Jan "Polish Power" Blachowicz has the LOWEST KO rate of all lightheavyweights

Is Jan one of the weakest KO artists in the UFC?

• Total voters
Obviously he's improved his striking and uses his power better in recent fights. It's pretty fucking obvious that he hits hard now. Shadow realmed Rockhold and Anderson, his punches absolutely destroyed Reyes. He used to be a grappling oriented fighter previously.

why does no one accuse Jan of using PED's when he magically went from a pillow-fisted grappler to a knock out artist in such a short span of time?

He's really sharped his stand up over the last few years and improved his ability to find those fight ending shots but I wouldn't necessarily call him a KO artist. He's an all rounder with good power and fight IQ. No shame in that at all, quite the opposite.

4 KOs in his last 6 fights. I'm ok with Jan these days. He's a changed fighter and this topic doesn't hold weight anymore. Excited to watch him fight again.

4 KOs in his last 6 fights. I'm ok with Jan these days. He's a changed fighter and this topic doesn't hold weight anymore. Excited to watch him fight again.

You counting the one where Santos knocked Jan out as a KO for Jan?

It will only go higher now that he’s fighting against weaker competition in the ufc

Reactions: TR1
Should they change his nickname from Polish Power to Polish Grappler? Cause you know, apparently he's one of the top submission artists I guess.
You're looking at this all wrong my guy

Jan was always a grappler, using his superior strength to get guys down and put them away. Watch replays of some of his old KSW fights- Jan would pretty much just manhandle dudes to the ground and either submit them easily if they had no ground game, or hold them down and win a decision. His strategy was very, very grappling heavy until recent years. His striking technique has consistently and steadily improved over the last decade to the point where he can use his elite strength to KO high level fighters. There is no doubt Jan has legit KO power.

Jan was always a grappler, using his superior strength to get guys down and put them away. Watch replays of some of his old KSW fights- Jan would pretty much just manhandle dudes to the ground and either submit them easily if they had no ground game, or hold them down and win a decision. His strategy was very, very grappling heavy until recent years. His striking technique has consistently and steadily improved over the last decade to the point where he can use his elite strength to KO high level fighters. There is no doubt Jan has legit KO power.

The weird thing is his wrestling is fairly pedestrian.

Jan 36 fights; 8 Ko: 22.22% KO

#1 Glover: 38 fights; 19 ko; 50% KO
#2 Jiri: 32 fights; 25 ko; 78% KO
#3 Rakic 16 fights; 9 ko; 56% KO
#4 Santos 30 fights; 15 ko; 50% KO
#5 Reyes 15 fights; 7 ko; 46.67% KO
#6 Smith 51 fights; 19 ko; 37% KO
#7 Ankalaev 16 fights; 9 ko; 56% KO
#8 Ozedmir 22 fights; 12 ko; 54.54% KO
#9 Krylov 35 fights; 11 ko; 31% KO
#10 Walker 22 fights; 15 ko; 68% KO

Does Ian suck at knocking people out?

I don't think there's any ranked light heavyweight UFC fighter that has ever had a KO ratio lower than 22.22%.
He only really started to show it pretty recently, but yes, he hits like a truck

The weird thing is his wrestling is fairly pedestrian.

KSW isn't exactly known for their great grapplers. He got outwrestled hard by Corey Anderson in their first fight, Anderson got multiple 10-8 rounds on Jan by wrestle screwing him.

What's Conor's KO rate in the past 4 years champ? not including his losses of course.

Back