Jan Potentially Beating Adesanya at 205

Jan potentially beating an unbeaten, young champion Israel Adesanya would do more for his notoriety and legacy as a fighter than potentially beating a 41 year old Glover Teixeira, who isn't considered to be the same calibre of fighter as Adesanya. Nevermind the fact that Adesanya is much more popular.

Vice Versa for Adesanya. No championship fight at 185 right now would do more for him than beating Jan.

Am I lying???
True

Jan potentially beating an unbeaten, young champion Israel Adesanya would do more for his notoriety and legacy as a fighter than potentially beating a 41 year old Glover Teixeira, who isn't considered to be the same calibre of fighter as Adesanya. Nevermind the fact that Adesanya is much more popular.

Vice Versa for Adesanya. No championship fight at 185 right now would do more for him than beating Jan.

Am I lying???
let izzi lizzy fight rakic first ice t and then lets see where he's at.my prediction is rakic puts izzy lizzy in a coma and 2 broken twig legs.never mind going for the title .no jumping to title..rakic at 28 years old and a beast a younger lion..lets see how tough izzy lizzy is.forget about jumping to the old guy.

Am I lying???

Your assessment here is very logical.

Sherdog hates logic. You will be attacked for making sense.

Even still the fight doesn't need to happen until Jan defends a few times. I'm not saying I won't watch it but it just doesn't feel as exciting as it would if Jan was out here defending his title like a beast.

No LHW in the near future will defend that title like a beast, so Adesanya will need to wait forever

let izzi lizzy fight rakic first ice t and then lets see where he's at.my prediction is rakic puts izzy lizzy in a coma and 2 broken twig legs.never mind going for the title .no jumping to title..rakic at 28 years old and a beast a younger lion..lets see how tough izzy lizzy is.forget about jumping to the old guy.
For the record, I like Rakic. But the fact is that he has more work to do before he's mentioned in this convo.

Now please, troll elsewhere.

Clearly Izzy vs. Jan. makes the most sense for both guys, both from a legacy standpoint and for the pay day.

There are no opponents within their own divisions who delivers as much value to each guy.

Sucks for Glover...but no way UFC throws Izzy-Jan away to slide in Glover, as much as it would be nice to see him get a title shot.

Depends on how you define "notoriety" and "legacy" within the "context" of "MMA"

@Mohawk Banditó where you at hoe??? I'm gonna take what you said about reading half my posts being a waste of time as a compliment. I'm sure you meant that you enjoy the other half. Which is pretty ok for me.

Last edited:
next your izzy lizzy is 6 ft 4 inches and everyone he beat is under 6 ft majority 5ft 9 ,lets get izzy lizzy up to the big boys.lets see how he does against rakic , reys, walker ,jiri are even magomed who is 15 on the list ,the list goes on.he don't deserve shit until he fights a light heavyweight .i say all of them wipe out izzy lizzy since they are all 6ft 4 inch plus beasts.

next your izzy lizzy is 6 ft 4 inches and everyone he beat is under 6 ft majority 5ft 9 ,lets get izzy lizzy up to the big boys.lets see how he does against rakic , reys, walker ,jiri are even magomed who is 15 on the list ,the list goes on.he don't deserve shit until he fights a light heavyweight .i say all of them wipe out izzy lizzy since they are all 6ft 4 inch plus beasts.
200w.gif

For the record, I like Rakic. But the fact is that he has more work to do before he's mentioned in this convo.

Now please, troll elsewhere.
really ? in reality he's 6-0 in the ufc hr got burned against volkan and destroyed the rest and a monster that made smith look like a amature fighter and top 5, yea ok there izzy lizzy...rakic would put izzy in a coma and break both of his twig legs. smiths legs were destroyed by 3 kicks and couldn't walk for days and needed help to get out of bed..

I understand the point you're trying to make but the fact is that NEVER in UFC, have two champions fought after both have fully cleared their divisions. It's just unrealistic to expect at this point.

As far as looking at it from Adesanya and Jan's perspective, they'd both be taking on the biggest possible challenge for a championship fight with the biggest possible reward.

For those saying it doesn't make sense, it does make sense for both Jan and Izzy. They shouldn't be worried about clogging their divisions. They are doing what's best for their careers and they've earned it.

Its not up to them to care ..your right its the UFC job to maintain control of its champions and divisions..otherwise everytime somone wins a belt they just leap frog to another division over all of its contenders and get a t.s and never defend there belts vuz thats what makes the most financial sense for them...but thats not what a promotion should allow to happen...otherwise theres no sport just who can i fight for what gain...and means a ton of time wasted and cherry picking and ducking...its already getting pretty bad as is for people trying to duck or control favourable match ups...at some point the UFC needs to start resembling a sport again or they run the risk of having an NWO type situation that WCW had were the talent started having too much pull or control.about what happened and the over content suffered...yes that was pro wrestling but it applies because it was chaos and chaos only leads to destruction

Jones never got any credit for beating middleweights, neither does Jan. Glover does more for Jans legacy.
Adesanya may be an exception to this since he won against Whittaker and Costa (two fighters who were supposed to be treated as major challengers, one of them undefeated) and disposed both of them in dominant fashion.

Not to mention the sheer precision, fight IQ, and speed difference.

really ? in reality he's 6-0 in the ufc hr got burned against volkan and destroyed the rest and a monster that made smith look like a amature fighter and top 5, yea ok there izzy lizzy...rakic would put izzy in a coma and break both of his twig legs. smiths legs were destroyed by 3 kicks and couldn't walk for days and needed help to get out of bed..
Ok I'll bite. Even if what you say is true, why would Adesanya fight him now if he has an opportunity to fight the champion.

Why would we he fight a contender that would whoop him if he can skip straight to the top?

Basically you're not making any relevant points in relation to the OP. Quit while you're behind. Dismissed.

Ok I'll bite. Even if what you say is true, why would Adesanya fight him now if he has an opportunity to fight the champion.

Why would we he fight a contender that would whoop him if he can skip straight to the top?

Basically you're not making any relevant points in relation to the OP. Quit while you're behind. Dismissed.
i make a point and you just said rakic will wipe out izzy lizzy so that means why should your izzy lizzy fight for the title when he will get destroyed by rakic.... done here you can go away DISMISSED, and you think your smart...yea ok there ,

some of you on here think izzy lizzy is a big deal but in reality he fought guys under 6 ft but 99% 5ft 9 izzy lizzy is 6ft 4 and now you think he should fight for the title at light heavyweight that's a joke . the guys there are the big boys and beasts and majority 6ft 4 and up but a couple .let izzy lizzy fight the 10 guy there and up to the top 5 then we will see where he's at.then if he loses you will all make excuses that's a fact .i would love him to fight rakic ,fact is rakic would break his twig legs in 2 and put him in a coma.to much power , speed and 28 years old...lets see what you izzy lizzy kissers say.also let him fight rey's or any of the top 10 .not even rakic.

Last edited:
Izzy outpoints Jan by kickboxing on the outside.

Jan has a better chance to starch Glover, much like Gus did.

Glover is probably also the higher risk fight

Back