Jds Can't Handle Being Bullied...

Yung Dilla

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
When jds is the aggressor he's fine but he looked uncomfortable from the moment the fight started last night because cain was coming forwarded, for the first time jr was the one backing up and couldn't really throw anything because of it. I also think that had to do with him gassing so fast along with cains relentless in takedowns and strikes which was the majority reason obviously... If jds can't walk his opponent down he breaks mentally... Do you guys agree or disagree??

Still abig fan but totally agree, he looked surprised to be on the receiving end

A lot of strikers like CroCop and Arlovski have the same problem. Their defense is just not nearly as good as their striking offense.

I was surprised how fast he got tired. He need to drop some muscle if they fight again.

When jds is the aggressor he's fine but he looked uncomfortable from the moment the fight started last night because cain was coming forwarded, for the first time jr was the one backing up and couldn't really throw anything because of it. I also think that had to do with him gassing so fast along with cains relentless in takedowns and strikes which was the majority reason obviously... If jds can't walk his opponent down he breaks mentally... Do you guys agree or disagree??

Bolded: i think that's why he got tired.

Bolded underlined: this is the first time we see jds being broken down like that (and even then he never gave up), so i'll have to see him do it more often before i can agree with this. So, on that part i disagree.

More like all around not there.
I call it David Loiseau syndrome kind of like Andrei Arlovski.

Not tossing when you should.
Working so had to create an oppenning and not capitalising on it.
Things like that.

I will only fully agree if something like that happens again.

It's the first time he was put in a position like that, it's a learning experience for him, if noting changes after that, then you're absolutely correct.

I'm excited to see how he grows as a fighter after this. It is my hope that he grows and learns from this fight, and is able to make a 3rd fight even

Cain stayed in his face and pushed him against the fence at will. It was a brilliant strategy that closed the distance and kept Cain out of danger most of the time.

Why do you think JDS resorted to throwing those side-glancing elbows so many times? They caught Cain, but did not affect him. JDS got desperate because his distance game was dismantled by a more aggressive opponent.

100% agree, it sucked watching jds get beaten up for 5 rounds but i can see people using the pressure tactic against him in the future. maybe not to the success of cain but they will still try because he clearly looked shocked and uncomfortable when cain was pressing forwards.

he seriously needs to keep his hands up as well. after the punch in the first round his corner should have been telling him to defend himself a little more instead of relying purely on movement.

I was surprised how fast he got tired. He need to drop some muscle if they fight again.

Agreed. Though he did look shredded in the weigh-ins and training, that extra muscle didn't help with cardio and endurance. It reminded me of Vitor Belfort vs. Joe Charles at the first UFC Japan event. Didn't Vitor weigh-in at about 240lbs. then?

100% agree, it sucked watching jds get beaten up for 5 rounds but i can see people using the pressure tactic against him in the future. maybe not to the success of cain but they will still try because he clearly looked shocked and uncomfortable when cain was pressing forwards.

he seriously needs to keep his hands up as well. after the punch in the first round his corner should have been telling him to defend himself a little more instead of relying purely on movement.

I don't know that any other HW can keep up with that pace, let alone speed. Cain is the quickest HW that Dos Santos has ever faced, if not the quickest in the division. JDS was used to being the fastest. I saw glimpses of Cain's superior speed in their first fight. This was the war Cain needed to wage in order to win the fight, and though it's disappointing to see one of my favorite fighters lose, I'm not worried about him looking that roughed up against any other opponent. Except Cormier.

I agree.....thats the way I seen.....Cain bullied him & aggressively worked him into exhaustion....I think Cain will do the same in the rematch....(if......)

Disagree. He got hit with a big punch and it completely changed the fight for him. He didn't know how to recover from it but the man does have a shitload of heart. He was nearly finished in the 1st and then nearly armbarred and still managed to press on.

It appears that JDS can't take what he gives.

What Cain did to him in this rematch is similar to what JDS did to Carwin.
I give him points for surviving the 5 round beating.

I don't think he broke mentally. I think he just doesn't have the experience/strategy to deal with someone who will push the pace like that. He has to keep his hands up or at the very least capitilize on failed takedowns. If he broke mentally he would have just gotten takedown at will or TKOd. He was stil fighting but as a zombie

Also, inb4SUPERCHARGED

Cain stayed in his face and pushed him against the fence at will. It was a brilliant strategy that closed the distance and kept Cain out of danger most of the time.

Why do you think JDS resorted to throwing those side-glancing elbows so many times? They caught Cain, but did not affect him. JDS got desperate because his distance game was dismantled by a more aggressive opponent.

Agree, agree & agree.....if JDS does not work on his stamina & endurance this will happen again & again.....

Yea he needs to adjust, i thought he looked a little hesitant in the fight. But the main thing he needs to work on is cardio imo. He looked great stuffing the TDs, he should have thrown more and kept his hands up but if he didn't get tired he could have won the fight at any point. He was swinging even until the end but just didn't have anything left.

I dont agree TS, if JDS had broken mentally he would have quit, much like Belfort does, instead he stayed and took a beating. JDS is a champ, he was easily outclassing Cain until he got caught, ive always said he lacks head movement and sherdog laughed at me. He was bound to get caught.

Back