen.

Overeem, Werdum and Cormier are all bigger threats to Cain than JDS, since they're all far more dangerous in the clinch and on the ground.

I was surprised how fast he got tired. He need to drop some muscle if they fight again.

Dude name me any heavyweight that wouldnt have folded under the human tsunami that was Cain. Both guys get a hats off. JDS for surviving and Cain for his insane pace.

100% agree, it sucked watching jds get beaten up for 5 rounds but i can see people using the pressure tactic against him in the future. maybe not to the success of cain but they will still try because he clearly looked shocked and uncomfortable when cain was pressing forwards.

he seriously needs to keep his hands up as well. after the punch in the first round his corner should have been telling him to defend himself a little more instead of relying purely on movement.

Well, they did tell him to keep his hands up between round 1 and 2. It is not like his corner are amateurs.

I don't think there's ANY fighter in the world that does a great job when someone just relentlessly marches toward them and won't give them time to breath.

Most fighters set up at kicking or boxing range and then do their little dances, throwing a couple at each other before resetting... that's 99% of fights

but when you get that rare chael sonnen or cain valesquez who just constantly comes forward like a horde of zombies all over you; almost no one can handle that.

That's why anderson silva was 1 minute away from losing his belt to Sonnen, because even he can't handle it when it's done well (he managed to make sonnen miss and trip in the 2nd fight otherwise it could've been the same thing)

In fact, I think it's one of the most dangerous styles in all of mma history, the only thing is it requires a critical amount of cardio to be able to pull off otherwise you'll gas fast. When Brock Lesnar tried this style against cain and was gassed in less than 2 minutes

edit: GSP is one of the only people that I wouldn't worried about being pressured because if you move in on him, he can just take you down

Well, that was the first time we saw him under kind of pressure and he folded, he'll be back though, he still beats the majority of the division but now I'm not so sure that he'd beat Overeem which was my original opinion.

The first minute of the fight looked like classic JDS; nimble and agile. The only thing different from usual fights is that he was moving back constantly, and quickly.

Then cain started tagging him over and over with jabs. The constant retreat combined with the constant tagging is something JDS has rarely experienced, and it took its toll on his cardio massively.

Outworked.Outgunned.Outclassed

This exactly this.....Anyone who thought that the first fight was NOT a fluke is crazy...Junior got lucky...we will see what happens in future fights....But I have a feeling that Mr. Dos Santos will never be the same fighter again...U can't take a 5 round ass whipping like that, be dominated like that & not be affected negatively....Cain got his quick & sweet the first fight....didn't have time to be dominated in fact until he was punched most had him as the aggressor....I hope they have #3 & I am betting that it will be much like #2.....:D

Mentally weak? No. The guy received a severe beating, was totally drained, and never quit.

I think his problem is cardio, not an inability to take punishment.

Back