January 19 boxing vs UFC head to head, TJ -Cejudo will do more views than Pacquiao-Broner does buys

You really seem to think the world is just the States. Those were not Manny fans you are talking about. They are Floyd haters who wanted Manny to be the first to beat Floyd. Manny has a whole fucking nation that worships him. He is the most loved athlete in combat sports WORLD WIDE right now still.

Only PPVs from the states get released in Boxing. So PPV sales don't tell you how popular Manny is

Pacquiao better be grateful for the usa, the philippines doesnt give a crap about poor, it was the usa that made him filthy rich and famous

It’s the first show that practically nobody knows about. ESPN is barely promoting this show. If it does beat Boxing it won’t be by much.

Bruh the whole of the Philippines streams Pacquiao fights. Nice try tho.

Bruh the whole of the Philippines streams Pacquiao fights. Nice try tho.
America is where Pacman made his fortune those bootleg streams dont bring money, if he fought in his country he would be poor earning pesos which are 100 to 1, thats 100 pesos just to equal a US dollar.

giphy.gif

Millions more.

TJ is among the p4p greats and i love watching him fight. But Im also not going to miss out on pacman knocking Broner out.

Hopefully their fights dont go on exactly at the same time.

Broner has beaten some elite boxers. I don't think Elkins has ever had a single top5 win in his career. That's on top of Elkins eaking out fights on shear grit.
elkins has more heart

I'm always surprised people still watch boxing over mma or even kickboxing.
With boxing, it is simply hands and footwork. Some fighters are a joy to behold in all honesty.
But then, why watch boxers when you can watch fighters who both kick and punch, plus the footwork. There you have muay thai and kickboxing. hands feet elbows knees. A larger diverse range of techniques.
Then you have MMA. All that plus BJJ, Sambo and Wrestling.
So, why still watch boxing? It's just obsolete.
Don't get me wrong, I love watching old clips of Joe Louis and gentleman jim corbette. Or, Mike Tyson in his prime. Or Joe Calzaghe making us Welshies proud.

Well I've never heard about either of those boxers so it would be very surprising if they out did tj vs cejudo.

How many people on the street know who pacquio and broner are compared to tj and cejudo?

Pac would be by far the most well known. Then other three would probably be comparable, with Broner being the least known.

Idk, mang.

Still think Pacquiao gets more buys than UFC gets views. In October, ESPN+ had around 1mil subscribers. It won't be that many more in Jan, although it should spike some due to those wanting to see UFC. Whatever the case, the boxing match will probably have more buys than ESPN+ even has subscribers.
How do you find out the number of espn+ subscribers?

I just noticed that UFC TJ vs Cejudo is on the same day as Manny Pacquiao vs. Adrien Broner which is showtime PPV in Las Vegas

This is a good meter to show you how big UFC is, I can almost guarantee you the UFC ESPN+ will do more views than the boxing fight does buys than Pacquiao Broner on January 19.

TJ vs. Cejudo will do 350k views on ESPN+ and Pacquiao broner will do 250k buys.

Nobody is going to pay 75 bucks to watch a washed up 40 year old Pacman over a legit super fight between two champions in UFC.

This is going to be huge especially with ESPN promoting the UFC event.

UFC is going to shine bright in 2019 better believe it and I hope everyone orders ESPN+ UFC its a legit worthy fight.

Streaming apps are the way of the future. plus its worth the price to be honest, you only pay a small few monthly and can watch multiple fights on ESPN + you save money in the long run.
Hmmm, a PPV against a card on cable TV eh.... That does seem like a pretty reasonable head to head comparison cause way more peole order PPV's than have a sports package on there cable, lol.

There's reason the UFC never went head to head with Mayweather on PPVs (if I recall correctly they even moved a date once to avoid this conflict) and even had early cards on cable the couple times they did do an event on the same day to make sure it was over before the Mayweather card started.

But again, comparing a UFC ppv on the same night as a Mayweather Boxing PPV would be a forgone conclusion and about as valid a comparison as putting a PPV against a card on cable TV.

With that said though this will probably be closer than it should be because casual fans have no fucking clue who TJ and Henry are and most "hardcore" fans are way to badass to bother watching a fight between two "manlets" theh could easily beat up, lol.

You may be drastically over estimating the actual core audience of true MMA fans.

Last edited:
Pac would be by far the most well known. Then other three would probably be comparable, with Broner being the least known.
Hahaha, you've been on Sherdog since 2011 and have never heard of Pacquioa? I call bullshit since he is one of the most famous athletes in the world and has been mentioned on here millions of times including dozens of threads about how badly he would have beaten Conor.

Do you think pretending to be ignorant makes you look like a cooler and more credible MMA fan cause it really doesn't.

Broner being a fourweight champ in boxing shows how weak that shit is.
Darren Elkins is way more skilled as an mma fighter than Broner is as a boxer. i hope Pacman KOs his ass out
tenor.gif

Back