Jan Potentially Beating Adesanya at 205

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Jan potentially beating an unbeaten, young champion Israel Adesanya would do more for his notoriety and legacy as a fighter than potentially beating a 41 year old Glover Teixeira, who isn't considered to be the same calibre of fighter as Adesanya. Nevermind the fact that Adesanya is much more popular.

Vice Versa for Adesanya. No championship fight at 185 right now would do more for him than beating Jan.

Am I lying???

Jan potentially beating an unbeaten, young champion Israel Adesanya would do more for his notoriety and legacy as a fighter than potentially beating a 41 year old Glover Teixeira, who isn't considered to be the same calibre of fighter as Adesanya. Nevermind the fact that Adesanya is much more popular.

Am I lying???

Yes

Even still the fight doesn't need to happen until Jan defends a few times. I'm not saying I won't watch it but it just doesn't feel as exciting as it would if Jan was out here defending his title like a beast.

No doubt! Glover makes his resume look better at LHW, but Izzy will give him attention.

Stop making threads....ur point is your own...people are gonna disagree with u no matter how u write it...

This super fight is a waste and barely a super fight really...
Am I lying??? Yes or no.

I had to make another thread because apparently I wasn't playing nice in the last one.

Besides the same ones disagreeing with me are likely the same ones who were saying Jacare deserved a shot when Adesanya was on the rise at 185.

Last edited:
What’s your point? He’s said he’ll take either one next depending on the fighters themselves. And what the UFC wants. As long as it meets up with his timeline. And as the champ he deserves 6 months off for his fiancee to have a child.

What’s your point? He’s said he’ll take either one next depending on the fighters themselves. And what the UFC wants. As long as it meets up with his timeline. And as the champ he deserves 6 months off for his fiancee to have a child.
I am not criticizing Jan in any way.

I'm confused at those complaining about the potential matchup.

Am I lying??? Yes or no.

I had to make another thread because apparently I wasn't playing nice in the last one.

I think the answer lies in the middle ...as certain people value different things...

From a financial and maybe personal gain outlook izzy is a better win, but a big risk to say the least as izzy could beat him...

From a sport and legacy stand point its a pretty dumb move as jan hasnt even defended his belt..if he were to lose to izzy he would of destroyed his own title reign with no defenses and likely doesnt get another title shot..as everyone would say hes got beat by a MW , hes shit balahblahabalaha...not to mention it log jams two divisions currently trying to sort itself out

Super fights should be reserved for the elite of the elite ..champions who have no other reasonable option but each other...this is not the case at the moment

Last edited:
I am not criticizing Jan in any way.

I'm confused at those complaining about the potential matchup.

Many people think it’s unfair. What’s so hard to understand? Take out the money. Take out the names. Take out the two division unearned title shots.

Who deserves it? Are you actually even weighing the arguments or just running with your narrative?

@GoshiShun17 Treat this as a tall task for Jan to overcome since if he ends up passing through both Izzy and Glover, he may end up being one of the GOATs in the LHW division, especially achieving a monumental task like that at the twilight of his career.

Or if he can get through Izzy, he can also have a shot at Jones.

But you and I can both agree that this fight can answer one important question in combat sports: Does weight even matter when you got the skills to make up for the size difference? With Izzy, his presence seems to straight up ignore difference in size and strength between him and bigger guys as a whole, yea.

Yeah that is true, but Jan stands to win much more money if he is able to dispose of Glover and then calls out Izzy, the truth is he is not very well known and the notoriety of a dominant title-defense would be great for his wallet when the Izzy superfight gets done. Sure, fighting Glover is a risk, after all old brazilian grapplers have given him trouble before, but he seems to be willing to step-up. Give old man Glover his shot.

Jones never got any credit for beating middleweights, neither does Jan. Glover does more for Jans legacy.

Not sure how many threads you need to make about this same thing

I think the answer lies in the middle ...as certain people value different things...

From a financial and maybe personal gain outlook izzy is a better win, but a big risk to say the least as izzy could be him...

From a sport and legacy stand point its a pretty dumb move as jan hasnt even defended his belt..if he were to lose to izzy he would of destroyed his own title reign with no defenses and likely doesnt get another title shot..as everyone would say hes got beat by a MW , hes shit balahblahabalaha...not to mention it log jams two divisions currently trying to sort itself out

Super fights should be reserved for the elite of the elite ..champions who have no other reasonable option but each other...this is not the case at the moment
I understand the point you're trying to make but the fact is that NEVER in UFC, have two champions fought after both have fully cleared their divisions. It's just unrealistic to expect at this point.

As far as looking at it from Adesanya and Jan's perspective, they'd both be taking on the biggest possible challenge for a championship fight with the biggest possible reward.

For those saying it doesn't make sense, it does make sense for both Jan and Izzy. They shouldn't be worried about clogging their divisions. They are doing what's best for their careers and they've earned it.

Last edited:
Jones never got any credit for beating middleweights, neither does Jan. Glover does more for Jans legacy.
First off, yes he does. Second, he's never fought an undefeated 185 champion. He will soon though.

Back