Jds Can't Handle Being Bullied...

Agreed with TS, I slapped some money on JDS for that fight but after the first 10 seconds seeing Cain putting the pressure on JDS I knew something was wrong, you could just see with JDS's face that he was uncomfortable with being on the back foot, guy is a true warrior though.

When jds is the aggressor he's fine but he looked uncomfortable from the moment the fight started last night because cain was coming forwarded, for the first time jr was the one backing up and couldn't really throw anything because of it. I also think that had to do with him gassing so fast along with cains relentless in takedowns and strikes which was the majority reason obviously... If jds can't walk his opponent down he breaks mentally... Do you guys agree or disagree??

It honestly looked to me like JDS threw that fight on purpose. It really did. This is not fighter bashing, it's the truth. He did fuck all the entire fight other than stand there with his hands down absorbing shots. All I could say after the fight was WOW. Just fucking WOW. I didn't really care who won in the first place as I've never been a fan of JDS or Cain, but that fight to me was a lackluster sparring session between a pro (Cain) and an amateur. Thoroughly disappointed.

I dont agree TS, if JDS had broken mentally he would have quit, much like Belfort does, instead he stayed and took a beating. JDS is a champ, he was easily outclassing Cain until he got caught, ive always said he lacks head movement and sherdog laughed at me. He was bound to get caught.

Well let me rephrase the he broke mentally would you say it's fair he was confused and had no idea what to do to make the situation better?

Yeah pretty much. Cain gave him no space to breath. Junior could still have gotten a knockdown/out if he timed his punch right, but Cain did a good job of constant head moving, constantly throwing, constant takedown attempts, etc. Junior wasn't used to this pressure and couldn't handle it. And then he got rocked, BIG TIME. That + being tired (not because he has sucky cardio....Cain was all fucking over him, Junior tried his ass out defending the first 5 or so takedowns, getting taken down once and popping right back up, that takes a lot of energy) = he got his ass whupped.

I dont agree TS, if JDS had broken mentally he would have quit, much like Belfort does, instead he stayed and took a beating. JDS is a champ, he was easily outclassing Cain until he got caught, ive always said he lacks head movement and sherdog laughed at me. He was bound to get caught.

wtf was you watching lol?

I agree and Cain was out striking JDS in the first match until he got caught. These things tend to happen a lot when you are winning the fight.

Disagree. He got hit with a big punch and it completely changed the fight for him. He didn't know how to recover from it but the man does have a shitload of heart. He was nearly finished in the 1st and then nearly armbarred and still managed to press on.

This...I dont see why everyone is raving about Cain's domination. He landed a hard shot and won the fight right then and there in the first. Cain fought a great fight, but the damage was done in the first, and there was no way JUnior was coming back from that.

It honestly looked to me like JDS threw that fight on purpose. It really did. This is not fighter bashing, it's the truth. He did fuck all the entire fight other than stand there with his hands down absorbing shots. All I could say after the fight was WOW. Just fucking WOW. I didn't really care who won in the first place as I've never been a fan of JDS or Cain, but that fight to me was a lackluster sparring session between a pro (Cain) and an amateur. Thoroughly disappointed.

What you talking about ?

picture.php

i dont agree ts, if jds had broken mentally he would have quit, much like belfort does, instead he stayed and took a beating. jds is a champ, he was easily outclassing cain until he got caught, ive always said he lacks head movement and sherdog laughed at me. He was bound to get caught.
haha

he looked like a different fighter last night.

cain never let him get comfortable

The first minute of the fight looked like classic JDS; nimble and agile. The only thing different from usual fights is that he was moving back constantly, and quickly.

Then cain started tagging him over and over with jabs. The constant retreat combined with the constant tagging is something JDS has rarely experienced, and it took its toll on his cardio massively.

Outworked.Outgunned.Outclassed

A day will come for EVERY fighter when they take a beating and it's all about seeing how they respond to it and come back.

It is the nature of the game. One day, we're going to see Jon Jones take a clinic or even dominated like Anderson did against Chael the first. It will happen to everyone.

Cain came out in the first round guns blazing. Cain has some serious heart and cojones

NOBODY has ever been able to handle Cain. JDS did better than anybody else has.

It's a knee jerk opinion based on one fight. Imagine if we all judged fighters on one loss. GSP vs. Serra, Fedor vs. Werdum, Shogun vs. Griffin 1, Silva vs. Chonan. One fight doesn't mean anything in mma, you need a way larger sample size.

Considering his striking defense is very poor compared to his offense and the fact that people tends to lent him set the pace he is comfortable with, i'd say I agree with you 100% TS.. He looked like he hadn't prepared for someone overagressive always pushing the pace and going forward and that it destabilized him big time

Back