JCC Vs PBF?

Gotta go with PBF on this one.....on speed alone.

On a side note.......I never saw the JCC vs. Juan LaPorte fight. Folks tell me that LaPorte outfought JCC and got jobbed come decision time.....Any truth to this ?

Looked for the fight on youtube but could'nt find it....

Supposedly both the LaPorte and Lockridge fights were questionable, but I haven't seen either.

At 130 (when his dad was training him) i'd go with Floyd. His dad had him on his toes more and he didn't try to roll and deflect punches as much then. A better recipe for Chavez' style IMO. I think he'd beat Julio there.

Above that, I think Floyd gets roughed up a little bit and winds up losing.

Neither fight was questionable, IMO.

Kind of got on to a JLC vs. JCC comparison. My two cents on that: JCC was head and shoulders better than Castillo.

I don't want to sound like an oldtimer, but I was watching boxing when Chavez was the man. For people who only know Chavez through vids of his fights at 147 or when he got old, I don't think they fully understand. Chavez was one of the last fighters that was just a wrecking machine in his prime.

I agree. Most people from this generation of fans, caught Chavez at the backend, when he was struggling with far lesser fighters like Frankie Randall, Oscar De La Hoya and Kostya Tszyu. Chavez in his prime, was the baddest of the bad.

I only place Duran in front of him, when it comes to unstoppable forces.

Castillo isn't in Chavez' league in-terms of career accomplishments, to that I'll agree. But in-terms of styles in the ring, he gave Floyd Mayweather fits and arguably won their first bout. Something people in this thread are picking Chavez as duly unable to do. And no I don't attribute that to any lack of whatever on Floyd's part. Floyd was Floyd, Castillo just fought his ass off.

To say on one-hand Castillo came that close, but that Chavez wouldn't, and that Chavez was without question a better fighter, because Castillo was a sparring partner...is silly IMO.

Like I said KK, it was a mistake on Floyd's part to think he could bully a bull. Castillo was a good fighter, but he wasnt as sharp or pressuring as Chavez. I think Mayweather would fight a very very cautious fight against Chavez where he didnt vs. Castillo.

Epic fail.

See his destruction of Greg haugen that same year.. that was as prime as prime can be. Chavez was on his game.

i thought the first one was a really close fight. I never did get to see the 2nd one.

Johnston was announced the winner of the second fight and then it got turned into a draw because of a miscalculation. He deserved the second for sure though. The first was questionable.

See his destruction of Greg haugen that same year.. that was as prime as prime can be. Chavez was on his game.

Yeah, and Alexis Arguello was in his prime when he fought Aaron Pryor because he destroyed Kevin Rooney beforehand.

Greg Haugen was a world champion with victories over Hector Camacho, Vinny Paz, and Ray Mancini. He was the real deal and he had never been stopped. If memory serves, he had only been dropped once by Whitaker on a beatiful counter. Chavez was at the top of his game there.
Lets not forgot that even though Chavez was gifted a draw against Whitaker, he took the early rounds and made a good account of himself.

Greg Haugen was a world champion with victories over Hector Camacho, Vinny Paz, and Ray Mancini. He was the real deal and he had never been stopped. If memory serves, he had only been dropped once by Whitaker on a beatiful counter. Chavez was at the top of his game there.
Lets not forgot that even though Chavez was gifted a draw against Whitaker, he took the early rounds and made a good account of himself.

Ridiculous. Yeah, he iced Haugen because Haugen had a style tailor made for Chavez. And Haughen wasn't exactly accomplishing anything after either.

Chavez was in his what fourth weight class (which he more less sucked in), and MONTHS later was having life and death struggles with Frankie Randall.

This is crap like saying Duran was prime when he fought Davey Moore because he beat Pipino Cuevas before who was a world champ.

Show me any fight that he looked better than he did vs. Haugen and Ill take it back. He was sharp as ever and he broke Haugen's will.

Ridiculous. Yeah, he iced Haugen because Haugen had a style tailor made for Chavez. And Haughen wasn't exactly accomplishing anything after either.

Chavez was in his what fourth weight class (which he more less sucked in), and MONTHS later was having life and death struggles with Frankie Randall.

This is crap like saying Duran was prime when he fought Davey Moore because he beat Pipino Cuevas before who was a world champ.

He was doing good work. The pfp rankings were between him and Pea at the time. He was at 140 for many years. It was a fitting weight for him.

No one is going to humor you on this. Well, they shouldn't anywho.

No one is going to humor you on this. Well, they shouldn't anywho.

Meh. Not asking you guys to. Chavez was only 31 years old at the time and still taking it to his opponents like a pressure machine. I think his wild life style is to blame for him falling off vs. Randall.

Like I said KK, it was a mistake on Floyd's part to think he could bully a bull.

He absolutely did not attempt that.

I think floyd would win. Although his worst match up was against Castillo who in my opinion is similar in style to chavez. I just learned the hard way not to bet against Floyd so I would take him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back