• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Jamie Varner not a fan of Laura Sanko's commentary

he's just talking his way into unfinished business and a rematch with drew dober.

Women commentating sports in general is lowering the bar. That said, Sanko’s better than most other ufc commentators

Preach. It’s so wild that people still think you need to have done a sport to be an expert in it.
I remember a shitload of fighters specifically saying they don't watch fighting. If that's the case, since commentary is mostly rooted in watching fights, those fighters would be the  least experienced people to be commentators, by his "logic."

Last edited:
I like her, she can times make the booth funny when Bisping makes a remark and she rolls with it.

i actually liked listening to her, yeah she talks a lot but ive listened to the others for so long, almost everything they say, all the points they bring up, they feel like their all on reply cause i heard them all before. i know the moves the fights going through and know what there going say. the most interesting part of their commentary these days is listening to the odd story or some inside joke now and then.

laura brings a fresh take on things, she seems to know her shit so ill listen and maybe learn something new. and yep, being cute as hell doest hurt either.

I think she does a good job. If I were to make a list of who I prefer the most as commentators/broadcast people out of the current roster I'd probably have her within the top 5. She doesn't make the viewing experience much better but she also doesn't detract from it at all. I feel like there are more inconsistent members or people that generally I find to be annoying and she's not one of them.

Also, being a great fighter does not mean you'd make for a great coach. or commentator. Idk why people keep trying to believe this is the case.

Did she tap you in another life?

<JerryWWF>

the problem with this entire logic... is ...
she still fought, and won, against someone more experienced.

Even if she lost, she stepped in there.

Attacking her looks, her background, how "cool" her mma training is, hiding behind "cringe bro".

It reads like a 15 year old who does not respect anyone who entered competition.

She fought, and she trained. There is nothing cringe about it,

except the wild rephrasing to claim everyone is a sanko simp.

Couldn't care less about her looks,
as nobody gives a fuck about Rogan's looks,
or Felder's looks, Fitzgerald's looks, Bisping, DC, DC, Goldie, Bas, Mauro, Anik, etc...

Maybe some simply hate Varner more than we hate people who say "bro".

The broad isn't a ring girl.

She is more of a fighter than a ring girl,

and more of a man than Jamie Varner.

Look, first of all, I do not respect just anyone who “steps in there” due to fact that I know what it takes to “step in there”

I’ve cornered and participated in so many shit-show events throughout the entire midwest from 2000-2010 that I simply cannot respect someone who simply “got in there” LoL

You know how many jobbers fight and fought w/o any prior training whatsoever in mma? Its ridiculously high. Jobbers smoking a cig with hand-wraps on and shit. Ive seen dudes basically step out of the crowd and take a fights

Yea, but fighting a mom who made a quick stop before picking her son up from soccer practice is not much to brag about
Doesn't change the fact that she has professional fighting experience, making Varners complaint based on bullshit.

I notice he has never criticized Jon Anik or Brendan Fitzgerald. I wonder why that is.

I’ve consistently said that she’s terrible, she’s in love with the sound of her voice and believes she’s more qualified than her UFC veteran counterparts when she talks over them. She honestly believes that once having fought a soccer mom with a 2-11 record puts her on the same field as guys like Bisping, Cruz, Felder, etc.

Didn’t Megan Aussie accuse her of being Dana’s side piece before it was scrubbed of the web?

Buncha h8nazz bucktees in here talm aboot no hymen no diamond typa ting y'all sick to my stomach fam frfr #CommentatorSanko she was just been too many much pure for 6ixdog redpill mindset specially widdem new dolls comin' out fam gyaldem keepin' it buck finna be a ting a da past tayum mans finna get his widda x machina swappable head and all dat sadnezz LMFAOLLLL 😂 🤡 🗣️ 🚢🔻⭕🟰🐐

Ain't no disrespect tho 6ixdog just keepin' it a buck 💯 🦌

Doesn't change the fact that she has professional fighting experience, making Varners complaint based on bullshit.

I notice he has never criticized Jon Anik or Brendan Fitzgerald. I wonder why that is.

He made careful to use "there should be a female UFC fighter instead" and not "there should be a female MMA fighter instead". He knew, he was being a dick.

Back