Jan "Polish Power" Blachowicz has the LOWEST KO rate of all lightheavyweights

Is Jan one of the weakest KO artists in the UFC?

• Total voters
He's a light heavyweight, most (more than 50%) of light heavyweight matches end in KO.
From 2013-2018 the knockout rate for Light Heavyweights had never exceeded 50% and it's gotten as low as 36% in both 2013 and 2016.

Jan actually has a 36% knockout rate in the UFC.

He also has more submission finishes than most of the division too I'm guessing

Nope, he doesn't, not even close. His submission rate is 25% (9 out of 36 fights). Krylov beats Jan easiest in submission rate and KO rate. FYI, the majority of Krylov's submissions came in the UFC. Jan has almost submitted no one in his UFC run (almost all his submissions were in regional MMA scene), Jan has a 7.5% submission rate just for the UFC.

He likes cardio?

Nope, he doesn't, not even close. His submission rate is 25% (9 out of 36 fights). Krylov beats Jan easiest in submission rate and KO rate. FYI, the majority of Krylov's submissions came in the UFC. Jan has almost submitted no one in his UFC run (almost all his submissions were in regional MMA scene), Jan has a 7.5% submission rate just for the UFC.
I guess Jan is can then.. what’s your point?

Also. Knockout % is based on wins vs knockouts, not total fights...

You fought, got knocked out, and didn't knock the other person out. I'd count that as a fail towards KO percentage.

If I had to make a bet on fighter winning by KO, i'd take into account his losses.

His power was unlocked when he found a hanged man and took his rope

maxresdefault.jpg

BrownWatchfulFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

J
A lot of fights at a higher level compared someone like Reyes who was knocking guys out on the regionals and has far fewer fights.

Jan knocked out Corey Anderson the 2nd time but probably should have the first time, also should have knocked out Manuwa and Cummins.

Jan has power, it's silly to look at those numbers and say he doesn't.
Jan would have koed izzy if izzy engaged. He got touched and stopped the firefights.

He was a wrestle-boxing decision guy until the Rockhold fight, this is known.

I mean, I still think he's a wrestle-box decision guy. I don't think 2 recent KOs (Rockhold, and Reyes) changes that when he has a history of being a decision guy. He pretty much just wrestle-boxed Izzy to a decision like what he usually does.

And who on your KO list other than Krylov have more subs? Glover has about the same (1 more), Anthony Smith but most came at middleweight...

And who on your KO list other than Krylov have more subs? Glover has about the same (1 more), Anthony Smith but most came at middleweight...

Should they change his nickname from Polish Power to Polish Grappler? Cause you know, apparently he's one of the top submission artists I guess.

Just because someone has a (relatively low) KO-percentage, doesn't mean he lacks power.
Jeremy Stephens KO-rate isn't crazy high either, but WHEN he does connect, people truly don't fucking move.

And yet, he’s the undisputed champion. It’s almost as if there are more ways than just KOs to win an mma fight??

Fucking pathetic thread.

Back