JCC Vs PBF?

What weight was his prime? 130, 135, 140? Mayweather's was 130/135, IMO.

Always thought CHavez takes it. His will to succeed was second to none, in the history of the sport. There may have been fighters who wanted it as bad, but nobody wanted it more and was willing to walk through hell to get it done.

I guess the best comparisons for each other that we have, is Chavez v Taylor and Mayweather v Castillo.

Taylor did the business vs Chavez because of his speed and sheer volume of combinations. He ran up a good sized lead, but as tough as Taylor was, the beating he sustained over the course of that fight left an incredible toll on his body. Mayweather is fast, but I've never seen him set the kind of pace Taylor did that night. Not even close.

Castillo troubled Floyd because he was willing to walk through Floyd's shots and give away a number of rounds, just to get the opportunity to land some heavy blows when his time came. I think Mayweather beat him both times, but they were the toughest fights of his career and for all his underappreciated skill, Castillo was no Chavez.

Chavez SD or late TKO @ 130 or 135. 140 Mayweather might be a slight favourite, IMO.

Floyd was a lot bigger than Chavez, I do believe.

Gotta go with PBF on this one.....on speed alone.

On a side note.......I never saw the JCC vs. Juan LaPorte fight. Folks tell me that LaPorte outfought JCC and got jobbed come decision time.....Any truth to this ?

Looked for the fight on youtube but could'nt find it....

JCC for reasons already mentioned in the thread.

Chavez - dream match for sure.

Too bad we never got to see Shane vs PBF at lightweight.

I got PBF.

Taylor liked to trade with everyone as he allowed the killer to come out to often. I don't think that would be a problem in a fight PBF.

I see it as a clear UD.

EDIT: as tam said PBF would've been lankier/bigger than Chavez and I'm not sure he had that advantage with JLC. I could be wrong there though.

Castillo was Chavez sparring partner for a reason, he's basically a poor mans chavez. a for Floyd being lankier, bigger thats not the case. Floyd has had the most problems with guys who arent afraid to take a shot coming in; Castillo (twice), ODLH, Jesus Chavez, Agustus. I see Chavez stopping Floyd like he did Roger.

Castillo was Chavez sparring partner for a reason, he's basically a poor mans chavez. a for Floyd being lankier, bigger thats not the case. Floyd has had the most problems with guys who arent afraid to take a shot coming in; Castillo (twice), ODLH, Jesus Chavez, Agustus. I see Chavez stopping Floyd like he did Roger.

i always though JCC was the size of Hatton though again it was all assumption.

chavez comes on in the later rounds with a tko over floyd. possobility of floyd pulling off a hit and run decision but i think chavez would wear him down and take floyd somewhere hes never been yet.

Castillo was absolutely not a "poor man's" Chavez, and being someone's sparring partner doesn't automatically class them as worse.

Larry Holmes was Ali's sparring partner.

Kid McCoy was Tommy Ryan's sparring partner.

floyd is a much better ring general that taylor, and also would have known he was ahead in a fight and put on his super defensive mode.

Floyd by UD, something like 116-112, 117-111

What would Mayweather have done to be ahead after 12 rounds?

KK. JCastillo isn't in Chavez' league. Chavez was a very clear step ahead of castillo.

That said, I think PBF takes this fight by close ud. PBF had trouble with Castillo in both fights he fought with him, but the first one was the only one that was questionable. One of the reasons he had trouble in that fight is because he tried to stand with Castillo early. The reason he did that is because he didnt know just how determined and talented Castillo was. He under-estimated him... that sure as shit wouldnt have happened if he fought Julio Cesar Chavez. PBF would fight as weary as ever. He would build an early lead before Chavez started timing him. Chavez would take the late rounds, but PBF would not make the same mistake that Meldrick Taylor made. He would play it safe in the championship rounds and take a narrow decision imo.

floyd is a much better ring general that taylor, and also would have known he was ahead in a fight and put on his super defensive mode.

Floyd by UD, something like 116-112, 117-111

But taylor was much more flashy and threw more fluint combos than Floyd. It all balances out.
I would've settled for Mosley-Johnston

I loved johnston. He was a subtle genius. But Mosely would have torn right through him. Mosely was a beast at 135.

TAMTAM.. you picked against floyd on something...

Home-Alone.png

But taylor was much more flashy and threw more fluint combos than Floyd. It all balances out.

I loved johnston. He was a subtle genius. But Mosely would have torn right through him. Mosely was a beast at 135.

to this and tam, I think floyd wouldnt be throwing big combos like taylor, but would be on the outside throwing lead rights, or jabs where he jumps in then jumps out. He would also be throwing uppercuts and hooks when chavez managed to get close, but floyd would get away faster than taylor did.

I also dont see floyd being worn down as much by the end of the fight. His defense was much better than taylors, IMO.

edit: I also think taylor was TOO flashy. The rounds he won, he won by such a large margine. He didnt have to engage as much or leave himself as open, and he still woulda won rounds. floyd is smarter than that.

You're right. Floyd was smarter.. philly fighters pride themselves on wearing their hearts on their sleeves. Meldrick had the goods to be an all time great had he come up in another city but he had too much pride to accept that an opponent could beat him at any level in the ring. That was his down fall imo.

Back