• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Javier Mendez: Conor McGregor Hasn’t Been the Same Since Khabib Nurmagomedov Loss

I'd argue he hasn't been the same since the Mayweather fight, that's the fight that really got him huge money. I don't think he would have ever returned to MMA if Khabib didn't slap Artem.

khabib-conor.gif

Are you ready for the return of Conor?

Conor vs Islam?

Conor vs Khabib II ?​

Javier ain't wrong.

His mental fortitude has never been the same, and with the added drug abuse since then... I doubt he ever will.

I am interested in his return tho, be interested to see what he can do with himself. Plus it has a circus like appeal, and maybe a bit like an out of control car chase - will he get away with it - or crash and burn?

ezgif-1-2872c003ec71.gif

Maybe it would be more impressive against an actual good fighter, not Eddie lol.

Javier ain't wrong.

His mental fortitude has never been the same, and with the added drug abuse since then... I doubt he ever will.

I am interested in his return tho, be interested to see what he can do with himself. Plus it has a circus like appeal, and maybe a bit like an out of control car chase - will he get away with it - or crash and burn?
3812cb7af1ac30ecb8d92fc69ff3e004999b1848.gif

That snorting baby-mama-cheating midget has been dwarfed into Bolivia and lost already before entering the octagon...

Conor hasn't been the same since the Aldo fight

Before that, he was a humble and hungry fighter who had determination

Money easily corrupts an alcoholic

It was the Mayweather fight. He earned $100m, took years off from MMA and moved onto the coke, whiskey and whores diet. Not exactly conducive to success at a high level of mixed martial arts.

Reactions: mkt
IMO the Floyd payday was the beginning of the end, this was just the exclamation point.
Bingo. I've been saying that since shortly after he fought Mayweather. You don't come back to MMA in the same mental state after a $100 million payday in boxing. The fame, money and hype went to his head. It's like a guy making $70,000/year getting paid $10 million for another job one year then going back to his old job. How hard would you work for $70K after getting $10M?

Back